Author Topic: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN  (Read 15937 times)

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2011, 12:28:53 PM »
From Blade after his first visit in Beta  :D  He had an ouchie but damn does this screen shot look realistic or what?
It also looks edited.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2011, 12:35:11 PM »

Hello,

Now i have been playing AH for about 2 or maybe 3 years now, and I fear another game may take it out. Recently wargameing.com has released the trailer for World of Aircraft. If this game is anything like World of Tanks it will have amazing graphics and sounds...not to say it will most likely be free. Now my thing is that the graphics in AH2 reselmble atari. If the game is to be popular you need to advirtise and have realy good graphics. I love the game and I play it alot...but paying $15 a month for a game that I get dis connected from and that looks like it the graphics have not changed from 2002 is not a good fealing. I want to play a game that I can have fun on and also say, Oh yeah thats the amazing life like game I play! Not to be rude but with us paying $15 a month you should be able to invest in making the game better. I would hate to see AH2 be killed off by WoA but it might just happen. So please take this email seriously, and keep AH2 up with the best PC games!

I can assure you that in 10 years I have been disconnected a few times also.  Every single time it was my equipment and one time there was a problem at HTC.  Pretty good record don;t you think?

I will agree that the graphics could be better but I don;t think any of us ever played the game for its looks.

The real question is, why are you worried?  If another game takes this one out it means that it is a better game that caters to the same interests the current player base has.  In that case, you should not worry about the change, but welcome it.  But, we both know your post was not made because you were worried.  Just a cheap way of getting people to go look up the game you mentioned.  :noid
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2011, 12:51:42 PM »
Call of duty is running off a 5 yr old outdated graphics engine. thats not a good thing to be comparing a game to graphics-wise.
looks good enough to grab the minds of 10 year olds every where.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2011, 01:51:39 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

From the OP, I thought he was referring to World of Warplanes in which in a recent preview in PC Gamer, wargaming.net stated that there won't be any internal cockpit views.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2011, 01:54:14 PM »
IIRC, atleast the early Zero variants could fire either cannon, or MGs, but not both at the same time. Anyone know if this is true?

The machine guns and cannons can fire at the same time in the Zeke.  I think that misconception was born out of the practice of Japanese pilots in using their machine guns to range the target and then fire their cannons once the target is dialed in.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2011, 02:42:02 PM »
The machine guns and cannons can fire at the same time in the Zeke.  I think that misconception was born out of the practice of Japanese pilots in using their machine guns to range the target and then fire their cannons once the target is dialed in.

ack-ack

Gotcha, that would make sense. 
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline nasty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2011, 02:46:40 PM »
No fear...... if WOA is anything like the arcade game WOT there will be no problems at AH.

yes but it will be free
The M1 Garand is the greatest battle implement ever divised.
-General George S Patton JR

Offline nasty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2011, 02:47:50 PM »
I can assure you that in 10 years I have been disconnected a few times also.  Every single time it was my equipment and one time there was a problem at HTC.  Pretty good record don;t you think?

I will agree that the graphics could be better but I don;t think any of us ever played the game for its looks.

The real question is, why are you worried?  If another game takes this one out it means that it is a better game that caters to the same interests the current player base has.  In that case, you should not worry about the change, but welcome it.  But, we both know your post was not made because you were worried.  Just a cheap way of getting people to go look up the game you mentioned.  :noid

Most of the time i get discoed i have no idea what happened

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
Most of the time i get discoed i have no idea what happened

So instead of finding the culprit, you blame AH?  Enjoy discoing in that other game too.  :)
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2011, 03:16:37 PM »
yes but it will be free

Oh I see how you think ..... how about another deal just as good in that regard. Twice a week I have 2 cans sitting out at the end of my driveway, you can have everything in them.... FREE. It's just garbage..... but it's FREE!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Sombra

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2011, 03:24:15 PM »
Gotcha, that would make sense. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6W9MBK1gJI#t=1m50s

AH doesn't implement this, so it is arcade in this respect (as in some, more important, others). Good luck competing with WoP in its own terms...

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2011, 03:28:36 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6W9MBK1gJI#t=1m50s

AH doesn't implement this, so it is arcade in this respect (as in some, more important, others). Good luck competing with WoP in its own terms...

:headscratch:

Didn't catch the video. Had a hard time making out what the guy was saying.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline nasty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2011, 10:13:17 PM »
this is from "World of Planes"  not "world of aircraft" <--- by the way can you provide us to a link to this world of aircraft game?  and also a link to wargameing.com ???

I only know of World of Warplanes  by wargaming.net and  World of Planes  by Gaijin @ http://worldofplanesgame.com/en/  -  http://forum.gaijinent.com/index.php?/forum/24-world-of-planes/

I have not heard of the one you originally posted about

thanks,

TC

yea

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2011, 10:51:10 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VTazV7Mizg&feature=related

Video trailer from world of warplanes.  Graphics look 10x better to me and that's what draws in more people than good realism.

Theres probably over 200 people on World of tanks now from AH just because theres more fun to be had there.  There are no 15 minute climbouts...discos after 20 minutes climbing in a lanc, bushes that flip tanks...indestructable leaves...

Granted AH has 500 miles of terrain to be loading while WOT has 1 mile...but as you can see WOT has a huge player base for a reason...it's instant action.

I don't think AH is on it's last leg's but...I think every map need thrown out or brought up to speed if they are salvageable.

I know nobody wants to ruin AH's integrity as it is the best flight sim...but apparently arcade makes ALOT more money.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2011, 11:14:27 PM »
Does WoT, IL2 or soon to come WoA:

1. Used historically accurate performance on ACs, GVs and weapons?

2. Prevent or control of hacks/cheats codes in the game?

3. Have anything similar to FSO or scenario event where there are +300 people flying.

4. Have a large group of people that share information on historical and performance of AC/GVs and breaking down to specific model, let's say 190s or spits?

5. The creators accepting historically accurate skins of AC/GVs?

6. Accept accurate landscape maps that can be used in scenario events, AvA?
Oaktree

56th Fighter group