Author Topic: Collision Model  (Read 22789 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Collision Model
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2011, 03:30:00 PM »
...and they are youtube videos. Proves nothing. Post the real films. HTC can look at the data thats on the films that we can't see. The F4 shot you through the head as he crashed into you. I'm sure thats why you were instantly towered.

As I said, in 10 years I haven't seen anything that I didn't think should have happened. Of course I'm not micro analyzing each and every frame of film, nor do I expect each and every frame to be perfect. What you see as only "close" may be seen by the computer as "close enough". Do the skins actually cover each and every part of the 3d model? I don't know, but neither do I expect it too. Some sacrifices must be made in coding, this isn't real life and you shouldn't expect it to work like it.

1st film - HiTech said it had nothing to do with a ghost wing, I sent that .ahf to HiTech as he had requested me to when I posted it the first time. Hitech's reason for it is in the other thread.

2nd film - I do not accept any none-collision collision to be called bogus;
My G14 losing it's wing to a vulcher, in which on my FE we didn't touch and even in the vid shows this..  My F4U, the very next shot, being collided with from the rear insta-towering me, which isn't the first time i might add..
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2011, 03:33:07 PM »
Neither of those video's are really all that useful.

In the first video it looks like you did infact clip the B17 with your left wing, but we cant see all the angles, and you really cant look at it frame by frame in youtube. 

The second video is mostly you just crashing to music?  If there collisions in there I didn't notice any.  It looks like you just posted a random vid.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2011, 03:43:12 PM »
Neither of those video's are really all that useful.

In the first video it looks like you did infact clip the B17 with your left wing, but we cant see all the angles, and you really cant look at it frame by frame in youtube. 

The second video is mostly you just crashing to music?  If there collisions in there I didn't notice any.  It looks like you just posted a random vid.
I'm not repeating myself anymore. The current system isn't 100%, I have posted on in in the past and what I believed would be a better way.
And MK84, that 1st video quite clearly shows no collision, you might want to borrow my glasses 8)
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2011, 03:54:14 PM »
I'm not repeating myself anymore. The current system isn't 100%, I have posted on in in the past and what I believed would be a better way.
And MK84, that 1st video quite clearly shows no collision, you might want to borrow my glasses 8)

Didnt look clear to me, but then what about Luches hypothesis?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »
Didnt look clear to me, but then what about Luches hypothesis?

:bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead etc.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2011, 09:40:27 AM »
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2011, 12:10:34 PM »

You seem to not want to state the fact that the issue in the film you sent me was fixed in the last version.

So is the system now 100% accurate? There is no way I can prove it is,but I have not seen any evidence there is another problem with it, so do have any films showing it is not in the current version?

HiTech

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2011, 01:21:19 PM »
i say if anyone collides... both parties get the collision regardless... planes aren't supposed to touch any way...

And I'll laugh my bellybutton off when you whine that you received damage from the collision when you didn't collide on your front end. 

This thread if full of people that don't understand how the collision model works, let alone the reasons for having it the way it is.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2011, 01:48:50 PM »

Collisions here we go again been there done that and gotten alot of t-shirts from it :)

Now that im older and wiser  :old:

I now realise that WHO GIVES A DAM

Now if we where to be hooked up by electrodes so we could feel pain from bullet hits and collisions then i would complain. :)
But for now understand its a game with around 25 to 500 players at anyone time playing on various servers. Now we all dond live or camp outside Hitechs Office to play the game Do we. we all live around the world. Now think on it how many cable joins and phone relay junction boxes does a little electricity pulse say around 10volts for example have to travel from The servers at Hitechcreations to say me here in Fife in Scotland. Quit a lot i think, Now those cable joins and Phone relay Boxes provide resistance thus the 10volts pulse is now say 2volts by the time it reaches my computer. Now to avoide this the signal is boosted from 10volts to say 22volts so when it reaches my computer i recieve 10volts. Now even with a boosted signal i can still recieve around 7volts still a drop in power but not to bad a drop. So now from what i under stand is this same principle of thought i have used as i know more about flow of electricity current than i do what ever its called that flows around the world to give us the internet. From a drop of 10volts to 7 volts and back to 10volts is very similar to frame rates we recieve on online gaming so the drop of frame rates leads to say stuttering.Now it may not be you it may be the other player who knows.

Now im very happy in my old age  :old: to keep playing and forget about collisions as i believe that Hitech and the team do a fine job of bringing us a wonderful game that is closest to reality ive seen in a while. So they had a problem to get around in the game design of what happens when 2 players collide what do we do is it becouse one player gets 5 frames a second less than the other ???? WHAT DO WE DO ? They say.

I bet in the design of the game they had a lengthy meeting to discuss this and come up with a fair solutution to it. Hey it may not be fair to all but hey instead of complaining try and design an online game like Aces and see what problems you encounter by having moaning customers. :)

Oh and if my way of describing whats it called you know what is streaming to our PC's to give us internet wrong i do apollogise im used to the flow of current ( Electricity ). :)

BulletVI 
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2011, 08:34:43 PM »
You seem to not want to state the fact that the issue in the film you sent me was fixed in the last version.

So is the system now 100% accurate? There is no way I can prove it is,but I have not seen any evidence there is another problem with it, so do have any films showing it is not in the current version?

HiTech

I haven't avoided stating any facts HiTech, I did type out that your reasons for the collision in the first film, is in the other thread made about collisions. Had I been avoiding that, I wouldn't have bothered stating it when I was pressed by Snailman. However, I haven't read it in the version/patch notes. Must be my eyes playing up this time I may have over looked it. Have you a link to the patch note containing that collision fix? Also what was the current version release date? When I'm next making a AH film for my youtube account I'll make an effort, (when catagorising the files of films,) to sort any none-collision collisions and Email then to you, as I did with that 110+B17 Film.

Bullet, Don't misunderstand me, I'm not getting at the game, or creators. As a whole, it's fantastic. If it wasn't, I wouldn't be paying around £120 a year for it while I'm in possession of IL2 Sturmovik and Wings of Prey. I understand it, but I have never liked the collision system, it's often been a knife fight fun stomper for me. As for moaning customers, I had 5 years listening to it face to face. It didn't bothered me, I was paid for it and it never caused me any problems I couldn't fix.

:salute
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2011, 03:21:49 AM »
I wish I could write massive re
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2011, 06:02:11 AM »
I wish I could write massive re

Bollocks!

Give me some pie :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2011, 07:36:15 AM »
i did dude... and thats why i say collision model to change to both parties..

It is already that way.... if both players see a collision.

The long and short of it is if 99% of the players would rather have the current collision model than the one you suggest.  I for one would be furious if I missed the plane by a mile and died to a collision that didn't happen as far as I'm concerned. 

I honestly can't recall taking damage from a collision that didn't happen on my screen.  As a matter of fact, I suspect I have only taken damage in a collision a hand full of times in the last 3 years.  I do this by AVOIDING contact with NME aircraft  :O  I know this concept isn't something you comprehend easily, but it does work....

On a side note, you should work on your SA if you are dieing to collisions as often as you say you are. 

:salute
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2011, 10:02:13 AM »
     I haven't avoided stating any facts HiTech, I did type out that your reasons for the collision in the first film, is in the other thread made about collisions. Had I been avoiding that, I wouldn't have bothered stating it when I was pressed by Snailman.

If you typed out my reasons ,then re read the same post, it states  I had fixed it for the next release, and there was a release after that post.

HiTech

Version 2.26 Patch 0 Changes
======================

Please note that there is an updated hi-res texture pack that you will need to download if you are running 1024 or greater texture size.

Added the P-40F and P-40N.  Thanks to cactuscooler for the skins.

Added the Panzer IV F and updated the Panzer IV H.  Thanks to Greebo for these skins.

Added the M-18 Hellcat.

Completely revised P-40 flight modeling from the ground up.  Changed the P-40B designation to a P-40C. 

Changed the muzzle flash on tank guns to emit smoke.

Fixed a low level collision test that could return incorrect results in certain situations.

Fixed a bug that could cause icon or text colors to not display correctly on systems with low end video chips.

Fixed a bug that caused arena tables with longer names to not appear on the upload table list.

Fixed a crash bug that happened when spawning a custom arena with custom settings.

Fixed an issue with the Tiger 2 that allowed it to be easily damaged from the inside.

Changed it so that if the barrel of a weapon is sticking into an object, it will no longer fire.

Many missing in-plane sounds (stall horn, wind, airframe stress, etc) now play in the film viewer.  Note that they will only be present in new films.

Ground vehicles films now record gunsight and turret information along with other general improvements in this area. 

Film viewer now saves the window size between sessions.

Fixed some potential plane performance issues that could occur above the normal service ceiling.

Updated canopy frames on the P-51s and Spitfires to 3D shapes.

Fixed a gear shadow issue on the B5N.

Calibrated the TBM's 10K mark on the altimeter.

Added the following new CM commands that are used for change cloud patterns:

.ulweath FILENAME - uploads a cloud file (.AWA) from your \aces high\chconfig\(terrain name) folder.  Note that this function is only available to CMs at this time and not custom hosts.  We're still working on other improvements in this area.

.dweath - Displays all available cloud patterns for the current terrain.

.sweath FILENAME - Sets the arena to use the specified cloud file.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2011, 12:07:27 PM »
If you typed out my reasons ,then re read the same post, it states  I had fixed it for the next release, and there was a release after that post.

HiTech

That's odd, 2.26 isn't in the news and info section. Only 2.26 Patch 2 is. I can't read what I can't see
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho