Author Topic: AH one-in-a-million  (Read 3530 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: AH one-in-a-million
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2012, 09:56:25 AM »
One of Pigs-on-the-wing mission off a CV. 15-20 of us in the mission. When we all OTR, an enemy bomber hit us two seconds later and killed most of us. Perfect timing for that bomber.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2012, 10:49:30 AM »
Years back I dropped a single bomb on a cv and got 10 kills instantly. Seems a bunch just decided to up at once.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2012, 05:52:24 PM »
saw someone nail a formation of Lancs with 8 inchers one time
FlyKommando.com

"Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2012, 05:54:35 PM »
i took a 5"er from a manned cv at around 3k out on the deck in my 262.   I just stared and stared at the screen for a very long time
lol, I know that stare.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2012, 06:03:12 PM »
#1 (kill by 8-inch cruiser guns) happened to one of our bomber pilots in the scenario "Phillipine Phandango", I believe.  There was a guy manning them who was quite a shot.  Here's a pick of him firing toward us (from the cruiser in upper left), but I don't think I have a pick of the kill he got.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2012, 06:28:08 PM »
Yeah, that was ridiculous. I remember him getting something like 4 kills with that damn 8"er  :bhead.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2012, 07:29:39 PM »
I main gunned 5 planes last night in one life.

I do give credit to the poor shots in those Il2's, B25's, and 110's  :ahand

Eventually one of them got my T34 but was lots of fun.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2012, 11:25:13 PM »
I'll tell you a one-in-a-million, daddkev flying with his clothes on. Just ask him, he will make sure you know.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2012, 06:57:43 PM »
This is probably the most entertaining thread I've read for a while...

I once had my tail shot off, then my plane went straight up and the two baddies that were shooting at me flew straight into me.  2 proxy kills before I fluttered to the ground. :)
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2012, 07:18:10 PM »
#1 (kill by 8-inch cruiser guns) happened to one of our bomber pilots in the scenario "Phillipine Phandango", I believe.  There was a guy manning them who was quite a shot.  Here's a pick of him firing toward us (from the cruiser in upper left), but I don't think I have a pick of the kill he got.

(Image removed from quote.)

:aok

I have video of a #1, three kills in two shots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMRcqXZYYbM .  I was on the leaderboard in that scenario frame... thing was all my kills were from the ground  :lol
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2012, 07:32:16 PM »
Years back I dropped a single bomb on a cv and got 10 kills instantly. Seems a bunch just decided to up at once.

When the B-25H came out, me and few decided to de-ack the CV to vulch it, at the time one or two kept upping and the fighters made short work of them. It was a small task Force, I can't remember if it was a single CV or not (most probable) - anyhow we got it de-acked and someone decided to land on the CV with a B25, back up and wait for someone to up, instead he crashed into someone taking off and died.

I dove down on the deck confident whoever upped was going to re-up, instead out of no where a mission ups with a half dozen F4us and F6Fs.

I fired a single 75mm on the middle of the deck and took out roughly 4-5, strafing down a few more - some one in a zero got off the deck and sprayed me down.

/Now for bad news, entire mission upped while only 2-3 were left playing with the CV, we ended up LOSING the base... I forget whose gasket blew in the tower, I want to say it was DrDeath - he was in fighter mode trying to "vulch" planes taking off and was shot down and blamed everyone for dying.

Ah good times :)
JG 52

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2012, 08:04:23 AM »
Flying a C47 underneath a low set of enemy B17's by a hillside, his guns frantically blazing at me- not paying attention to where he was going. Hence, three spectacular explosions, and landing my kills at a newly captured field.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2012, 11:19:09 PM »
Not sure if this would qualify as one-in-a-million or just dumb luck. Either way I felt pretty good about. <S> CobraJet that was a blast.

http://www.mediafire.com/?clexjlh0ux8x1uy

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2012, 11:59:40 AM »

If you've been in AH for a while, you see and do some crazy stuff. Best thing I remember seeing is a strat raid getting screwed over. A total of 3 bombers got some objects destroyed (and only a few of them) before the strats moved.

:lol this reminded me of that Knight (I think?) raid on the Bish strats in B29's (B17s maybe?) right after the B29 was released. Right as they dropped their ords the strats moved. No damage done.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2012, 12:50:54 AM »
* 1. 8-Inch/5-Inch HE guns shooting down planes.
   2. Three+ planes collision.
* 3. Nailing a plane/kill during your death spiral (lost tail/wing)
   4. Killing someone during a blackout from pilot wound. (Spray and pray)
* 5. Killing planes with GV's main guns (happens a lot, but still a lot of luck/skill involved)
   6. Killing planes/GVs with the M4/75 Calliope or the Sdkz 251 rockets.
   7. Killing a plane with a chute.
   8. Killing a tank with a 50kg bomb (has to be a *direct* hit)
* 9. Getting killed by friendly auto ack/puffy ack. (Not as rare but still doesn't happen a lot)
*10. One hit/burst kills from .303s

~AoM~