Author Topic: WWI Duelling  (Read 470 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
WWI Duelling
« on: January 05, 2012, 12:43:29 PM »
I respectfully request that the WWI aircraft be enabled at all of the duelling fields of the DA.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: WWI Duelling
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 12:46:11 PM »
 :aok
AoM
City of ice

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 12:52:41 PM »
I would go for that! Periodically I look at the WW1 arena but havn't had a fight there for many months. A few weeks back I upped, saw a red dot and was off to get some stick time in. By the time I got over their the other pilot had logged. By allowing these birds in the DA we will see many more fights, which will lead to the WW1 arena being used more. Yes, we will see a mix of birds but let that sort itself out. If some Zero sticks want to mess it up with the Spad, who cares.

+1

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline FBCrabby

• Nickel Member
      • AHFreebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 02:21:31 PM »
Wouldn't that pretty much destroy whats left of the WWI arena?

afterall the WWI arena IS a dueling arena...
AH-Freebirds.com - FB$ - Proud Squadron Of Aces High II

Actively Recruiting! - Join FB$ Today!

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 03:11:47 PM »
Wouldn't that pretty much destroy whats left of the WWI arena?

Actually I was thinking that the converse would be true. Encouraging people to duel in the old stringbags might increase familiarity with the aircraft and encourage an influx to the WWI arena.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline FBCrabby

• Nickel Member
      • AHFreebirds.com
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »
yes in a 1 v 1 scenario... otherwise the lake will be populated with dash-4's spixteens and tempys

would I fly a Dr1 for laughs YES - but still
AH-Freebirds.com - FB$ - Proud Squadron Of Aces High II

Actively Recruiting! - Join FB$ Today!

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 11:24:27 PM »
I swear WWI used to be enabled in the DA, and I took a D7 out more than once in there... and it was quite fun.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 02:57:21 AM »
yes in a 1 v 1 scenario... otherwise the lake will be populated with dash-4's spixteens and tempys

would I fly a Dr1 for laughs YES - but still

I explicitly stated the side fields as this is a separate entity from the furball lake. Would like to encourage duelling and not make a nuisance at the lake. We already know planes can be selectively enabled per airfield because sometimes players bring bombers over from the Bomb Run area, even though they aren't enabled at A1, 2 & 3.

I swear WWI used to be enabled in the DA, and I took a D7 out more than once in there... and it was quite fun.

Yes they were, and I assume they were disabled to encourage people to go to the WWI arena. I suggest this hasn't worked.

Most of the other fighter planes are available in the DA. Regular duellers might choose to use the stringbags for duels & any increase in familiarity and fondness would likely encourage players to go to WWI.

What prompted this wish was I asked myself why I don't go to WWI. Apart from the obvious it being mostly empty on my timezone, I am unfamiliar with the aircraft and flying alone doesn't teach you much of anything.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 04:36:16 AM »

Yeah I'm pretty sure it did thought I was going nuts  :huh good idea shida  :rock only thing is there 2 bases were the fields are close together? You don't need that much a distance and in a WW1 plane it might suck to have to fly 5 minute for each fight.  :salute