Author Topic: PERK TAX  (Read 4619 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: PERK TAX
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 10:51:56 AM »
No.  This is an absolutely absurd idea.  The 12 hour time limit is bad enough.

Like many others, when I do play I tend to pick the side with the lowest numbers at the time I log on.  This would block me from doing so.

I don't get the drive some people have to bind one's loyalty to a chess piece.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 10:52:12 AM »
I don't understand why people are so adamant about punishing side switches. You guys just need to put your tinfoil hats back on, and be more concerned with having fun  ;)
Yeah ... !!! Who are these people that think Honesty, Fairness, Loyalty, Equality, etc are IMPORTANT anyway? WHERE do THEY get OFF ??? That's stuffs NO FUN anyway is it ... ? (excuse me for defending your (?) right to abuse the game and those who play it ... NOW THAT's FUN !!!).
:neener:
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 10:56:32 AM »
Yeah ... !!! Who are these people that think Honesty, Fairness, Loyalty, Equality, etc are IMPORTANT anyway? WHERE do THEY get OFF ??? That's stuffs NO FUN anyway is it ... ? (excuse me for defending your (?) right to abuse the game and those who play it ... NOW THAT's FUN !!!).

Loyalty to what?   

A pixelated, fake, imaginary "country" represented by a chess piece icon?

Your pharmacy called, your Rx of reality is ready for pick-up.

Equality?  That is what the ENY is for.  To encourage equality in the form of limiting the available planes for the side with the highest numbers and to compel players to switch to the side with lowest numbers...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 11:02:49 AM »
Loyalty to what?   
If you don't know ... I doubt it can be explained to you ... BUT, it doesn't cost any perk points to try.

So ... How about ... The PEOPLE I play with ???

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 11:04:57 AM »
If you don't know ... I doubt it can be explained to you ... BUT, it doesn't cost any perk points to try.

So ... How about ... The PEOPLE I play with ???
The people you play with are on all three sides of the game.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »
It WON'T ...? Funny, I just watched Several players SWITCH and go AFK when it became apparent the map would be rolled within a 1/2 hr or so ... THEY seem to think they've been getting PERKS for it.

That's right. Some people think they're going to get win-the-war perks by switching sides.  :devil

Some people switch sides to even things up or to increase their available targets. Let's be sure to punish them severely.

Some people log off and other people log on the other side and it just looks like side switching is occurring. This tends to be time zone related. I'm sure you verified every player that actually switched sides and didn't just watch the numbers change but other people get confused when this happens.

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 11:24:05 AM »
i think that may only happen if you change arenas , if you log off l8 war you log on l8 war same side next day which ever time you log on , its happened to me once or twice but i change back to my country imediatley. it is a tricky problem though maybe the answer is , as soon as you change country a system heading comes up, on the country channel, saying which player has changed country, to which country , and says perks earned this session in this country  :salute

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 11:26:01 AM »
Some people switch sides to even things up or to increase their available targets. Let's be sure to punish them severely.
Yes ... Some people do, with the best of intentions, acknowledged. BUT ... that's also the EXCUSE used currently by ONE SIDE in the MWA (that frequently has an OVERWHELMING NUMBERS advantage) to send side swithchers to one of the other sides and TAKE IT OVER so they can then -GANG-BANG- the 3rd side on two fronts AND manipulate ENY while doing so. When this happens the regular players on that side either LOG OFF or are forced to LEAVE in order to disassociate themselves from such behavior. (just so much fun, isn't it?)

Some people log off and other people log on the other side and it just looks like side switching is occurring. This tends to be time zone related. I'm sure you verified every player that actually switched sides and didn't just watch the numbers change but other people get confused when this happens.

I play mostly in midwar, where 30 players on, total, is a LOT. Sideswitchers and their shades are pretty well known. NOOBS are watched fairly closely.
:)

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 11:32:43 AM »
The people you play with are on all three sides of the game.
Congratulations Sherlock ... What insight ... but no ...
The people I play WITH are ON MY SIDE ...
The Players on the other two sides are people I play AGAINST.
DUH ... Want'a donut ???
:lol

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 12:03:26 PM »
It WON'T ...? Funny, I just watched Several players SWITCH and go AFK when it became apparent the map would be rolled within a 1/2 hr or so ... THEY seem to think they've been getting PERKS for it.
You need to be on the "winning side" for at least twelve hours to get the "win teh warz" perks.

Yes ... Some people do, with the best of intentions, acknowledged. BUT ... that's also the EXCUSE used currently by ONE SIDE in the MWA (that frequently has an OVERWHELMING NUMBERS advantage) to send side swithchers to one of the other sides and TAKE IT OVER so they can then -GANG-BANG- the 3rd side on two fronts AND manipulate ENY while doing so.
See my previous comment about punishing the majority because of a few dicks.

This is a game. Nothing more, nothing less. Quit taking it so seriously.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 12:05:21 PM »
I have never been bored enough to sit and watch the list of players to try to detect these evil side switchers who then sit in the tower.  It seems to me that the guys who claim to have seen it are either lying or paranoid.

Congratulations Sherlock ... What insight ... but no ...
The people I play WITH are ON MY SIDE ...
The Players on the other two sides are people I play AGAINST.
DUH ... Want'a donut ???
:lol
You are in error.  We are all playing with each other in the game.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 12:11:30 PM »

If you switch to the winning side 30 minutes before the map is won, you will not get perks for the win.  Just because they think they get the perks for switching 30 minutes before doesn't mean they actually get the perks.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 12:13:10 PM »
ok ive a fairer way to impliment this A player can only spend his perks on the country he gained them from , so your perk total  will be divided into three .  :salute

There is a very simple solution, unfortunately EVZ isn't bright enough to see.  Perks gained in an arena are only good for that arena.  That is the only solution to cut down on farming perks in the MW to use on the LW arena.

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 12:18:45 PM »

How is B4Buster "defending his right to abuse the game"?  How is switching sides ruining the game?  Why should I be forced to fly on a side that there isn't any fights occuring with?  Why should I be penalized for switching sides to find a fight?  After all this game is centered around air combat, so how is it ruining your game play if I seek some air combat?

by the way...what you accuse other squadrons of, your squadron has a reputation of doing.  Why else would you and your squadron mates share each others accounts so your CO can log in multiple accounts?

ack-ack

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 12:20:46 PM »
I play mostly in midwar, where 30 players on, total, is a LOT. Sideswitchers and their shades are pretty well known. NOOBS are watched fairly closely.
:)

You want to restrict 600 people in LW because of a dozen people in MW?