Author Topic: Why the Icon Range Change for GV's?  (Read 10487 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why the Icon Range Change for GV's?
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2012, 12:42:50 PM »
I want to voice my dislike/complaint but I really have nothing of relevance to add to this discussion.

I play this game, as the name "Aces High" implies in aircraft, any aircraft.  I don't want to play in GV's.  I don't want to interact with GV's and I don't want them to interact with me.  If I'm in a fight in the near future on the deck over an enemy base, now I get to get shot down by a guy who isn't in a plane and is going be very difficult to see.

I never fly to an enemy base to vulch, but I do chase the runners back to them from time to time.

I really don't like GV's and don't understand why GV'ers are really needed and find it incredible that some GV'ers do virtually nothing but GV.  Seriously, did yall look up Aces High and think, "Cool, I can drive a tank in an aircraft game" ?

I understand that HTC gets some income from these players, thats cool give them their own arena then, but I'm betting it will just be empty.  If you're GV'n and havin a fine old battle with other GV's thats great, but when you start shooting at aircraft, I think your just a griefer, kinda like how you GV'ers feel about guys that bomb you from aircraft when your in a GV fight.

What I believe the takeaway from this change will be is, avoid the spawn point.  I've noticed the tendency in low alt furballs the last little while for people to set up a zone of Wirble doom at the spawn.  They get bombed, they respawn, they shoot down whatever aircraft go by them ad nauseum.  Apparently this is fun(?) but relatively simple to avoid.

As an aside, what're you doing on the deck anyways? ;)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2012, 12:58:40 PM »
I want to voice my dislike/complaint but I really have nothing of relevance to add to this discussion.

I play this game, as the name "Aces High" implies in aircraft, any aircraft.  I don't want to play in GV's.  I don't want to interact with GV's and I don't want them to interact with me.  If I'm in a fight in the near future on the deck over an enemy base, now I get to get shot down by a guy who isn't in a plane and is going be very difficult to see.

I never fly to an enemy base to vulch, but I do chase the runners back to them from time to time.

I really don't like GV's and don't understand why GV'ers are really needed and find it incredible that some GV'ers do virtually nothing but GV.  Seriously, did yall look up Aces High and think, "Cool, I can drive a tank in an aircraft game" ?

I understand that HTC gets some income from these players, thats cool give them their own arena then, but I'm betting it will just be empty.  If you're GV'n and havin a fine old battle with other GV's thats great, but when you start shooting at aircraft, I think your just a griefer, kinda like how you GV'ers feel about guys that bomb you from aircraft when your in a GV fight.
the prize for the most selfish post ever made?

if you don't want to interact with gv's  you want a flight simulation game and not a combat simulation MMO. there are tons of those games out there. Aces high offers a big and wide open platfrom that will give players the ability to make the game what they want the game to be, you make your own game in here. but as an MMO you WILL interact with other players, if you want them all to be on planes then go play a flight simulation game. here you will interact with several people that play their game their way in the smae platform. so the least you can do is respect that some people don't play like you.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:01:34 PM by Raphael »
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2012, 01:52:38 PM »
Seems more like the tankers don't want interaction with airplanes while they steamroll over cartoon buildings in the town and camp runways.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2012, 02:07:39 PM »
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 02:21:14 PM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2012, 03:47:21 PM »
the prize for the most selfish post ever made?

if you don't want to interact with gv's  you want a flight simulation game and not a combat simulation MMO. there are tons of those games out there. Aces high offers a big and wide open platfrom that will give players the ability to make the game what they want the game to be, you make your own game in here. but as an MMO you WILL interact with other players, if you want them all to be on planes then go play a flight simulation game. here you will interact with several people that play their game their way in the smae platform. so the least you can do is respect that some people don't play like you.
anyone else see the irony in this post.  :bhead
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2012, 03:49:44 PM »
anyone else see the irony in this post.  :bhead

I deleted my response  :) after reading it again.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2012, 04:42:28 PM »
Zoney,

I respect your “don’t want GVs” point of view, but I don’t think you really have much to fear from GVs interfering in your air game, because:

1)   They can’t shoot at you unless you are on the deck.
2)   Most won’t shoot at you (they dislike you as much as you dislike them), and those that will are typically be found at spawn points and towns.  The latter two are easy to avoid.  I actually find that puffy ack (from towns and CVs) is much more disruptive of my air game than GVs, by an order of magnitude.

BTW, I GV more than I fly these days because my PC is 10 years old, and has an AGP graphics connector, meaning than updating the video card is not practical.  I still do fly sometimes, though, and am basically a flight sim person, from back in the Amiga / Air Warrior days.  Anyway, once I get re-employed, I plan to buy or build a new PC, and will be more competitive with the faster frame rates associated with non-GV play.

MH
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 04:47:45 PM by TDeacon »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2012, 04:48:52 PM »
Shorter icons mean you have to get closer to drop your bombs..... less misses. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Nypsy

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2012, 04:58:36 PM »
Shorter icons mean you have to get closer to drop your bombs..... less misses. :D

:aok

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2012, 05:38:10 PM »
TDeacon, sir, thank you for your response.  I know I came across too harsh, I meant no disrespect, I was really talking about my inability to understand.

I now understand why you have been a GV'r lately because of your explanation.

I also like everyone who plays here no matter what you do.  I may not like playing against GV'ers, but I certainly would not hold it against anyone who did find their fun there.

:salute you sir

:salute all players
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: January 23, 2012, 06:07:56 PM »
Tank-Ace,

In what way does my suggestion make GVs more vulnerable?  I'd think that it would make GVs even safer from aircraft.

What suggestion? Unless I missed a post of yours, all you've done is raise concerns about wirbles being overly effective.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: January 23, 2012, 06:13:43 PM »
Zoney, if you don't like playing against GV's, then don't play against them. Baring one in a trillion, lucky as hell, sorta-half-aimed from 5k out shots, GV's aren't able to reach up and swat at you unless you're dumb enough to come within 1.5k of them (and thats about max effective range. Odds of a hit on a manuvering target at that range is near zero) in something that is threatening (we usually ignore things like A6M's, 109's, and usually-light fighters).

If you don't actively seek them out, you won't deal with them except when in a combined assult on an airfield and through sheer random chance.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: January 23, 2012, 06:18:38 PM »
TDeacon, sir, thank you for your response.  I know I came across too harsh, I meant no disrespect, I was really talking about my inability to understand.

I now understand why you have been a GV'r lately because of your explanation.

I also like everyone who plays here no matter what you do.  I may not like playing against GV'ers, but I certainly would not hold it against anyone who did find their fun there.

:salute you sir

:salute all players
well I'm sorry about my post then. I guess I missunderstood your previous post.
Remember 08/08/2012
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: January 23, 2012, 06:29:24 PM »
well I'm sorry about my post then. I guess I missunderstood your previous post.

We're good sir <S>.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: January 23, 2012, 06:36:41 PM »
 Well I don't see also a problem with the enemy going to the flakker friend because in concept it looks quite right (I'm not saying the pilot asked one flakker to save him in RL).
 Look at it this way: if you fly over enemy territory, you take the risk of getting shot by enemy flakk, it IS less safe to fly over enemy territory, specially low.

You know you are safer in the friendly territory

So players will need to work on discipline not to follow up the runners to deep into their territory. and THEN fight on 200 calling all the names that come up to your head  :P

Remember 08/08/2012
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5