Author Topic: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN  (Read 16769 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN
« Reply #180 on: January 03, 2012, 06:01:41 PM »
are you serious with this post, Dolby?   did you not see or read  Skuzzy's reply # 145  or my 2 replys, the 2nd reply by me is #146  quoting my 1st reply

regarding how little people know , but assume that  Aces High is using a 10 or 11 year old graphics engine or modeling engine.....

Dolby, Sir......... have you downloaded and tried the Beta, yet ?     for some reason I think you are just trying to stir the pot ....... lol

TC    

Yes I have got the beta. I'm sure it's working as intended also.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline MoJoRiZn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2012, 06:14:25 PM »
tooo funnnny

all of you are so hung up on dx9. go look at most all other online games. their are more games still using dx9 than their are games trying to utilize the newer dx versions

world of planes itself had to run an alpha dx9 benchmark, just to see how many computers they could get their new "arcade console game converted to pc" to work on. they used that benchmark to "report home" sending back data for them to study. I apologize! some of you might be new here and do not know that aces high is on it's 3rd graphics engine. most of you
are not aware of how far aces high has come since it opened its doors or since it was in closed beta-open beta

also realize that that new upcoming flightgame you are about to go test is also dx9 driven. know that they have around 100 people working building-coding that game. then realize why there are so many bugs and glitches and game freezes and on and on and on.  which is harder?  6 people working close together in a tight nit cohesive group that are intune with one another, or 100 people working as a team yet going off in different directions to where your left hand does not know where the right hand is. so then you have to backtrack and fix the coding problems or game glitches and the closed beta that supposed to start in september is now pushed back until the first Q of 2012

some of you really do not know about 1/2 of what you think you know!   me i only know about 1/3rd of what i think I know

MoJo
"Well, I woke up this morning, and got myself a beer
the future's uncertain, and the end is always near     Let it roll"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2012, 06:48:24 PM »
     With it being 2012 now DX9 is another year outdated, (just saying, DX9 release 2002.)

If HiTech decided to support DX10/11 and dump support for DX9, they would be cutting off a lot of their player base that still uses Windows XP and those that do not have a DX10/11 compliant video card.  That number is a significant amount of the player base and I don't think HiTech is willing to cut them off, especially since DirectX 9 is still capable of supporting excellent graphics.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2012, 07:37:55 PM »
If HiTech decided to support DX10/11 and dump support for DX9, they would be cutting off a lot of their player base that still uses Windows XP and those that do not have a DX10/11 compliant video card.  That number is a significant amount of the player base and I don't think HiTech is willing to cut them off, especially since DirectX 9 is still capable of supporting excellent graphics.

ack-ack
OK I'm a little harsh on DX9 it is capable of very nice visuals. The DX9 code is still one of most attractive DX's I've seen, but DX10/11 have quite a few improvements. You can really see the particle effects and lighting improvements, providing an almost unparalleled visual immersion in the games I've played. Metro 2033 for instance is note worthy for making the experience incredably immersive visually. Not to mention making me down right jumpy after gaming at times. Frame rate does suffer, sadly, but I built my PC a year ago on a relatively low budget.
F1 2011 is note worthy as it has support for DX9 and DX10. I run F1 2011 on DX10 because it looks almost like I'm watching the F1 on the TV, it really has made a difference, and had barely cost me any fps.

But still, does HTC not have the confidence that it's XP player base would upgrade with them, does that potentially make AcesHigh a sinking ship?
Could HTC do what F1 2011 has, and have both, that way they could satisfy both sets of customers, the ones on newer machines and the XPers?
I understand that File size for AcesHigh is a problem, new maps into the MA's for instance, but I download games from Steam that can often be 8-10GBs, (a few hours to download, then I'm all set). One of them being Wings of Prey, and it is, sadly, head and shoulders above AcesHigh visually. I believe AcesHigh's quality physics deserves WoP graphics. And I don't mind being one of those to give HTC a little push every now and again.

EA for one are proof that graphics are important, most of the games they make are pants, but they sell on the visuals. The casual (fickle) passerby would overlook AcesHigh and pick up IL2 Wings of Prey. I don't want this, I want to shoot them down in our MA. Let me make it clear, We are all in support of AcesHigh, we don't want that other crap out there to beat us, visually or physically. (lol at unintended, yet crap, word play)
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2012, 07:38:46 PM »
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2012, 07:43:16 PM »
Kind of hard not to ask for some better graphics to things when you play and see this

Then pop in here and see some other games are running things like this even though both are cartoon, there's no denying the lack of even basic candy there.

We do not need to WIN anything. We have a good flight model, a good player base and community. Some stuff in here needs a face lift more than Joan Rivers though really. That's all i'm saying hahahaha. Yes that is a current picture maxed out graphics except for shadows on the tempest.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2012, 07:46:26 PM »
Why not make AH look this good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=txZ9eTrPpgc

It's DX9.

Frankly, I don't think it looks that good at all... Very arcade like...
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2012, 07:49:09 PM »
Kind of hard not to ask for some better graphics to things when you play and see this
(Image removed from quote.)
Then pop in here and see some other games are running things like this even though both are cartoon, there's no denying the lack of even basic candy there.
(Image removed from quote.)

We do not need to WIN anything. We have a good flight model, a good player base and community. Some stuff in here needs a face lift more than Joan Rivers though really. That's all i'm saying hahahaha. Yes that is a current picture maxed out graphics except for shadows on the tempest.

The Tempest is a very old graphic model... One of the worst case examples...

Great graphics are nice to have. I prefer the flight physics be dead on first... In that regard, Aces High is still on top.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2012, 07:49:40 PM »
Why not make AH look this good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=txZ9eTrPpgc

It's DX9.

4:09 of exterior cinematic fluff. Is it a Dueling Arena F3-mode arcade game?  No thanks, give me my in-cockpit hi-def flight model Aces High.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2012, 07:56:18 PM »
I wonder why, when shown a video showing off exterior models and effects, some people extrapolate that to mean there are no detailed interior cockpits. Screenshots and video of the cockpit views have already been posted in this thread.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2012, 07:57:18 PM »
Frankly, I don't think it looks that good at all... Very arcade like...
I don't really like it either, it looks almost anime, which I can't stand.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2012, 09:29:28 PM »
I don't really like it either, it looks almost anime, which I can't stand.

Reminds me of the art style of European Air War.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2012, 09:31:49 PM »
Graphics dont make the game.

That being said, its 2012, No excuse to not atleast have above-average graphics in your game.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2012, 10:12:51 PM »
And I don't mind being one of those to give HTC a little push every now and again.

Some of you guys are awfully self-righteous.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2012, 10:45:28 PM »
IMO, explosions, fires and hit sprites should be the next focus for HTC as they are the most common thing we see when playing.

Fires looks like a candle.
Explosions are just 2D clouds of smoke and 4-5 yellow flashes.
Hit sprites has been the same since AH1. 

Again, add the option of switching between graphics settings. I'm no code expert so I do not know whether or not this is feasible, but its still a big wish for me.
The current game is great, but still have lots of room for improvement.

Here's to hoping 2012 will bring better/new changes. :cheers:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp