Author Topic: Why horde?  (Read 11435 times)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Why horde?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 09:14:36 PM »
i call bs on this item  :devil.  look at your individual score you will see low percentage of kills while doing lots of damage in attack mode while the number of deaths are not as high as they should be if you were only furballing/defending. 

semp

Another pig throwing out a subtle insult at the devils brigade  :huh. Both of your squads are very similar in skill and gameplay, both have a few very good players, both have terrible players, both have timid players, both have aggressive players etc etc etc. Why a couple pigs try to distance themselves from a squad that they are very similar to is confusing at best. Over the last 3 months or so I have been gangraped by pigs faaaar more than the brigade. I think it is funny that so many folks refer to the brigade as "vtards" and insult them continuously for the same gameplay they practice :rofl :rofl

BTW, I've seen many many insults and disrespect thrown at the brigade, I've yet to see the same level of insults and disrespect coming from the brigade, weird. Ofcourse vdallas is in a class of his own  :lol

They horde, you horde, many horde. Hording is fine and is the way the game is evolving. Now lets find a way to get you horders to defend your prize for a while before you move on to the next horde mission!

:salute

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 09:15:56 PM »

Are there other players offline you can fly with? An enemy to triumph over? A channel 200 where you can brag? And so on...

no.

:cry :cry :cry :bolt:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 03:33:58 AM »

Another pig throwing out a subtle insult at the devils brigade  :huh. Both of your squads are very similar in skill and gameplay, both have a few very good players, both have terrible players, both have timid players, both have aggressive players etc etc etc. Why a couple pigs try to distance themselves from a squad that they are very similar to is confusing at best. Over the last 3 months or so I have been gangraped by pigs faaaar more than the brigade. I think it is funny that so many folks refer to the brigade as "vtards" and insult them continuously for the same gameplay they practice :rofl :rofl

BTW, I've seen many many insults and disrespect thrown at the brigade, I've yet to see the same level of insults and disrespect coming from the brigade, weird. Ofcourse vdallas is in a class of his own  :lol

They horde, you horde, many horde. Hording is fine and is the way the game is evolving. Now lets find a way to get you horders to defend your prize for a while before you move on to the next horde mission!

JUGgler

semp
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:35:44 AM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 03:41:12 AM »
I might also add the overwhelming majority of players is ending up "hording" at one point or another during a week or even during a day of AH. Pure "hordelings" are not the majority, and those alleged anti horders aren't as well.
Players are also verrrry quick with the horde tag, often it's just happening as a result of the ever fluid dynamics on a battlefield and not a result of a mission. Players do like to fly together, they do love to "win", and sometimes one particular targets is just in focus.

And since the switch time went back to 12 hours, I found myself being part of a horde quite frequently, because switching to the underdog is mostly no option anymore.

This explains it perfectly in my opinion.

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 08:23:09 AM »
One of the reasons I fly in hordes is to win the war and steam-roll bases.  :devil
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 09:13:59 AM »
no one is trained for being a fighter pilot within our squad. we have many members that are good at different things. we have some that are gvers that get in a plane a good bit but its not their thing. We also have a few that love to fly in bombers, that will also fly in a fighter but its not one of the things they enjoy. Everyone in the squad only does things that they enjoy to do, none are forced to fly fighters or any specific aircraft. however when we do missions, we prefer that everyone is in the same aircraft or gv, except for a few that are asked to do something else that will aid the mission in another way. The main thing that we do train is the ability to dive bomb. we have only a few that can drop a bomb and hit what they were aiming for. Others, drop and hope they hit what they were  bellybutton igned, for those that want help, we will help, but those that don't, we wont if they don't want it. All of our members fly together because they enjoy the atmosphere of the relationship between squad mates and they enjoy the way our squad works. If they don't like how we work, their welcome to leave, its their $15 a month. We have a few squads that we fly with and we have had some members go to those squads and we have had some of the other squad members come to us. We are all about having fun together, we careless about what skills we do or don't have, we careless about the ranking system and how it works, we careless about our k/s or k/d ratios. I welcome anyone to fly with us to see how we really operate and how our squad really does things, verses what everyone thinks our squad does.

Your first sentence answered my question and was as I thought.

All the rest of the post was for yourself I guess as it does not pertain to the question asked.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:15:54 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 09:41:18 AM »
My answer to this question is simple: People who horde give those who actually have skills, to dive in, get kills and have some fun before getting shot down themselves.  :aok
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 09:43:12 AM »
My answer to this question is simple: People who horde give those who actually have skills, to dive in, get kills and have some fun before getting shot down themselves.  :aok

100% correct  :D

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 10:00:50 AM »

The horde creates fights.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 10:15:22 AM »
My answer to this question is simple: People who horde give those who actually have skills, to dive in, get kills and have some fun before getting shot down themselves.  :aok

It doesn't take skill to fight a horde. You fly through firering your guns pinging a few on each pass. Then you run like crazy waiting for them to auger in while trying to dive bomb. No skill required, just a bit of luck.

The horde creates fights.
No it doesn't. It creates a shooting gallery until the FHs are dropped. Then it disappears before.you can get to it from next next field.

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 10:18:57 AM »
It doesn't take skill to fight a horde. You fly through firering your guns pinging a few on each pass. Then you run like crazy waiting for them to auger in while trying to dive bomb. No skill required, just a bit of luck.
No it doesn't. It creates a shooting gallery until the FHs are dropped. Then it disappears before.you can get to it from next next field.

if you expect a great balanced setup, join a scenario, the main is the main is what it is. we can't change it

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 10:19:33 AM »
dont really know your situation tank-ace.  but you post lots of threads about why  people do this, why people do that and yet you dont really play the game.  so my question is why post questions about things that dont really affect you.  not trying to be rude or anything.  but it seems that you have forgotten what is like to have a 20v20 or 30v30 furball.  when you that many people you are actually flying in 1/2 a sector at the very least which is a very large space, unless of course you see a noe mission in which case it will within icon range.  but that ends within 1 or 2 minutes tops.

anyway whenever there's a large furball it may seem large but you have this constant players dying/coming back and you push or retreat and it may go for an hour or two and it's a lot of fun, some people dont like it, well they dont have to participate.

I dont care what people say about "I dont fly in hordes" but some are  just full of it as they will stay in the outskirts and kill whatever passes by.  there still part of it, perhaps not in the middle but they arent totally innocent bystanders either.  there's only a handful of players that I know who would rather fight with 2 or 3 players on each side, nothing wrong with that.

there's a big difference between a horde that just rolls bases and a horde v horde furball.  but who the hell are we to criticize either. I am beginning to realize that people pay their 15 bucks to play the game their way, they have fun their way.  while you and I may not agree with how some people play or dont play the game, we are nobody to tell anybody else in the game how they should have fun.  If we dont like the way they play, we can always go somewhere else that is more to your/mine liking.

semp

+1

Oh wait a minute, I don't count.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 10:21:42 AM »
if you expect a great balanced setup, join a scenario, the main is the main is what it is. we can't change it

Why not? It changed from what it was to what it is. Why can't it change.back?

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 10:23:55 AM »
I think it's constantly changing a little bit at a time.  Notice how efficteve NOE raids used to be compared to how ineffective they are now?
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 10:25:36 AM »
Why not? It changed from what it was to what it is. Why can't it change.back?

give it a try, you got my vote