Author Topic: Collision Model  (Read 22769 times)

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
Re: Collision Model
« Reply #345 on: January 12, 2012, 06:42:11 AM »
You are aware you are the only one flying your plane?  Hence, you are in full control of whether or not your plane intersects with another one.  Are there situations where you cannot avoid it?  Sure, but that does not mean you are not the one in control of it.

maybe i need to head over to the training arena to learn how not to intersect with another plane to shoot him down... it seems the only way to do that may eventually be BnZing i suppose... if not most fights would have to have a merge and therefore intersect each other...  you may have control of your plane but the other doesn't.. and it seems everytime i try to avoid a head on.. i open myself up to ho shot..
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #346 on: January 12, 2012, 08:55:46 AM »
You are confusing flight path intersection with aircraft collision. The TA is probably a good idea though.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2012, 08:57:35 AM »
You show your lack of knowledge right there. Why would you fly on front of the other guys guns? You are in control of your plane, and in his gun site is the worst place to be. There are much better positions to ne in to kill the other guy.

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #348 on: January 12, 2012, 09:02:57 AM »
You show your lack of knowledge right there. Why would you fly on front of the other guys guns? You are in control of your plane, and in his gun site is the worst place to be. There are much better positions to ne in to kill the other guy.

do impart your knowledge on how to kill the other guy without intersecting the other party...
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #349 on: January 12, 2012, 09:05:11 AM »
^

You are confusing flight path intersection with aircraft collision.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #350 on: January 12, 2012, 09:55:32 AM »
This has gone plum funny  :rofl

Some will always blame someone else or the system. Trying to explain anything to them is like this.........  :bhead
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #351 on: January 12, 2012, 11:00:26 AM »
do impart your knowledge on how to kill the other guy without intersecting the other party...

Quite simple.  I do it often.  Come in from the side or above, he breaks to one side or the other and a bit low, point where he is going to be, shoot him, pull off high, my flight path never intersects his.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #352 on: January 12, 2012, 03:10:54 PM »
i think you would end up in that kind of DA dogfight eventually no matter how good you are seeing the hordes that we have... if not your only tactic for everyone would be to bnz and nothing more.. if so... space flight will soon be part of AH... i think it takes 2 hands to clap... but if 1 hand seriously wants to clap.. it will find a way to smack something to create that clap... you are not fighting someone as skilled as yourself...everyone has his/ her own way for fighting... how could you condemn them to be lazy or not trying to better themselves when its the system that is failing not the person?

my 2 cents

How can it be the system if every collision I get myself in to could have been avoided?  Usually it's over aggressiveness on my part.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #353 on: January 12, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »
I come to this discussion late and admit ignorance to the content of the entire thread, but there are a couple of things that I wish to add in my good friend Des' defence.  There is a good possibility that lag or differences in connection may play into what occurs on the front end of his computer compared to what one of us might be accustomed to.

Des, I believe, maybe one of us that is on the unfortunate end of the spectrum when it comes to lag.  Des, I forget where you are located or if this is an accurate assumption.  But from someone who has had horrible connection and lag, I can tell you that it is not all that simple because, your eyes tell you what is true to connect with your target (gun solution or actually landing) while your actual target might be moving in a position that is not true to your eyes.

What I am saying (from experience) and from film evidence of other players, I have made my evasive turn or climb in the window to avoid the other players gun solution according to all of my visual cues, but in fact on his end I continued on the additional split second or so and thus did end in his path.  One of the tell tale clues that I have experienced lag, either comes from an unexpected collision, or the all too familiar sound of rounds raking over my aircraft a good second or so after the merge.

Yes, the only way that I can receive damage from an aircraft past me and facing away with out rear guns HAS TO BE LAG.  Please discuss the above and consider that into your advice for my good buddy, and an extremely fun fellow to fly with Des.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #354 on: January 12, 2012, 04:19:58 PM »
How can it be the system if every collision I get myself in to could have been avoided?  Usually it's over aggressiveness on my part.

I know it won't make a difference but it may help someone else.  Picture this simple scenario. I am D100 on your tail and ready to fire.  However, you employ the 190s best move of stick steering and fish flopping causing a warp that causes me to collide with you.  I go down and you fly away untouched or with tail wheel damage.  Care to tell me how it was my fault and how could I have avoided you warping into me?

This could be entertaining to see how this simple scenario gets twisted around  :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #355 on: January 12, 2012, 04:23:15 PM »
I know it won't make a difference but it may help someone else.  Picture this simple scenario. I am D100 on your tail and ready to fire.  However, you employ the 190s best move of stick steering and fish flopping causing a warp that causes me to collide with you.  I go down and you fly away untouched or with tail wheel damage.  Care to tell me how it was my fault and how could I have avoided you warping into me?

This could be entertaining to see how this simple scenario gets twisted around  :lol

If you close to 100 in an online aircraft game your too close. At 300 to 400 mph it's a split second with no warp.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #356 on: January 12, 2012, 04:25:49 PM »
If you close to 100 in an online aircraft game your too close. At 300 to 400 mph it's a split second with no warp.

:rofl As I said.  It would be entertaining.  Keep going, I have my boots on  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #357 on: January 12, 2012, 04:29:22 PM »
It is irrelevant as to how you could have avoided it. 

You did not avoid it so you took damage.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #358 on: January 12, 2012, 04:35:06 PM »
I know it won't make a difference but it may help someone else.  Picture this simple scenario. I am D100 on your tail and ready to fire.  However, you employ the 190s best move of stick steering and fish flopping causing a warp that causes me to collide with you.  I go down and you fly away untouched or with tail wheel damage.  Care to tell me how it was my fault and how could I have avoided you warping into me?

This could be entertaining to see how this simple scenario gets twisted around  :lol

Of course in that scenario it was your fault.  If you are going to engage in close quarter combat of less than 50 yards you can't dismiss the chance of a collision.  The closer you engage the enemy the higher probability there will be a collision.  How is that different from real life or anything else in life?  Just like if you tailgate someone and he slams on his brakes and you crash into him.  You can whine and whine that he slammed on his brakes but the fact of the matter is, you were wayy too close for safety. 

Seriously, if you are looking for gun solutions at 50 yards or less instead of breaking off and trying again, you are just asking to crash in to the guy.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #359 on: January 12, 2012, 04:54:15 PM »

Other side of the coin:

white "XYZ has collided with you" and goes down. You fly away undamaged.....

Discuss.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay