Author Topic: U.S. Military responds to urination on enemy corpses  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: U.S. Military responds to urination on enemy corpses
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2012, 05:33:09 PM »
Keep up the fine work over there, ladies and gentlemen.  :salute

(I don't see us dragging their naked bodies through the streets on public displays, hanging them from the main span on the largest bridge in town, or leaving a mutilated/disembowled/decapitated corpse in some canal or ditch to be found later - daily.  I only see one miniscule issue here, I'm hearing a lot of noise, and returning to sender the indifference.)

Oh really? Should we mention Abu Ghraib? Or perhaps this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_El-Masri ? US hands are far from clean.

A lot of people in this thread view things view stars-and-stripes tinted glasses. I doi not like the taliban, al qaeda or saddams regime one iota. And I fully support the invasions into both Iraq and Afghanistan. But I find it distasteful in their view of some poor afghan kid recruited into the taliban as some sort of animal.

There's also a scary stereotype the rest of the world perceives being exhibited here in the lack of knowledge about who is fighting whom and for what reasons (not to mention a complete cluster-**** of the facts).

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2012, 05:35:20 PM »
Keep up the fine work over there, ladies and gentlemen.  :salute

(I don't see us dragging their naked bodies through the streets on public displays, hanging them from the main span on the largest bridge in town, or leaving a mutilated/disembowled/decapitated corpse in some canal or ditch to be found later - daily.  I only see one miniscule issue here, I'm hearing a lot of noise, and returning to sender the indifference.)

Oh really? Should we mention Abu Ghraib? Or perhaps this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_El-Masri ? US hands are far from clean.

A lot of people in this thread view things view stars-and-stripes tinted glasses. I doi not like the taliban, al qaeda or saddams regime one iota. And I fully support the invasions into both Iraq and Afghanistan. But I find it distasteful in their view of some poor afghan kid recruited into the taliban as some sort of animal.

There's also a scary stereotype the rest of the world perceives being exhibited here in the lack of knowledge about who is fighting whom and for what reasons (not to mention a complete cluster-**** of the facts).

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2012, 05:35:34 PM »
Jack Hensley was beheaded by the Taliban? That's impressive! It's a long way to walk from Afghanistan to Iraq.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2012, 05:36:59 PM »
Holy toejam man take that down.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2012, 05:37:24 PM »
homer, you might seriously consider removing that.

If you want to survive to fight another day, that is.
See Rule #4

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2012, 05:37:34 PM »
Double post.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:45:21 PM by PR3D4TOR »

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2012, 05:39:38 PM »
Holy triple post Batman!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:45:44 PM by PR3D4TOR »

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2012, 07:02:11 PM »
Please don't steer this conversation toward patriotism- I'm not in the mood to get banned.  All questions of loyalty, morality, and politics aside, though, the US brought a military force into the middle eastern region for whatever reason it deemed sufficient.  I will not comment further on that topic.

@bab what they do is wrong, but it doesn't justify any wrongdoing of our own.

-Penguin

Penguin, a big part of justice is equal judgement upon all, don't judge thyself less you be judged, etc..  However, justice is said to be blind for this reason, because it doesn't always see everything clearly when taking weight of arguements (the scale) and casting judgement (the sword).  People are always screaming at the one who is blind, pleading for clarity by them to be seen.

You can't justify.

In laughable comparison, I'll put $5 on someone in your own state (and likely every other one) in the past week who probabley urinated and/or defecated on a live, living, concsious, homeless or mentaly challenged American citizen - but isn't facing a fraction of the challenges and troubles ahead facing these Marines, who did probabley an otherwise outstanding job.  You have much to learn and better things to waste with your time than persuing justice on these "heathens", Penguin.  (tounge-n-cheek) Don't worry, have faith in your country and justice system - they'll be tried and judged, serve their punishment, and their records will forever show that unlike the majority over there, they were bad soldiers who acted unprofessionaly and discourtious.

<snip>

Same responce - you're seeking the metaphorical figure for justice in this world that doesn't wear a blindfold.  The scale is off-balance, it always will be.  But do, please, keep screaming at the blind lady to drop the sword decisevley and swiftly.

For starters in prooving my point (and how much hot air you're pumping through your own bellows), just with the examples you gave above, most of those who were wronged in those instance are alive and free now to seek justice for themselves from those who wronged them, and they can.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2012, 07:08:33 PM »
Jack Hensley was beheaded by the Taliban? That's impressive! It's a long way to walk from Afghanistan to Iraq.

You do know, people who are idiots and who have absolutley no clue what they're doing, will borrow/steal/impersonate the name of idiots that have a vague clue about what they're doing, just to improove their street credential?

No, you know what, you're right, lets just ignore the demographics and lessons learned out of Sotuh Central for the last half century after less than a decade of playing in a giant sandbox, clearly this is another government conspiracy, because obviously thugs don't get killed acting like and calling themselves bigger and badder thugs.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 07:11:10 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline AHTbolt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2012, 07:15:30 PM »

Stop with the abu grhab reference, that was nothing more than humiliating a bunch of fediean malitia. It wasn't torture, worse stuff goes on at collage frat houses. But in this political correct world the good are bad and the bad are saints. And to go to war, to fight, to take someones life that is trying to take yours you don't do it with compassion and hating yourself. You do it with malice with intent to totally destroy that person and you do it over and over again not because you like to but, and it really boils down to it him or me.  

And I for one don't give a rats fricking bellybutton what the rest of the world "thinks about the US" because it means nothing, when they need help who do they come to. There good friend the US.
AWWWWW CRAP YOU SHOT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the desert somewhere west of Kuwait 1991.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2012, 07:16:53 PM »
IN.  :bolt:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2012, 07:33:02 PM »
This thread is so full of wIN. Never before in the history of this BBS has so much ignorance been displayed by so many to so few (forgive me Winston!). This is almost as good as Youtube comments!

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2012, 07:34:54 PM »
Politically correct war seems like an oxymoron.

"Vietnam was the first war ever fought without any censorship. Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind." - William Westmoreland
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2012, 08:03:08 PM »

You mean the US soldiers cut off heads? Limbs?  Beat them to within an inch of their lives?  Nah, what happened there is not even worth mentioning.  If the Iraqis did those things, then it isnt on our plate.  FWIW, I'm not condoning such behavior, but I know what is serious and what isn't. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2012, 08:29:20 PM »
The Afghans attacked NY on 9/11? The bastards! A a date which will live in infamy, like when the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor!
Were fighting the Afghani Army?  :headscratch:

Oh wait... Were not.

Terrorists attacked, they're hiding in Iraq and Afghanistan.

@Penguin,

You keep coming back, with dumber posts. Please step in front of our soldiers. Take the next round, I'll be surprised by your level of courage, for a traitor.
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.