Author Topic: PERK TAX  (Read 4623 times)

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
PERK TAX
« on: January 24, 2012, 09:56:22 AM »
??? MAYBE ??? a PERK TAX should be charged to anyone SWITCHING SIDES in a MAIN ARENA ??? Any such TAX would be figured on a % basis ... Want to switch sides? OK, it will cost you 30% of your perk points ... This would DEFINATELY put a crimp in the perk farming, Spying, and ENY manipulation that Occurs on a regular basis ... Flame Suit Mode initiated.
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: PERK TAX
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »
+1  :aok

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 10:06:50 AM »
A sledgehammer solution that punishes every legit player because of a handful of dicks.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
A sledgehammer solution that punishes every legit player because of a handful of dicks.
Some People just don't like TAXS ... you ever notice that?

Personally, I consider the environmental stability it will provide and the GAMEY tricks it will prevent to be worth the inconvienience it imposes on players who do not consider loyalty to be important. It applies to everyone equally, and that's as fair as it gets. If you have GOOD REASON to switch sides? I guess they are worth PAYING FOR ? aren't they?
;)

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 10:17:02 AM »
but surely there must be a way to see if certain players only change sides for perks , perks are rewards how can it be fair to increase your perks , by taking adavantage of a weak side without any thought for the players who may have worked hard to gain that player a chance to vulch a weak enemy , perk tax is good idea wish had thought of it . :salute

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 10:20:03 AM »
but surely there must be a way to see if certain players only change sides for perks , perks are rewards how can it be fair to increase your perks , by taking adavantage of a weak side without any thought for the players who may have worked hard to gain that player a chance to vulch a weak enemy , perk tax is good idea wish had thought of it . :salute

Taxes are NEVER a good idea.

Especially not in a game that most play to forget the realities of life for a bit (including taxes).

If I wanna farm perks, I will fly a 190 A-8.  None of these restrictions suggested will prevent me from ever farming perks in that fashion.

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 10:23:29 AM »
but would it prevent you from deserting your country when it needs you most  :salute

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 10:24:15 AM »
There isn't currently a way to effectively perk farm from the high numbered side.  Being on the country with the highest population will actually reduce the perks you get per kill, switching near the end of a war "win" won't get you perk points either.

If you want to perk farm fly on the side that's outnumbered, combined with a high ENY plane (something in the 25-30) range and you can rack up 15-30 perk points per sortie.  

Just to give you an idea of what this wish implies, if I wanted to switch sides you think I should pay over 22,000 perks points? Seems a little steep to me.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 10:25:38 AM »
but would it prevent you from deserting your country when it needs you most  :salute

Not at all.

I always switch to the side with lower numbers (if I switch).  I would rather fight a horde of red guys that a horde of green ones.

What compels me to stay on a particular country, now?

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 10:29:48 AM »
I don't understand why people are so adamant about punishing side switches. You guys just need to put your tinfoil hats back on, and be more concerned with having fun  ;)
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 10:31:06 AM »
I don't understand why people are so adamant about punishing side switches. You guys just need to put your tinfoil hats back on, and be more concerned with having fun  ;)

Smartest statement in this thread...

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 10:36:27 AM »
is summer early this year? :noid
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 10:41:03 AM »
There isn't currently a way to effectively perk farm from the high numbered side.  Being on the country with the highest population will actually reduce the perks you get per kill, switching near the end of a war "win" won't get you perk points either.
It WON'T ...? Funny, I just watched Several players SWITCH and go AFK when it became apparent the map would be rolled within a 1/2 hr or so ... THEY seem to think they've been getting PERKS for it.

If you want to perk farm fly on the side that's outnumbered, combined with a high ENY plane (something in the 25-30) range and you can rack up 15-30 perk points per sortie.
You can rack up PERKS in this situation  - If you serve the country you play for and accept the RISK of flying against overwhelming odds ... Not what I call PERK FARMING. IF you want to change sides so you can pork some undefended base or target a carrier that's on a course you programed BEFORE switching ... Hopefully it costs you more than you can earn.

Just to give you an idea of what this wish implies, if I wanted to switch sides you think I should pay over 22,000 perks points? Seems a little steep to me.
Yeah! Eat the RICH !!! 66,000 perk points is absurd, you obviously NEED help spending them!
:rolleyes:

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 10:42:02 AM »
Taxes are NEVER a good idea.

Especially not in a game that most play to forget the realities of life for a bit (including taxes).

If I wanna farm perks, I will fly a 190 A-8.  None of these restrictions suggested will prevent me from ever farming perks in that fashion.

^^^^^^^
what he said.  
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 10:51:32 AM »
ok ive a fairer way to impliment this A player can only spend his perks on the country he gained them from , so your perk total  will be divided into three .  :salute