Author Topic: Collision Model  (Read 22755 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Collision Model
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2011, 01:16:35 PM »
That's odd, 2.26 isn't in the news and info section. Only 2.26 Patch 2 is. I can't read what I can't see

The patch 0 information is listed along with patch 2. If you read it I'm sure you'll see it.

http://www.hitechcreations.com/Flight-Sim/Flight-Simulator-Download/version-226-patch-0-information-page.html

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2011, 01:17:56 PM »
The patch 0 information is listed along with patch 2. If you read it I'm sure you'll see it.

http://www.hitechcreations.com/Flight-Sim/Flight-Simulator-Download/version-226-patch-0-information-page.html

:rock

I found it  :x
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2011, 01:20:16 PM »
That's odd, 2.26 isn't in the news and info section. Only 2.26 Patch 2 is. I can't read what I can't see

Listed on the front page at the time of release.

Also the changes are included in a changes.txt file with every release.

My previous post to you.

That video looks like a general collision bug (not just plane to plane but any type of line/polygon intersections) I fixed (but has not been released) about 1 month back.

It has to do with one of math region cases when computing intersection a line segment and a triangle.

It most notably was discovered by driving a 262 out of a hangar and it would blow up.

There should never be a case where you sufferer a collision and your plane does not hit the other plane.

And parts coming of a plane do not cause damage.

What part of the bold did you not read or understand?

You are correct you can not read what you can not see when you keep your eyes closed

HiTech

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2011, 02:48:36 PM »
The collision model works great.  All of you guys crying that both planes should take damage when a collision only happened on one guy's FE are idiots.  You'd whine a lot harder if both planes did take damage, even though on your end you never got within 300 yards of the other plane.  THAT would cause an earth shattering squeal from you all...

Kinda makes me wish HT would do it just for one day to prove it... and to hear you whine.

:t

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2011, 02:50:44 PM »
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2011, 03:45:27 PM »

You have been pwned.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2011, 03:50:42 PM »
The collision model works great.  All of you guys crying that both planes should take damage when a collision only happened on one guy's FE are idiots.  You'd whine a lot harder if both planes did take damage, even though on your end you never got within 300 yards of the other plane.  THAT would cause an earth shattering squeal from you all...

Kinda makes me wish HT would do it just for one day to prove it... and to hear you whine.

:t

Joeblack would cause collisions to players that hadn't even logged in yet if that was the system.  :uhoh

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2011, 07:15:59 PM »
Listed on the front page at the time of release.

Also the changes are included in a changes.txt file with every release.

My previous post to you.

What part of the bold did you not read or understand?

You are correct you can not read what you can not see when you keep your eyes closed

HiTech
HiTech

I understood everyword of the bold. At the time when I read that it hadn't been released. Fixed but not implemented. Because I hadn't read otherwise, I used the term 'supposedly fixed' in my earlier post. (As that was fixed with that patch :aok  :D "Yay, 110's are safe for me to buff hunt again!")

I had not read that it had been implemented, because it was and is not where I look for my all my info, which is here; http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,11.0.html so I never could've known. As for the text files, I deleted that clutter because it's usually on the BBS, in this case, it was and is not. I have the General discussion as my Home page, so often miss that sort of thing posted on the main page. My appologies for that.
     I couldn't read it, eyes open, closed, or just using one eye, because like it or not, it's not that thread (http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,11.0.html) anywhere.
With your mean spirit on the matter I will not be continuing any more correspondence with you on the matter.
But, please do state the patch's release date.

Respectfully

Dolby
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2011, 06:57:00 AM »
Dolby if you're sensitive to Hitech's tone you might consider that "supposedly" generally implies a degree of disbelief.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2011, 07:08:59 AM »
Dolby if you're sensitive to Hitech's tone you might consider that "supposedly" generally implies a degree of disbelief.
Lazy grammar on my behalf. Probably should've used, "supposed to have been fixed, but I have not found the patch notes in the News and Information section of this forum to confirm it."
Supposedly, cut down on a fair bit of typing.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2011, 10:47:30 AM »
Lazy grammar on my behalf. Probably should've used, "supposed to have been fixed, but I have not found the patch notes in the News and Information section of this forum to confirm it."
Supposedly, cut down on a fair bit of typing.

You are still implying by your post that we may not have fixed it. It HAS been fixed, "not supposed to have been" , it WAS past tense has been, I posted the release notes, posted a link to the release notes,posted before the release it was fixed indicating it would be in the next release. I have Done every thing I can to prove we said it was fixed at the , and you are still making insinuations that it has not been.

HiTech

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2011, 10:49:03 AM »
It is already that way.... if both players see a collision.

The long and short of it is if 99% of the players would rather have the current collision model than the one you suggest.  I for one would be furious if I missed the plane by a mile and died to a collision that didn't happen as far as I'm concerned. 

I honestly can't recall taking damage from a collision that didn't happen on my screen.  As a matter of fact, I suspect I have only taken damage in a collision a hand full of times in the last 3 years.  I do this by AVOIDING contact with NME aircraft  :O  I know this concept isn't something you comprehend easily, but it does work....

On a side note, you should work on your SA if you are dieing to collisions as often as you say you are. 

:salute

you're truly amazing.... how do i get the FE collision alone... when i'm not even moving at all sitting on runway let alone avoid it? really.. if i were you i'd try to not judge before you read the earlier threads... its happened at least couple of times...i have the disappointing memory that forgets to record it.. but many people in the LCA can bear witness to what they saw and can vouch... and 99% of players? you recently done a poll of the 400+ players recently that i don't know abt?
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2011, 10:55:10 AM »
how do i get the FE collision alone.

Very simply.

Plane coming down at an angle. He pulls up at the last second just flying over top of you. Your computer does not see the pull up until slightly later and renders the plane flying threw you. Your computer detects the collision and applies damage to you.

HiTech

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2011, 10:56:29 AM »
so.. i should take it and not question a change?
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2011, 11:10:35 AM »
so.. i should take it and not question a change?

If you can change the speed of the Interwebz and get rid of all latency and dropped packets so there is no lag between what you see and what the other player sees, then you will be a bazillionaire.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals