Author Topic: Ho? No Ho? You be the judge...  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Re: Ho? No Ho? You be the judge...
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 01:01:41 PM »
If I know you're going to avoid the HO shot every time, that gives me a huge tactical advantage.  At least be willing to employ it occasionally to keep the other guy honest.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 01:06:45 PM »
If I know you're going to avoid the HO shot every time, that gives me a huge tactical advantage.  At least be willing to employ it occasionally to keep the other guy honest.

That works only in the DA if you are fighting the same guy over and over.  How do you know who the other guy is in the MA during a base capture attempt or defense?  The other reason it does not work is that the other guy welcomes it even if it means death, as long as he gets a chance to take you down with him.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 01:21:21 PM »
Well since you took the time to post it to youtube I watched it.............. No Ho.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 01:21:49 PM »
That works only in the DA if you are fighting the same guy over and over.  How do you know who the other guy is in the MA during a base capture attempt or defense?  The other reason it does not work is that the other guy welcomes it even if it means death, as long as he gets a chance to take you down with him.

Easy... if you engage the guy and he goes out of his way to avoid the HO after a couple of passes, then you know you probably have a tactical ace card you can play at some point.  Assuming, of course, that he's not thinking exactly the same way.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 01:22:45 PM »
he never had guns....it was a BnZ pass......

two replies that made me laugh

Ho is a combat maneuver. Like the split-S or Hammerhead.

So, if you die in a HO, just deal with it, you made a mistake, or, you don't mind dying IN A GAME THAT IS MAINLY ABOUT SURVIVING.

:salute 

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 01:25:49 PM »

The same people often reup from the same base.  It's easiest to see if you see something a bit unusual at a base and shoot it down, like a 110, and then see another 110 upping almost immediately, it's a fair guess that it's the same guy.  The other guys can be a bit harder to detect if they fly something common, but they're generally still working the same area.

Most of the time I look at it purely as it relates to my survival.  If I'm 1v1, I'll almost never HO.  2v1 I probably will not HO unless I'm getting really desperate.  On a good day, my SA allows me to give 2 guys a run unless they're working well together.

Probably the greatest chance you have to be HOed by me is if I am 2v1 and doing alright, and you are coming in looking for a HO from the direction I am heading away from the other two.  At that point, I find it is worth the risk of being faceshot to keep it at 2v1 instead of making it a 3v1.

If the odds are 3v1 or greater, I am taking whatever I can get, sorry.

I am also not going to deny, if you are the fourth or fifth guy in the last half hour or so that I have seen heading straight in on me to try to face shoot me, sometimes I will do it just out of spite.  I know it gives me great pleasure to show the guy face shooting everything he can see in the 110 that those big guns actually need to hit their target to do damage.  I'm sorry, it is one of my failings as a human.  I believe I can live with it. :)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 01:57:48 PM »
No HO

Chalenge, would you tell me what sound pack you are using please, that sounds very good.

Thanks!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 02:01:04 PM »
Heh!  Forgot the point of the thread.  As to the video, not a HO.  As several have stated, he was pulling toward you to try to get guns on, but he never had it.  One of the most common whine generator shots in the game.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 02:07:24 PM »
No where near being a ho
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 02:09:32 PM »
No HO

Chalenge, would you tell me what sound pack you are using please, that sounds very good.

Thanks!

My own. I bought a $500 digital recorder and $10k shotgun mic and a few lesser mics and visited airshows and tankfest and anywhere else I could get sounds. Its not complete yet. Its part of my education in digital design.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2012, 02:12:31 PM »
Its a guns game, the idea is to shoot your opponent out of his machine.  If you avoid taking a shot because it is a head on shot then you deserved to be shot head on. 
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 02:15:42 PM »
The Spit already appeared to be engaged with two other bogeys. While your salvo wasn't a ho, you introduced a 3v1 disadvantage for the Spit. I'd say it was a pick of opprotunity as the Spit allowed the situation you took advantage of.

The Spit is attempting to bring fire to bear on bombers under my charge. Also... coming from someone that has been outnumbered with rooks and knits by a factor of 30:1 and greater ALL trying to get their hits in... I dont care.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2012, 02:16:58 PM »
no ho
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
Makes sense because a 262 has only 4 30mms in the front.   :rofl

Actually, the reason they do it is because the perk cost of the 262 is high so they will HO it because the chances are the 262 driver will try to avoid (to save the perks) while they will do everything they can to either HO or collide since their planes are free.  Strategies that you would never even think about in real life in this game become the main tactics.

Incorrect in my case. I can count more than 100 times I have hoed a 262 and even though he fired he didnt hit anything. 262 drivers are using the plane for the fear factor and not because its a good ride. Oh there are exceptions but killing a 262 will make anyones day. So... its your duty as a fighter pilot to HO jets. Simple.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2012, 02:33:33 PM »
No HO.  If either of you had stopped maneuvering, you would not have collided spinner to spinner or leadeing edge to leading edge. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum