Author Topic: Question about deer meat.  (Read 1135 times)

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
Re: Question about deer meat.
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2011, 01:24:14 PM »
OK, I'm having elk steak tonight!!

Here is the elk from this year. He was a small guy but the best to eat. You get about 250 pounds of meat off the little ones like this.

here is a picture of just one hind quarter cut up and ready to be vacuum sealed for the freezer.

Nice bucksyou have there  1sum41 !!

68valu
Flying since tour 84

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2011, 02:08:22 PM »
Bravo Sir... bravo.

I placed that one right up on the tee for ya and you backed away. Excellent restraint by the community thus far.

:salute

I'll bite. Take extra care when skinning beavers, picking hairs out of your teeth after eating a badly skinned beaver is the worst.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2011, 02:56:08 PM »
Yup nice bucks 1sum

BUT....

How much do you want for that shirt???
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2011, 02:57:54 PM »
"Yuck, I wouldn't eat anything that's been in some animal's mouth!" How about some eggs, then...  :x

that tells you how dorky we humans are.

I make some really good salsa, spicy hot and tasty, they way it should be.  once she asked me to make her some for a potluck at work, she wanted some really hot and some mild.  I made a big batch of really nice firehot tasty salsa, it was awesome, best i ever made.  she loved it then ask me to let her try the mild one.  I had forgotten to make the mild sauce as I dont really do mild salsa  :rofl :rofl.  anyway since there was no time to make more, i just put the same batch in two containers and labeled one hot the other mild.

it was funny as hell when she came back and brought back nearly all the "hot" salsa as people said it was waaay too hot, but they ate all of the "mild" salsa.  they said was hot but not too hot and very tasty.  ah the power of suggestion  :rofl :rofl :rofl.  

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 1sum41

• Silver Member
      • devil dog squadron
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2011, 04:16:35 PM »
Yup nice bucks 1sum

BUT....

How much do you want for that shirt???
Haha not for sale! That's my party shirt.
OK, I'm having elk steak tonight!!

Here is the elk from this year. He was a small guy but the best to eat. You get about 250 pounds of meat off the little ones like this.
(Image removed from quote.)

here is a picture of just one hind quarter cut up and ready to be vacuum sealed for the freezer.
(Image removed from quote.)

Nice bucksyou have there  1sum41 !!

68valu

Thank you sir!

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2011, 04:24:18 PM »
that tells you how dorky we humans are.

I make some really good salsa, spicy hot and tasty, they way it should be.  once she asked me to make her some for a potluck at work, she wanted some really hot and some mild.  I made a big batch of really nice firehot tasty salsa, it was awesome, best i ever made.  she loved it then ask me to let her try the mild one.  I had forgotten to make the mild sauce as I dont really do mild salsa  :rofl :rofl.  anyway since there was no time to make more, i just put the same batch in two containers and labeled one hot the other mild.

it was funny as hell when she came back and brought back nearly all the "hot" salsa as people said it was waaay too hot, but they ate all of the "mild" salsa.  they said was hot but not too hot and very tasty.  ah the power of suggestion  :rofl :rofl :rofl.  

semp

That's hilarious

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2011, 04:44:01 PM »
furburger.
Hold the catsup
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2011, 04:49:14 PM »
I have some venison steaks in my freezer compliments of a customer.
As someone else mentioned. when properly prepped there is no gamey taste or smell that I can notice.

In fact last year I cooked up some and went to my daughter and told her "I tried making steak a little differently I want to know what you think."
She tasted it gave me a thumbs up sighn then said. "Its good but it just tastes like steak to me"
So I gave her another piece. Halfway through chewing she noticed how I was looking at her and said "what"
I told her it was venison at which point she spat it out and proceeded to try and beat the crap out of me. LMAO

Funny thing is she loves Buffalo meat but she wont eat deer..Because its a deer
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2011, 04:53:54 PM »
Deer is amazing. I have never prepared it, but the countless times I've eaten it in many different forms (thrown right on grill with no seasonings, wrapped in bacon, marinated in different sauces, etc.) it has yet to fail me on taste. and the smell is amazing.

I havent read the whole thread, but I wouldn't be surprised if because it is typically a game animal and is shot/hunted for sport (but not abused as there are laws to avoid poaching and the sorts) that the government does not want to /feel a need to have it farmed.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb