Author Topic: Engine Out Landings  (Read 5891 times)

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: Engine Out Landings
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2012, 03:13:39 PM »
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »
sure about that?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2012, 03:36:02 PM »
The F4U
That will slow it down faster so it is easier to cut inside your opponent's turn, but it definitely doesn't make the F4U's sustained turns better.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2012, 04:19:23 PM »
Well, you can drop the gear at 300mph. :lol
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2012, 04:20:52 PM »
So what you are saying is that the plane acm's are not accurate, neither is the weight, drag, dimensions, etc. is all exaggerated? And the skins in the game are all made up from imagination and movie films? Then I guess theres no difference between .50 cals and the 20 mm cannons then either. Come on, Semp

Chipr

No, what I'm saying is that thinking that landing wheels down makes the game more realistic you are bsing yourself.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2012, 04:36:22 PM »
For those of you who haven't figure it out yet, its a simulator used to make a game.

Hitech

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2012, 05:04:49 PM »
For those of you who haven't figure it out yet, its a simulator used to make a game.

Hitech

:headscratch:

Are you running for Congress or something?
See Rule #4

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2012, 05:25:48 PM »

Hitech
:aok

:headscratch:

Are you running for Congress or something?
:lol

HiTech

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »
No, what I'm saying is that thinking that landing wheels down makes the game more realistic you are bsing yourself.

semp, you've lost your mind!

Let me change your quote slightly.

No, what I'm saying is that thinking that landing makes the game more realistic you are bsing yourself.

You still agree ?

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2012, 11:15:57 PM »
semp, you've lost your mind!

Let me change your quote slightly.

You still agree ?

actually you can also say that by moving the thottle to full and the airplane moves down the runway if you think that is realistic you are bsing yourself.  it's a game that simulates flying and fighting.  it's not reality.  it simulates it but will never be almost or close to it.  fun as hell to play but nowhere close to reality.  my quote was meant to make you think of what the game is.

In other words it's like having a real life gf and an inflatable one.  the inflatable one is mean to simulate a real girlfriend, lots of fun,  but will never be a real girlfriend.   :salute.

semp

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2012, 11:53:53 PM »
Seems to me that the title of the thread was misleading to begin with.

It meant to say.  "I'm really ticked off I didn't get my perk points!"

This of course being the realistic response of a WW2 fighter pilot  :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2012, 11:55:40 PM »
actually you can also say that by moving the thottle to full and the airplane moves down the runway if you think that is realistic you are bsing yourself.  it's a game that simulates flying and fighting.  it's not reality.  it simulates it but will never be almost or close to it.  fun as hell to play but nowhere close to reality.  my quote was meant to make you think of what the game is.

In other words it's like having a real life gf and an inflatable one.  the inflatable one is mean to simulate a real girlfriend, lots of fun,  but will never be a real girlfriend.   :salute.

semp

I'll take that metaphor to this level: we're all using inflatable girlfriends in this game. you want yours to have no "openings" because it's all fake anyway.  :neener:  :D

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2012, 01:37:37 AM »

I'll take that metaphor to this level: we're all using inflatable girlfriends in this game. you want yours to have no "openings" because it's all fake anyway.  :neener:  :D

nope what I am saying is it doesnt matter if you do the landing on the belly button or on your hand as what really is important is the fun you had the 30 seconds prior.  remember the fun part is not where you  finish but how you got there in this fake fake reality that only exists in your head.  if you really have more questions perhaps you should look up some visual aids and realize that it's all in your head and  it doesnt make it any more real if you land in your hand (wheels up) or on the floor with your wheels pointing down.

semp

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2012, 02:18:27 AM »
idk....I suck in a fighter, so if I upped a 262, blew some people up, lost both engines and had a PW, only to roll off and be 1 foot away from the concrete...blowing all my perkies....yeaaahhh... I'd be done with fighters and just stick to bombing...even worse...I'd probably just turn into a bomb**** in lancs. Might as well right?

HiTech

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2012, 08:03:22 AM »
nope what I am saying is it doesnt matter if you do the landing on the belly button or on your hand as what really is important is the fun you had the 30 seconds prior.  remember the fun part is not where you  finish but how you got there in this fake fake reality that only exists in your head.  if you really have more questions perhaps you should look up some visual aids and realize that it's all in your head and  it doesnt make it any more real if you land in your hand (wheels up) or on the floor with your wheels pointing down.

semp

Then you would be ok if HTC decided to make all fighter flight models diverge from thier known real life performance?

You want to diverge from reality in your flight yet you demand reality from the flight modeling?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:42:19 AM by icepac »