Author Topic: Collision Model  (Read 22802 times)

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
Re: Collision Model
« Reply #180 on: December 28, 2011, 07:46:09 AM »
you are still mixing things up.

The fact that one has a collision on his screen and the other has not is caused by the very nature of internet. It doesn't matter if we call this "realistic" or not, it is what it is and cannot be changed.

The collision model in AH however, has been designed to implement a solution that works on this 'unrealistic' premise and get the most realistic results out of it. And "what you see is what you get" is the most realistic method in terms of gameplay results.

oh its very realistic i can tell you that.. i love it... but not all parts of it... i still think the collision model needs a little more tweaking tho.. somehow...
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: December 28, 2011, 08:22:04 AM »
He flew away because he did not intersect/collide with anything.

Consider this addressed. :)

If there was no intersect/collide, then the message that a guy in a p51 collided with me was an error.

There should never be an instance where a light fighter collides with a tank, displays message that plane collided with said tank, and then the p51 which destroyed a tank with his collision flies away not even smoking.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #182 on: December 28, 2011, 08:54:46 AM »
If there was no intersect/collide, then the message that a guy in a p51 collided with me was an error.

There should never be an instance where a light fighter collides with a tank, displays message that plane collided with said tank, and then the p51 which destroyed a tank with his collision flies away not even smoking.

Without film there's just speculation.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #183 on: December 28, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »

Previous to Version 2.6 Patch 0, there was a collider bug.  It was fixed.  I cannot say there is not any bugs anywhere, but if you have a current film showing what you described, then send it in.  More than happy to take a look at it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: December 28, 2011, 09:07:52 AM »
Previous to Version 2.6 Patch 0, there was a collider bug.  It was fixed.  I cannot say there is not any bugs anywhere, but if you have a current film showing what you described, then send it in.  More than happy to take a look at it.
Release date...
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2011, 09:09:13 AM »
Cool......I haven't had it happen since the update mentioned but it sure was happening before it.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #186 on: December 28, 2011, 09:13:15 AM »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #187 on: December 28, 2011, 11:37:24 AM »
Three collisions last night. All said someone had collided with me. I went down to damage all three times.

No complaint here because on another night it may be just the opposite. If you fight in close quarters there will be collisions. It all evens out in the wash.

:)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:38:59 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: December 28, 2011, 11:40:14 AM »
Three collisions last night. All said someone had collided with me. I went down to damage all three times.

No complaint here because on another night it may be just the opposite. If you fight in close quarters there will be collisions. It all evens out in the wash.

It doesn't even out for me.  People collide with me far more than I collide with them because I avoid the airplane.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #189 on: December 28, 2011, 12:14:37 PM »
oh its very realistic i can tell you that.. i love it... but not all parts of it... i still think the collision model needs a little more tweaking tho.. somehow...
There is no magical "somehow".  Things are as they are and even if computers transmitted data at light speed over the internet it still wouldn't be fast enough.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #190 on: December 28, 2011, 12:44:03 PM »

thats cuz you need to learn how to fly :aok

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #191 on: December 28, 2011, 12:52:46 PM »
I'm not gonna read the whole thread.  Has someone posted Tec's flowchart?
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #192 on: December 28, 2011, 12:55:06 PM »
How about making a collision and instant death for both players? Maybe It might just decrease the head-on shooting and ramming...
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #193 on: December 28, 2011, 01:13:34 PM »
How about making a collision and instant death for both players? Maybe It might just decrease the head-on shooting and ramming...
It would make intentional collisions rampant, and the person not trying to do the collision would have little way of avoiding it.

Why do you think it would decrease those things?  People do those already knowing they'll likely pay the price.  All your suggestion would do is make it so that they know the other guy will also pay the price with them.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #194 on: December 28, 2011, 01:23:39 PM »
It would make intentional collisions rampant, and the person not trying to do the collision would have little way of avoiding it.

Why do you think it would decrease those things?  People do those already knowing they'll likely pay the price.  All your suggestion would do is make it so that they know the other guy will also pay the price with them.
Well, it is obvious that people don't like to die in the MA. So why would people want to risk ramming another plane knowing they will die. The current model allows for some people to ram and receive little or no damage while the other player got killed.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3