Author Topic: Ninth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 12195 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ninth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #225 on: February 19, 2012, 08:28:09 PM »
Good Decision Baldy, I think you've made a good call on that

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #226 on: February 19, 2012, 09:39:35 PM »
Anytime you put this many people together you end up with the age old DIYDDIYD (Damned If You Do Damned If You Don't) situation.

I commend your strength to keep going with these tournaments BE despite all the drama that many like to initiate. You remain level headed and continue to come back no matter how much others seem to want to criticize.

:salute  BE and may there be many more tourneys to come.

BTW thanks for the extension for me and dangle. There was just really no way our times were going to match and this is my short week meaning I work only Weds night into Thurs after noon, leaving me with plenty of open times after I get off work tomorrow (Mon) morning.

Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #227 on: February 19, 2012, 10:34:45 PM »
UPDATE

Rather than updating the bracket tonight I've spent all day wrestling with a decision.

I retrospect, the advancement of Tomcat21 last week after posting that he was going to be offline for a period of time may not have been the best decision.  Clearly since he didn't respond to SF this week he's still offline.  I've decided to allow DrBone and SF to fight if they'd like to for the quarterfinal spot.  If they can't or won't then Tomcat21 will still be listed as the random draw winner but because no player can advance by random draw two turns in a row SF will advance to the quarterfinal round by forfeit.  If they do fight then DrBone will be promoted to the Elimination Round 3 position by forfeit and whomever wins between him and SF will advance to the quarterfinal.  I'm not posting the bracket tonight pending what happens here.  You have until Tuesday night at 10:00 PM CST to fight or not after which I'll post the updated bracket.  I know this throws it into SF's lap to fight and possibly lose or to make it difficult to get it in and simply advance.  I hope that both decide to fight.

Both LTDangle and haxxor have PM'd me asking for an extension.  Since they both asked and there were extenuating circumstances I am going to allow an extension until Tuesday night at 10:00 PM CST.

I want to explain that last week after a long hard week at work then so many uncontested duels I simply couldn't spare the effort it required to review every post and make each advancement decision on my own so instead I threw it in the committee's lap.  I still think the committee did a good job.  If Tomcat21 had been around this week then those fights would have proceeded as normal but with him not responding (and I highly doubt he will by Tuesday either) this opens a window of opportunity to allow DrBone back into the tournament.

I know I'm going to take heat on these decisions but like I said, I spent the whole day thinking about this and believe it's in the best interest of the tournament.

All that said there are two duels that can move forward.  They are:

RedBull
Typh Mk I
TC

TitanMD
N1K2-J
Sonic23

And the updated bracket will be posted Tuesday night.
I respectfully decline this BE but appreciate what you have done.  :salute  :cheers:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #228 on: February 19, 2012, 10:35:50 PM »
Just accept the generous offer bone!  :bolt:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #229 on: February 19, 2012, 10:39:09 PM »
Its nothing personal/Or intended for Disrespect towards the Bracket, I have been swamped with more than normal hours at work.

I wish the best of Luck to the rest in the Bracket!  :cheers:  :salute
=The Damned=
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2012, 02:34:17 AM »
Good Decision Baldy, I think you've made a good call on that

+1  :aok

Given the new circumstances you are trying to make the event work as well as possible  :salute

and  :salute :salute for making the effort to sort this out. In hindsight it now seems fairer to DrBone  :aok
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #231 on: February 20, 2012, 08:57:10 AM »
Its nothing personal/Or intended for Disrespect towards the Bracket, I have been swamped with more than normal hours at work.

I wish the best of Luck to the rest in the Bracket!  :cheers:  :salute

Bone. Find the time and have the fight. If you were going to turn it down, or were too busy to continue in the bracket, you shouldn't have said anything.

It's about the fights. Not making a statement.  Come on! :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #232 on: February 20, 2012, 09:01:20 AM »
Bone. Find the time and have the fight. If you were going to turn it down, or were too busy to continue in the bracket, you shouldn't have said anything.

It's about the fights. Not making a statement.  Come on! :salute
And youre exactly doing what he wants you to. Hes butthurt, of course wanna get it but his majesty dont let him accept the offer. And it just feels good for him if you beg for his comeback.
Damn it. Enough from the lady-drama. Fight if you want, otherwise move away.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #233 on: February 20, 2012, 09:05:17 AM »
And youre exactly doing what he wants you to. Hes butthurt, of course wanna get it but his majesty dont let him accept the offer. And it just feels good for him if you beg for his comeback.

:salute

re-read. That was not an ancle hump.  :D
Who is John Galt?

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #234 on: February 20, 2012, 09:14:14 AM »
UPDATE

I retrospect, the advancement of Tomcat21 last week after posting that he was going to be offline for a period of time may not have been the best decision.  Clearly since he didn't respond to SF this week he's still offline.  I've decided to allow DrBone and SF to fight if they'd like to for the quarterfinal spot.  If they can't or won't then Tomcat21 will still be listed as the random draw winner but because no player can advance by random draw two turns in a row SF will advance to the quarterfinal round by forfeit.  If they do fight then DrBone will be promoted to the Elimination Round 3 position by forfeit and whomever wins between him and SF will advance to the quarterfinal.  I'm not posting the bracket tonight pending what happens here.  You have until Tuesday night at 10:00 PM CST to fight or not after which I'll post the updated bracket.  I know this throws it into SF's lap to fight and possibly lose or to make it difficult to get it in and simply advance.  I hope that both decide to fight.

I'm here, and ready.  If Bone isn't going to fight, than I'll advance past Tomcat via his forfeit.  I'm not going to chase Tomcat around the arena's trying to find him.  I've pm'd and posted here numerous times.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #235 on: February 20, 2012, 02:24:08 PM »
Could you try making fun of me in English please.  :headscratch:
=The Damned=

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #236 on: February 20, 2012, 03:56:42 PM »
when you say Im to fight TitanMD do you mean FBTitan1 because i dont see a titanMD lol
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #237 on: February 20, 2012, 04:59:09 PM »
Yep.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #238 on: February 20, 2012, 05:11:27 PM »
Could you try making fun of me in English please.  :headscratch:
Nothing funny here. Every single friggen bracket thread is full of you, your drama, circus, show.
luved the PM btw.
over n out
AoM
City of ice

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #239 on: February 20, 2012, 11:21:06 PM »
F4U1 LtDangle now JOACH1M
P40C LtDangle now JOACH1M

excellently flown joach1m, almost to the point where I feel raped.

Great job and good luck with the rest of tourney bud.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:24:19 PM by dkff49 »
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave