Author Topic: Ninth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 12199 times)

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Ninth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #180 on: February 18, 2012, 02:37:43 AM »
0300 in the da suns
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:39:20 AM by Melvin »
See Rule #4

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #181 on: February 18, 2012, 02:47:15 AM »
I wish I could but I'm without a comp. for the next few days.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #182 on: February 18, 2012, 02:49:05 AM »
Bugger...

I was really looking forward to the Mossie throwdown.
See Rule #4

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #183 on: February 18, 2012, 02:09:40 PM »
P39D - TitanMD
109F - TitanMD

<S> Ace8, that 109 fight was hairy!  :salute

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline UnclBone

• Zinc Member
« Reply #184 on: February 18, 2012, 02:39:51 PM »
I would LOVE for two TG to make it to the final match again some good competitors though.
Despite the BS review committee the bracket seems as though it would be fun.

:salute
The four cornerstones of character on which the structure of this nation was built are: Initiative, Imagination, Individuality and Independence”
MEMBER OF TOP GUN

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2012, 02:46:30 PM »
Not so long ago I saw you overturn your review commitee's decision...

:uhoh

Dolby, you selectively quoted BaldEagl, above.........  below is the whole quote of your selective partyou only quoted, sir!

I said for a few tournaments now that I was goin to step away from the decision making process.  This was the first real test of that.  I didn't weigh in at all but did outline what I wanted them to do in terms of reveiwing the thread and the rules.  While I may or may not agree with the decision to come out of the committee I respect it.  Four players, all of whom are in or have played in this tournament, made a judgement call and there's nothing really more fair than being judged by your peers.

BaldEagl does reserve the right to overturn a decision if he feels it is an absolute necessity........ but with that said.......Baldeagl would not overturn a committee decision with out some strong deliberation from all review committee members discussing it......

people who are not in the tournament should keep their mouths shut and comments to themselves..... people who have concerns should send those concerns straight to Bald Eagl and the review committee....... this is the ninth dueling bracket, and it seems the last 3 or so are becoming to dramatic and sometimes it is someone not even in the tournament doing the questioning.....

when one registers/signs up for this dueling bracket..... they are supposed to read the rules and requirements and if they agree with them all. then sign up.......... the signing up is acceptance of how the event is runned..... follow the rules and there will be no issues...... if one can not follow the rules or do not agree....then they should maturely bow out gracefully instead of acting like a fool..... ( <--- last statement is a general statement for everyone in the tournament including myself )

any other person who wants to cause conflict, cause annimosity, cause trouble.......should be banned from the bbs for at least a month for interferring with a brackets results thread and causing community drama that  is uncalled for

my thoughts

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline UnclBone

• Zinc Member
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2012, 02:56:58 PM »
Aces High Bulletin Board
  General Forums
  Aces High General Discussion
  Ninth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results

As Midway would say nuff said.
The four cornerstones of character on which the structure of this nation was built are: Initiative, Imagination, Individuality and Independence”
MEMBER OF TOP GUN

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2012, 02:58:42 PM »
TC This would be my fault, I accept all blame for this so called "Drama" It was but a test so all can see this bracket for what it truely is.  :aok

Even most of these ppl who you say shouldn't have a opinion all because they didn't join the bracket have either signed up for 1 previously or had this exact BS happen to them therefore all those empty spaces on that ladder.

Its funny because Inks ladder contains most of the peeps on BE's Bracket you dont see this nonsense there because the rules in place are alot better than this (Rule Bracket)<--That's what it has become, Have you not wondered why so many didnt sign up.  ;)
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2012, 03:02:24 PM »

Dolby, you selectively quoted BaldEagl, above.........  below is the whole quote of your selective partyou only quoted, sir!

BaldEagl does reserve the right to overturn a decision if he feels it is an absolute necessity........ but with that said.......Baldeagl would not overturn a committee decision with out some strong deliberation from all review committee members discussing it......

people who are not in the tournament should keep their mouths shut and comments to themselves..... people who have concerns should send those concerns straight to Bald Eagl and the review committee....... this is the ninth dueling bracket, and it seems the last 3 or so are becoming to dramatic and sometimes it is someone not even in the tournament doing the questioning.....

when one registers/signs up for this dueling bracket..... they are supposed to read the rules and requirements and if they agree with them all. then sign up.......... the signing up is acceptance of how the event is runned..... follow the rules and there will be no issues...... if one can not follow the rules or do not agree....then they should maturely bow out gracefully instead of acting like a fool..... ( <--- last statement is a general statement for everyone in the tournament including myself )

any other person who wants to cause conflict, cause annimosity, cause trouble.......should be banned from the bbs for at least a month for interferring with a brackets results thread and causing community drama that  is uncalled for

my thoughts

TC

Agree 100%. If anybody doesn't like BE's bracket they can go make a better one on their own. INK did that with his Ladder a few months ago and that thing looked awesome. I regret not participating in it. But anyway, I've been participating in the bracket ever since I joined and I've never felt like I've been slighted. All I had to do was get my fights in.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #189 on: February 18, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »
I have enjoyed being in the bracket ever since the first one that I signed up for. I actually shy away from the ladder due to the fact that it lasts so long. The bracket tourney is a nice short term event that comes along every couple of months and I think that BE has done an awesome job with it.

The fact of the matter is that the dueling ladder is a completely different animal all together, that awards the participants with the luxury of being able to schedule their fights at their leisure and if they don't happen the no biggy, nobody's fight is held up from it.

A bracket tourney is a great deal different. If someone doesnt get their fight in it can hold up the entire tournament, hence the reason for the random draws in the first place. If the ladder is what you prefer then that is great then dont come in here if you want both then even better, but be prepared to follow the rules that you signed up for. All the rules in here were vreated because of some people trying to push the limits of the rules. I suspect they pushed them because the winning is far more important than the fights this tourney creates.

I sinccerely hope that the drama eventually goes away, even if it means the tourney stays small as a result. All uis drama has to work on BE and personally I wish it would stop and I hope that BE continues to have them. I will sign up for each and every tourney that he holds.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2012, 04:49:09 PM »
TC This would be my fault, I accept all blame for this so called "Drama" It was but a test so all can see this bracket for what it truely is.  :aok

Even most of these ppl who you say shouldn't have a opinion all because they didn't join the bracket have either signed up for 1 previously or had this exact BS happen to them therefore all those empty spaces on that ladder.

Its funny because Inks ladder contains most of the peeps on BE's Bracket you dont see this nonsense there because the rules in place are alot better than this (Rule Bracket)<--That's what it has become, Have you not wondered why so many didnt sign up.  ;)

why u so mad?
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #191 on: February 18, 2012, 05:07:52 PM »
TC This would be my fault, I accept all blame for this so called "Drama" It was but a test so all can see this bracket for what it truely is.  :aok

I do not see it that way...... I was the "1" vote that said you should have advanced while others called for a random draw, DrBone1

and my reasoning for voting that way came directly from some of the comments some have quoted here ( I know I do not have to explain myself, but wanted it known that someone did take the comments of others in to consideration when posting my vote on the matter )

I also was 1 of the (2) votes that voted for sunsfan to advance instead of the random drawing...... again based on comments and pm's I had to read and decide upon......

but majority votes won out  :-/

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: February 18, 2012, 05:09:09 PM »

Its funny because Inks ladder contains most of the peeps on BE's Bracket you dont see this nonsense there because the rules in place are alot better than this (Rule Bracket)

That really isn't a fair comparison Bone.  Ink's ladder isn't under any pressure to complete rounds of a bracket in a short period of time.  Ink's ladder is an entirely different animal, definitely not comparing apples to apples.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
people who are not in the tournament should keep their mouths shut and comments to themselves.....

my thoughts

TC

I have been thinking of signing up for one these brackets since the 6th or 7th. But I have been put off by inconsistant decision making.
It's BE's bracket, and he can run it how he wishes, but that won't stop anyone posting any comments in this forum, when they have an interest.

As this is in the General Forum (and not within it's own private forum), you have no right to tell others to 'keep their mouths shut'.
Your post is also a clear example of a small part of the problem.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:28:34 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2012, 05:32:07 PM »
I have been thinking of signing up for one these brackets since the 6th or 7th. But I have been put off by inconsistant decision making.
It's BE's bracket, and he can run it how he wishes, but that won't stop anyone posting any comments in this forum, when they have an interest.

As this is in the General Forum (and not within it's own private forum), you have no right to tell others to 'keep their mouths shut'.
Your post is also a clear example of a small part of the problem.

Follow the rules and you wont have a problem. Been in 8 and haven't had a single issue.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."