Author Topic: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN  (Read 15687 times)

Offline cut67

• Nickel Member
      • 483 BG
Re: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2011, 12:11:35 AM »
this looks like a good offset game to play when no one is online, Dont fret, AH wont lose its fanbase that easily
The bombers give the boom and the fighters give the zoom

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2011, 02:58:11 AM »
If you think AH vs othersimnamehere threads are bad you should go to the forums of any new MMO and see the whines comparing it to WoW.  Truly glorious. 
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2011, 03:29:02 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VTazV7Mizg&feature=related

Video trailer from world of warplanes.  Graphics look 10x better to me and that's what draws in more people than good realism.

Theres probably over 200 people on World of tanks now from AH just because theres more fun to be had there.  There are no 15 minute climbouts...discos after 20 minutes climbing in a lanc, bushes that flip tanks...indestructable leaves...

Granted AH has 500 miles of terrain to be loading while WOT has 1 mile...but as you can see WOT has a huge player base for a reason...it's instant action.

I don't think AH is on it's last leg's but...I think every map need thrown out or brought up to speed if they are salvageable.

I know nobody wants to ruin AH's integrity as it is the best flight sim...but apparently arcade makes ALOT more money.

Compared to this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GjeCnIbWWlU  NO COMPARISON  :rofl

Considering that one was an actual trailer (assume some professional work) and the other is actual event live action recording (and I do mean action), it is pretty obvious to me that realism / immersion is part visual, part audio, but mostly EMOTIONAL.

Also, the aircraft seemed to BOB rather easily and smoothly in the trailer.  That kind of UBER control I would love to experience, but is it realistic?  I only ask because only an experienced pilot, knowing the limitations of battle aircraft would have that kind of insight.  Has Aces High had it wrong all this time?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:41:04 AM by Chilli »

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2011, 05:28:05 AM »

Hello,

Now i have been playing AH for about 2 or maybe 3 years now, and I fear another game may take it out. Recently wargameing.com has released the trailer for World of Aircraft. If this game is anything like World of Tanks it will have amazing graphics and sounds...not to say it will most likely be free. Now my thing is that the graphics in AH2 reselmble atari. If the game is to be popular you need to advirtise and have realy good graphics. I love the game and I play it alot...but paying $15 a month for a game that I get dis connected from and that looks like it the graphics have not changed from 2002 is not a good fealing. I want to play a game that I can have fun on and also say, Oh yeah thats the amazing life like game I play! Not to be rude but with us paying $15 a month you should be able to invest in making the game better. I would hate to see AH2 be killed off by WoA but it might just happen. So please take this email seriously, and keep AH2 up with the best PC games!

I totally havent bothered reading this whole thread.

To address your post, I personally fly here because this is the only game I have found that allows me to do "anything that I want"  Graphics are certaintly important, but gameplay to me is WAY more so. 

If I'm the best pilot here, and I plan my attacks, and my missions, in AH I will in theory never be shot down.
This is the only game I have found that will allow that kind of gameplay.  The result is that there is no such thing as never improving.
The community including krusty :D is far superior to any other mmo game I've played.  These people actually take an interest beyond that of a game, and as a result this is a hobby.

WoA will never be a hobby, It will be a bunch of FPS kids that would rather call me "G*Y" then talk about propellor design, or laminar flow wings, or what exact angle an  AR234's rear guns were mounted at, if they were even used at all.

They cant be compared.  and AH is my game

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2011, 06:52:47 AM »

It would help get your point across and better articulate your position if you could state your concerns and suggestions clearly using proper English grammar.  Spell check if you are not sure.  Microsoft Word ranked this document at a third grade level.   
Wow harsh on him. :rofl

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2011, 07:43:59 AM »
I think the graphics are very good. up to par with call of duty if not better i say.

that is wonderfull but CoD sucks just like most other games out there.  all flare, no substance.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2011, 09:13:24 AM »
There is less backstabbing than there was in here.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2011, 11:06:15 AM »
There is less backstabbing than there was in here.   

QFT theres no range vox there..no channel 200...you just play and have fun

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2011, 04:41:55 PM »
AH has nothing to worry about as far as competition- WoWP is going for a totally different type of game. The only similarity is that they both use some planes that fought in WWII. That's about it.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2011, 05:30:28 PM »
The machine guns and cannons can fire at the same time in the Zeke.  I think that misconception was born out of the practice of Japanese pilots in using their machine guns to range the target and then fire their cannons once the target is dialed in.

ack-ack

I read the book by the japanese ace, whatever his name is.  in it he mentions that zeke could only fire either cannon or mg but not both at same time.   he said something along " as I got closer i pushed the lever to fire mg then pulled it to fire the cannon.." then he went to explain why.  or something like that I cant remember exactly.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2011, 08:23:06 PM »
AH has nothing to worry about as far as competition- WoWP is going for a totally different type of game. The only similarity is that they both use some planes that fought in WWII. That's about it.
there is way MORE things that are the same!!!
they both are GAMES thye both have planes they both use code they both have sound they both have guns they both have airfeilds they both have a sky they both have air they both are played on a PC!!! so look at this sop many things are the same!!! LOL!
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2011, 08:48:23 PM »
there is way MORE things that are the same!!!
they both are GAMES thye both have planes they both use code they both have sound they both have guns they both have airfeilds they both have a sky they both have air they both are played on a PC!!! so look at this sop many things are the same!!! LOL!

You are really good at that hair splitting th :loling man.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2011, 08:48:40 PM »
AH is in a class of its own, few people realize. There are good sides to that as well as bad. Think of all the squeakers that type of graphics would attract, and squeak they would as we shot them down over and over before they ragequit because they could not cope with the game and get to the point of actually learning something.

No... kids today want entertainment without effort, just served in a nice package with sweet graphics, cool sound effects and be rewarded ingame for just pushing the buttons. Truth is most of their parents are the same. Either you're a left brainer, a right brainer or a no-brainer. I'm afraid the majority today are no-brainers and they want the graphics and silocone ... go figure... It's fun for a while, but trust me it is hard to maintain interest if that's all there is to it and you really need to be a no-brainer yourself to stay on that level. Raise your standards, want it all in one package!  :devil

Don't get me wrong I'm not against good graphics as such, it'd raise the level of realism of the game as well as immersion. However I also think that the content, data as in flight model and simulation aspects of the game, outweigh the visual presentation aspect in importance. The graphics are good enough, and that's not to say it couldn't be improved upon.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2011, 08:54:13 PM »
I read the book by the japanese ace, whatever his name is.  in it he mentions that zeke could only fire either cannon or mg but not both at same time.   he said something along " as I got closer i pushed the lever to fire mg then pulled it to fire the cannon.." then he went to explain why.  or something like that I cant remember exactly.

semp

The Zeke had a handle selector on the throttle quadrant that allowed the pilot to fire the machine guns and cannons or just the machine guns.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2011, 08:59:25 PM »
Why can we not have (really) good graphics AND the good flight model? Would you guys honestly whine that the p51 looked too good as it shot you down over the mountains that looked also really good? Really, why is this such an issue with you guys that you can't seem to grasp that having both would be pretty awsome?  I don't get why it's such a debate? World of planes has good graphics and even the start of their video it says NOT actual gameplay. Probably means only the alpha and beta testers know what it really looks like then. They could easily end up with something worse than what is in the videos. World of warplanes? That's not even going to compete with AH. Who's going to give up inside cockpits for that game?  :airplane: :ahand
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070