Author Topic: Collision Model  (Read 22855 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Collision Model
« Reply #330 on: January 10, 2012, 09:35:40 AM »
Right ... 100% of the collisions, but 90% of the sorties flown resulted in a collision ... and you augured in on the 10th fight cause you had the stall limiter on cause your such a noob ... nice try young one.

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline WOZ30BAT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #331 on: January 10, 2012, 09:54:41 AM »
I had a funny collision the other day in a P-51 where the only damage I took was the losing of a gun. I think most peeps get confused about the difference between "real" world & the "virtual" world. We are not flying in a point A to Point B universe. We have mini-hiccups at times that distort the positions in space between 2 virtual aircraft & while 1 aircraft may see space between them the other sees them sharing the same geometric point if even for an instance. I'm sure even the best fighter jocks in here have gotten collision message while going into a canopy to canopy dogfight. It's just a game. Just re-up & give it another go.
IN Game: Sidious

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #332 on: January 10, 2012, 01:27:11 PM »
It's just a game. Just re-up & give it another go.

Words of wisdom ... this guy gets it.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #333 on: January 11, 2012, 03:30:43 AM »
Once again, you have absolute control over whether or not you intersect another object.  If you avoid it, you will NEVER intersect with another object.  It does not matter what happens on the other players computer, or what he/she is doing.

If you avoid the intersection with another object, you do not take damage.

tell you what...give me missiles and i won't have to merge and intersect with anyone to dogfight... cos i dun want to get the collision..
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #334 on: January 11, 2012, 07:54:21 AM »
Learn to fly better and you won't get collisions.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #335 on: January 11, 2012, 08:26:37 AM »
I've never had a collision that wasn't my fault and could have been avoided had I not been dumb or overly aggressive.  To all of you complaining about the collision model... neither have you.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #336 on: January 11, 2012, 08:47:41 AM »
I've never had a collision that wasn't my fault and could have been avoided had I not been dumb or overly aggressive.  To all of you complaining about the collision model... neither have you.

You can collide in WoW?  :O
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #337 on: January 11, 2012, 09:10:10 AM »
Right ... 100% of the collisions, but 90% of the sorties flown resulted in a collision ... and you augured in on the 10th fight cause you had the stall limiter on cause your such a noob ... nice try young one.

Heh, if you were not flying that big old Buick of yours out of the driveway at 120mph and then fly down the street at 10mph with the blinker on, 90% of the collisions would have been avoided  :old:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #338 on: January 11, 2012, 10:48:30 AM »
You can collide in WoW?  :O

WoW?  Phhbbbbt.... Star Wars: The Old Republic.  Get with the times, man.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #339 on: January 11, 2012, 12:20:55 PM »
I can see how a lot of folks think it is out of their control, since they have no control over a fight, because they have not spent the time to learn exactly what is going on in a fight.  The more you engage in close combat, aka, in the dueling arena with other like-minded individuals, you can easily predict how the fight is going to develop and where these toon planes are going to intersect, and thus consequently, avoid it.  If you are too lazy/indifferent to go the extra mile to become better, then you will simply be a victim of the collision scenarios that randomly develop on their own, since you are doing nothing to prevent them from happening.

my 2 cents.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #340 on: January 11, 2012, 06:13:24 PM »
This is the situation that probably puzzles and bothers most...

you may actually be trying to get out of the way or the other turn rolls into you (on their end they may or may not be in the clear for a collision)... so you take a collision that doesn't seem like it's totally your fault and the other guy flies off w/o damage...

or more clearly... lets say we have two planes flying mostly paralell to each other separated by say, 10-50 yds maybe... then the other simply does an aileron roll into you and you lose your entire wing while he flies off with a missing aileron or no damage...

was there anything you could have done? maybe. but you didn't do anything, either...

this is where many get hung up... i just say nice ram and move on.   :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #341 on: January 12, 2012, 12:34:57 AM »
I can see how a lot of folks think it is out of their control, since they have no control over a fight, because they have not spent the time to learn exactly what is going on in a fight.  The more you engage in close combat, aka, in the dueling arena with other like-minded individuals, you can easily predict how the fight is going to develop and where these toon planes are going to intersect, and thus consequently, avoid it.  If you are too lazy/indifferent to go the extra mile to become better, then you will simply be a victim of the collision scenarios that randomly develop on their own, since you are doing nothing to prevent them from happening.

my 2 cents.

i think you would end up in that kind of DA dogfight eventually no matter how good you are seeing the hordes that we have... if not your only tactic for everyone would be to bnz and nothing more.. if so... space flight will soon be part of AH... i think it takes 2 hands to clap... but if 1 hand seriously wants to clap.. it will find a way to smack something to create that clap... you are not fighting someone as skilled as yourself...everyone has his/ her own way for fighting... how could you condemn them to be lazy or not trying to better themselves when its the system that is failing not the person?

my 2 cents
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #342 on: January 12, 2012, 02:41:35 AM »
i think you would end up in that kind of DA dogfight eventually no matter how good you are seeing the hordes that we have... if not your only tactic for everyone would be to bnz and nothing more.. if so... space flight will soon be part of AH... i think it takes 2 hands to clap... but if 1 hand seriously wants to clap.. it will find a way to smack something to create that clap... you are not fighting someone as skilled as yourself...everyone has his/ her own way for fighting... how could you condemn them to be lazy or not trying to better themselves when its the system that is failing not the person?

my 2 cents

No I do not understand this at all.

A pilot is in complete control of what plane to choose, his fighting style, and his environment. 

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #343 on: January 12, 2012, 05:46:54 AM »
No I do not understand this at all.

A pilot is in complete control of what plane to choose, his fighting style, and his environment.  

you are in control i'm sure...sad thing is the other guy isn't... and your fighting style would differ from someone else's.... and to say that you are in full control of collision is totally ridiculous to me... to totally prevent it... is to not merge at all or intersect as skuzzy says which is why i asked to give us missiles...

a couple of sidewinders would do nicely against grizz in his 262.. :D
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #344 on: January 12, 2012, 06:18:11 AM »
<snip>.... and to say that you are in full control of collision is totally ridiculous to me... <snip>

You are aware you are the only one flying your plane?  Hence, you are in full control of whether or not your plane intersects with another one.  Are there situations where you cannot avoid it?  Sure, but that does not mean you are not the one in control of it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com