Author Topic: Large bish noe mission shows on radar  (Read 2149 times)

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
Large bish noe mission shows on radar
« on: January 25, 2012, 09:59:20 PM »
A large Bish noe mission ( 5+ sets of b24s 10+ 110s and 3 c47s ) came into the radar ring at a24 tonight and as soon as they hit the radar their red dots showed.

So is this a bug or is this something new in the recent update? 
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline ScottyK

• Nickel Member
Re: Large bish noe mission shows on radar
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:01:55 PM »
Over 65ft in a dar ring they will show, i could be wrong tho.
Childhood is over the moment you know your gonna die.  Fight not to Fail, or end up like the others.   In my crate, im the commander.

IGN: Scotty57

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 10:09:23 PM »
they were low like right on the water
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 05:01:18 AM »
I bet they blamed the spies :D
now posting as SirNuke

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 05:16:44 AM »
good!
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 11:17:52 AM »

If they are at 70ft in the dar ring, they show, darbar or not. Alot of people can't seem to understand this. To solve such a problem, take out the dar, as darbars don't show until 500ft (I think 500). Planes such as a goon require constant adjustment because it will naturally go over the 65ft simply because of it's inclination to gain altitude at such a low height.

Once again:
Radar Up: <65ft    -----radar dots
Radar Down: <500ft    ---Darbar
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 11:32:21 AM »
Yeah DMGOD's right, they were pretty low to the water.  I came in from the south of them at about 10- 12k and saw the whole bunch of them on their run in.  When I pulled up my clipboard they were definately showing dot but not bar dar until they started to climb a little.  As for their true alt, I couldn't guess as I dove from above looking for the goons.
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 11:32:51 AM »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 06:38:04 PM »

I think drones will not fly under a certain elevation after forming up, unless about to land.... perhaps they are the culprit?...  If so, then the question is, working as intended, or not?...

Also, this could be a radar issue, I tried mowing weeds in my Dora last night (a couple K above sea level, but dodging the tree tops in high terrain), and either there were a couple extremely observant players in the region, or now that I think about it, might of been dar.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 06:42:18 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 06:46:26 PM »
I saw a couple things that made me wonder if something wasn't right last night.  I saw a few enemy planes that looked to me like they were under 65 on the water show up on dar.  Now, it's pretty difficult to tell if they're at 60 feet or 70 feet, but it made me wonder.  Might be worth it for an interested party or two to conduct a test.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 07:37:33 PM »
DIE HORDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 07:04:38 AM »
No more NOE hiding under radar deck.  You can't keep a public mission below 65 feet, it's just impossible.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 07:54:57 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out why I can hear a 163 as he intercepts me at 35k feet before an enemy dar bar displays.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 07:59:24 AM »
Um... the NOE altitude is 250ft for the radar bar, and 65ft for the radar ring.

Nothing has changed.  The **icon** range was halved for NOE aircraft.  That is it.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 08:39:36 AM »
I think drones will not fly under a certain elevation after forming up, unless about to land.... perhaps they are the culprit?...  If so, then the question is, working as intended, or not?...

Also, this could be a radar issue, I tried mowing weeds in my Dora last night (a couple K above sea level, but dodging the tree tops in high terrain), and either there were a couple extremely observant players in the region, or now that I think about it, might of been dar.

Drones stay at like 200ft, BUT they don't show on dar, only the 'main' bomber does.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields