Author Topic: Why horde?  (Read 10511 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why horde?
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2012, 11:46:44 PM »
I guess what really gets my goat is that here numbers can often trump skill in AH. I can be the best pilot in the game, and still get killed by some group of players that I would beat in a 1v1 inside of 15 seconds

And to me, that's what makes the game great.  This is one of the few remaining games that routinely creates unwinnable situations for you.  You have to take your kills either by skill or by setting up beforehand with alt/speed/numbers/whatever else you have at your disposal.  That's what I like about it.  If there's a large group of bandits, they're going to do their damnedest to kill you, unlike most other games where they put limits on them so they have to come at you one at a time like a Chuck Norris movie.

I get why it frustrates people though.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Why horde?
« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2012, 09:35:49 AM »
And to me, that's what makes the game great.  This is one of the few remaining games that routinely creates unwinnable situations for you.  You have to take your kills either by skill or by setting up beforehand with alt/speed/numbers/whatever else you have at your disposal.  That's what I like about it.  If there's a large group of bandits, they're going to do their damnedest to kill you, unlike most other games where they put limits on them so they have to come at you one at a time like a Chuck Norris movie.

I get why it frustrates people though.

Wiley.

That's hitting the nail on the head.  You can do everything right, have great skill, and still get beat down, shot up, leaking everything, low and slow, running like a girl and screaming like a banshee, and then die a glorious virtual death.  Situational awareness really helps but even that won't save you every time.

We all certainly like to "get the kill" but its the possibility of dying that jacks my heartrate up and keeps me coming back for more.

Ya'll should have a priveledge to fly with a guy like Wiley sometime.  I have.  He speaks the truth when he talks of how he looks for against the odds but possibly survivable fights..............lemme give ya a quote from him to give you a simple example...................."Zoney, I'm heading toward the red dar bar in ****, it looks festive".
Wag more, bark less.