Author Topic: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN  (Read 15958 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 01:17:31 AM »
No internal cockpits, air starts only and no landings with an arcade flight/physics model. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 01:20:12 AM »
Watched the video, LOL'd at the PBY's making high speed (ie looked wayyyyy past a PBY's VNE) torpedo runs on CV's and dropping torps from like 1000ft.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 01:27:05 AM »
If you dig around on the WoP sight for their videos you will find some ingame player alpha testing videos. There is one from the bridge of a ship. Graphics looks the same as AH while the waves are taller but the funky bow wake looks the same. I suspect the trailers are on par with japanamation animated features rather than actual players taking films of a scenario to sucker you in by promising you what you want to see.

Marketing in this case is about lieing to you with what you want to see and letting you convince others you have seen the real deal to entice them to follow you back to take a peek. Don't you think that company has worked dilligently to find out what is a general gripe for a generic group of players about Aces High? All they really had to do was register on our forum to run searches and get a few accounts and play AH for awhile. Then throw out some animated HiRes trailers that look too good to be true and there will be AH players taking a look.

Why don't you be honest and tell HiTech you are threatening him with this if he dosen't give you what you want ASAP? There is no other reason to put up a post about how wonderful the competition is while trashing Hitech's game in his own house. Did you come to AH to fight in airplanes or smell the roses and look at the sunset with nuns in the tour bus?

Last I checked the thing is not out of alpha yet. Nasty are you one of about a dozen Aces High players who have been in their alpha all this time? I noticed one very famous AH player is in their alpha.

they ( World of Planes  by Gaijin )are hoping to go closed beta sometime in January 2012.....  as with any new mmo regardless of what type of gameplay it is, their are all sorts of bugs, glitches, CTD's, freezes, etc..... that has to be worked out........ then their are all those itty bitty problems dealing with different PC setups that different players have, then this then that, etc.....

if one has a Nifty Super Duper  Fire Breathing kickarse PC that cost you probably around $1,800+ ( just for the PC only ) if you built it yourself and got all your parts at cheaper prices, then you might be able to run it close to maximum detail..... but it will be one of those 50/50 chances

but as I have always said, these different flight sim games all offer a different aspect of combat sim flying......... some will like while others will not, same can and has been said about every mmo flight sim that has come along in the last 20+ years....

World of Planes will be more likeable over World of Warplanes,  world of warplanes ( made by wargaming.net people , same people who have World of Tanks ) is more arcadish and not a true realistic flight model

I have to be / keep a non biased approach, and only view / remark using only facts......... and no one can really compare any of them to one another yet because both of the world of games are still in alpha testing ...... so noone really knows what they are going to get in the final product

I do agree , here lately on the Aces High forum, their has been to many popping in and trashing or talking crap about AH  because these young greenhorns think they have just found the holy mecca of all flights sims just because they saw a benchmark or a cgi trailer ...... I just laugh when I see the newer players with their forum accounts 2 yrs or less, talking it up like they have all the knowledge of what is what and why this that and the other are going to be like they claim.....  hope I posted that in a generic enough approach

but don't just go by what someone posts, go take a crack/try at any new flight sim that comes along, then judge for yourself....... do you want to take pictures from within the game because they might be pretty or do you want to have some kick arse fun with dog fights  and missions etc....  is your choice, but most every sim has always had some sort of what I just questioned..... it just is in a different format.......

edit: I too, like bustr, have noticed a few hand full of Aces high players over there either in the Alpha itself or are waiting to be in the Alpha/just now getting accepted to the Alpha, or are awaiting for the Beta to start....

ROFL, some of these threads crack me up, they always said laughter is good medicine..... these threads are helping me tremendously  :D

TC
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 01:41:09 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 01:42:53 AM »
Watched the video, LOL'd at the PBY's making high speed (ie looked wayyyyy past a PBY's VNE) torpedo runs on CV's and dropping torps from like 1000ft.

Did you see the guns all flash at different times on the F4F and the Japanese plane towards the end?

I didn't think they could control each individual gun like that.

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 01:46:08 AM »
Why feed this troll?

How many hits did they get from this guy?
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 01:53:28 AM »
I am just upping my post count.  3k more and i get 1 free month of aces high  :banana:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 01:55:02 AM »
I think the graphics are very good. up to par with call of duty if not better i say.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Twsted72

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2011, 02:07:40 AM »
I dont think AH has anything to worry about here.  Although, admittedly I would like to see some definite improvement in visual quality.  The enhanced graphix option does help, but, with out a good pc, its hard to run.

But, the overall quality of AH is and will be far superior to World of Airplanes.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2011, 02:11:00 AM »
I am just upping my post count.  3k more and i get 1 free month of aces high  :banana:.

semp

SHUT UP, now they know why we're here!!!!! :noid:

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2011, 02:38:19 AM »
I dont think AH has anything to worry about here.  Although, admittedly I would like to see some definite improvement in visual quality.  The enhanced graphix option does help, but, with out a good pc, its hard to run.

But, the overall quality of AH is and will be far superior to World of Airplanes.
you see i dont get what you guys are saying have mine you take a look at the new beta? it looks amazing! its not "bubbely" like many games are i think world of planes or what ever the hell it is graphics suck.

ACES HIGH 2 graphics FTW!!!
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline PAKFRONT

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2011, 03:16:51 AM »
I think different players look for different things.. At AH you get the real pilots, and WW2 historian types.. Other Venues get the Gamer types who have different priorities for their enjoyment.. I could make some derogatory statements about infants in cribs being happily occupied with their little motorized mobiles right, but I won't.. Ooop's I guess I just did..

Sorry
PAK
Youtube game channel, Megaflammenpost
Password of the day = DEMARKATION!

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 03:40:09 AM »
I think the graphics are very good. up to par with call of duty if not better i say.
Call of duty is running off a 5 yr old outdated graphics engine. thats not a good thing to be comparing a game to graphics-wise.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 04:36:28 AM »
- - - a game that I get dis connected from and that looks like it the graphics have not changed from 2002 is not a good fealing. I want to play a game that I can have fun on and also say, Oh yeah thats the amazing life like game I play! - - -
Memories are golden, but this thread shows the improvement in ten years. Although I would like to see some improvement in the current set of terrain tiles and their placement, but that's an issue to be asked for in the Wishlist.

Another thing that comes into my mind is the constant asking about how AH would run on a laptop with intel graphics. Yep, all maxxed out at 1 fps.  :rofl

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 05:02:04 AM »
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:03:56 AM by mipoikel »
I am a spy!

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 05:25:48 AM »
While I love AH, it is getting stale, same old maps day after day, same old hordes day after day,

The same can be said for the sports of baseball or football.  It is all perspective.

For me getting better and learning the planes more potently is it.  Pursuit of perfection.  It took me Y-E-A-R-S to fly a BF-109 to parity for example (for every time I am shot down I shoot down one: 1-1).

I am happy that AH update the game but are not consumed with glamor marketing and a transitory user base.  Think about it, do you think any johnnny-come-lately game staff have put in the manpower hours into  building a WWII flight sim that AH have?

If one weighs uber graphics over all the other factors then go get a Playstation to itch that itch.  We'll be here when you get back.  :)

Rock on AH!  :aok
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 06:21:40 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --