Author Topic: Ninth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 12189 times)

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
Re: Ninth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2012, 02:31:03 PM »
lol i was just posting them When it warned me a new reply had been posted.

good fights debrody and sorry for the inconvenience i had to use a squaddy through ventrillo to relay the message but it all worked out the same.  <S> sir
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2012, 05:43:10 PM »
Sorry, we could not link up Bone. I move into a house on post in a couple of days so I will be dropping off the net until I settle in.
In the case of Drbone, this above should've given Boner, the pass to the next round. Does the "review committee"even look at their own thread? :rolleyes: Good luck with the move Tomcat21 ,and Good Luck to rest of contestants! :rock
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:00:22 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2012, 05:52:03 PM »
---Good Luck everyone!--- :rock
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:12:21 PM by crazyivan »
POTW

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2012, 07:29:32 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

not in the bracket? your opinion dont count for much
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2012, 07:51:26 PM »
not in the bracket? your opinion dont count for much
Zing! does it ever, but I have a point. no offense. Maybe you may see some complications down the road with certain individuals, forgive me I'm but a peasant. Just thinking in the spirit of competition.
Noted: facepalm go *poof* :salute
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:13:23 PM by crazyivan »
POTW

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2012, 08:09:10 PM »
I'm not saying my opinion counts for more than yours or anyone else's usualy, but in this instance I have participated in every one of Baldy's brackets and have found the review system effective and fair. Not really worthy of a facepalm. It is quite simple, get the duels done or be at the mercy of the review board.

S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2012, 09:16:01 PM »
In the case of Drbone, this above should've given Boner, the pass to the next round. Does the "review committee"even look at their own thread? :rolleyes: Good luck with the move Tomcat21 ,and Good Luck to rest of contestants! :rock

I am not going to type out a big explanation about how he committee came up with each decision. I will however explain what I have noticed.

The ones that end up in random draw are almost always the ones that don't set up specific times and try to just "meet up" online. If you don't want your duel to be decided this way hen schedule 1 or 2 specific times to meet in game and get them done. This way if one of you does not show then the other wins.

Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2012, 09:32:02 PM »
:lol This was but a test, Crazy my friend leave it be most have seen it for what it is no need to bring it up again.
GL To those in the Bracket.  :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2012, 10:24:44 PM »
Move along folks. You win some you lose some.

Unlucky for both bone and suns, but you know you supposed to try to get your fights in :)
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2012, 10:32:36 PM »
was just wondering how he does the random thing  sticks,  names in a hat,  coin toss etc.    :)

I use the Xcel random number generator, in this case set to a maximum of 2, with the top player in the bracket being number 1 and the lower person in the bracket being number 2.  If it generates a 0 I run it again until I get a 1 or a 2.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2012, 10:37:56 PM »
Wait?  So a guy had to meet up to be in a fight... but couldn't make it...  because he can't be online... and so they randomly draw him to move to the next round?

I thought if you can't make a match, you forfeit?  I knew you guys had some weird rules in these events, but now I'm even further from wanting to participate.  It's like ending a World Championship in a shootout?  What the hell besides women's soccer does this?

Discuss.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2012, 10:57:30 PM »
Wait?  So a guy had to meet up to be in a fight... but couldn't make it...  because he can't be online... and so they randomly draw him to move to the next round?

I thought if you can't make a match, you forfeit?  I knew you guys had some weird rules in these events, but now I'm even further from wanting to participate.  It's like ending a World Championship in a shootout?  What the hell besides women's soccer does this?

Discuss.

if you know you have no chance to win the duel it seems to makes sense to muddy the waters like this by not being available, that way you get 50% chance to move to the next round :)

not suggesting TOMCAT is guilty of this, but it highlights an obvious flaw in the rules, imo
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:24:59 AM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2012, 11:03:31 PM »
No need to dwell on the facts Gents we know about it lets leave it at that.  :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2012, 06:11:25 AM »
Wait?  So a guy had to meet up to be in a fight... but couldn't make it...  because he can't be online... and so they randomly draw him to move to the next round?

I thought if you can't make a match, you forfeit?  I knew you guys had some weird rules in these events, but now I'm even further from wanting to participate.  It's like ending a World Championship in a shootout?  What the hell besides women's soccer does this?

Discuss.

The answer to this question is, there was no evidence of a scheduled time for the event. There was evidence of times that Tomcat was on and Drbone was not. When you rely on the let's just try to meet up then you run the risk of your duel being decided by random draw.

I am very sorry that DrBone feels slighted but as long as there were attempts from both parties to get in the fight then random draw is the only answer.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2012, 06:23:52 AM »
I am very sorry that DrBone feels slighted but as long as there were attempts from both parties to get in the fight then random draw is the only answer.

How do you know there was attempts from both parties? Tomcat is so online atm I'm not even sure he got the message that he won  :headscratch:
now posting as SirNuke