Author Topic: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN  (Read 16718 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN
« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2012, 09:51:46 AM »
Here we go...
Oh come on Tyrannis. EA has been turd polishing successfully since Lotus Turbo Challenge. They've made tonnes of cash out of it.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #241 on: January 05, 2012, 09:52:33 AM »
EA's business model is even better...  Buy up games that are doing really well, slash their development budget, fire the developers, and see how many times you can get away with reskinning the game and calling it 'New'...  I can't wait for MWX!!!
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #242 on: January 05, 2012, 09:58:46 AM »
Oh come on Tyrannis. EA has been turd polishing successfully since Lotus Turbo Challenge. They've made tonnes of cash out of it.
I havent played ALL EA games, But i have played many. Crisis, Battlefield, Dragon age. etc. etc. The only one to dissapoint me was dragon age.

I have no problem with EA and find the products ive used by them to be satisfactory and were overall good games.

It just comes down to opinion i guess. EA is one of my favorite gaming companies. I hope they continue to thrive.

I would say if you wanted a game to truly prove the "Success will come not from how good you can polish a turd by using high end graphics" Saying, then look no further than call of duty. But they dont improve their stuff. Only tweak it Just enough so it looks "different", like they actually did something.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #243 on: January 05, 2012, 07:56:35 PM »
Bandwidth costs are not what they used to be.  Even so, there are many technologies like bittorrent that would minimize the expense further.  Large, as in multi gig downloads are the standard these days, not the exception.  There is always the option of separate high res packs like they do now.  What is lacking isn't the quality of the latest planes/vehicles although the old versions look painfully dated.

I've played the game over the last ten years but the poor game play and ugly terrain graphics take away from the experience.  The planes themselves look and fly better than most any other competing product.  

I would have never downloaded the game.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2012, 08:29:32 PM »

semp

Then you better stay away from anything Blizzard Entertainment publishes like Diablo III, StarCraft II and World of Warcraft since they use BitTorrent to distribute content and patches for their games.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2012, 09:43:07 PM »

semp
[/quote

Explain.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #246 on: January 05, 2012, 09:58:41 PM »
thread over.  :aok  :rofl

The homerun derby pitcher never gets any credit.   :(

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #247 on: January 06, 2012, 06:20:57 AM »
Nevermind
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 06:30:01 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #248 on: January 06, 2012, 07:20:37 AM »
Last time I checked, EA didn't have any serious simulator games in their product range. You simply can not compare a game which is only for the purpose of entertainment, with a game that is more than entertainment, actual simulation of a real world environment. Fantasy and entertainment games just won't compare with what HTC is doing, and there we have the apples and oranges agan. If you can't see the difference or at all understand what I'm saying, maybe AH just isn't for you? For me personally, AH is just one game that I play. AH or no AH, I play several different games of different genres but because of the nature of my aviation interest I just can't live without AH. It is that unique of a game, much more than a game if you ask me. Again, if you don't see what it's about then by all means, subscription is after all optional. Like someone else pointed out previously, paying for the product means approval. You can't buy a service, tell the provider it's nothing but crap, and keep paying for it.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #249 on: January 06, 2012, 07:24:43 AM »
Terrain and a/c graphics.  

I keep hearing this.

What the eff are you guys trying to see at 200 mph with a con in front of, and behind you that wouldn't be a complete blur at those speeds?

By a show of hands, who here really looks out the cockpit with tracers whipping past you, or while you are on someone's six and says "Dang, the rendering and quality of blades of grass and leaves on the trees are really shi**y" ?

If you are really concerned about that stuff, you are doing something wrong...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #250 on: January 06, 2012, 07:58:23 AM »

Quiet already we can't let out secrets like that!

:rofl

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #251 on: January 06, 2012, 09:21:20 AM »

I keep hearing this.

What the eff are you guys trying to see at 200 mph with a con in front of, and behind you that wouldn't be a complete blur at those speeds?

By a show of hands, who here really looks out the cockpit with tracers whipping past you, or while you are on someone's six and says "Dang, the rendering and quality of blades of grass and leaves on the trees are really shi**y" ?

That would require them to have to stop saying: "I play this game for the fights".    :aok
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #252 on: January 06, 2012, 09:28:02 AM »
Then you better stay away from anything Blizzard Entertainment publishes like Diablo III, StarCraft II and World of Warcraft since they use BitTorrent to distribute content and patches for their games.

Good none of that drivel interest me.

That would require them to have to stop saying: "I play this game for the fights".    :aok
:aok
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:30:25 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #253 on: January 06, 2012, 09:56:51 AM »

I keep hearing this.

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment, for my style of play.  As far as I'm concerned, having air to fly in and bases to move between is all I require.  The rest is irrelevent.

However, I would point out there is a sizable group of people who for some reason, choose to sit in tin cans on the ground and wait to be shot or bombed.  They're not moving around much at all, and certainly not at 200mph.  When you spend a lot of your time hiding in a group of trees or behind hills, you spend a lot of time looking at those trees and hills.  I can see how one might notice the details more at that point.  With the new focus on more GV oriented stuff, more people spend more time looking at the scenery.

*shrug*  I get the reasons Skuzzy outlined for why they keep the game small, it's just an unusual thing to do in the gaming industry these days.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #254 on: January 06, 2012, 10:05:44 AM »
I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment, for my style of play.  As far as I'm concerned, having air to fly in and bases to move between is all I require.  The rest is irrelevent.

However, I would point out there is a sizable group of people who for some reason, choose to sit in tin cans on the ground and wait to be shot or bombed.  They're not moving around much at all, and certainly not at 200mph.  When you spend a lot of your time hiding in a group of trees or behind hills, you spend a lot of time looking at those trees and hills.  I can see how one might notice the details more at that point.  With the new focus on more GV oriented stuff, more people spend more time looking at the scenery.

*shrug*  I get the reasons Skuzzy outlined for why they keep the game small, it's just an unusual thing to do in the gaming industry these days.

Wiley.

On par with making flight models that are as accurate as possible and actually listening to their customers from time to time  :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.