Author Topic: Trackir and the Corsair/Hellcat  (Read 2954 times)

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
Re: Trackir and the Corsair/Hellcat
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 02:07:18 PM »
Only question is I cannot look upward, how can i fix that?

In the TrackIR software, check if you got full movement in the heads/gauges/tracking preview. If not, you probably need to adjust the position and/or orientation of the camera.
Also make sure there is no disturbing light sources behind you.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 04:54:26 PM »
Any tips? I seem to be going nuts lol. Basically the default views don't stick, I'm either diving into my cockpit or obsecured by the bars.
JG 52

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 04:55:07 PM »
Also make sure there is no disturbing light sources behind you.

...Like a lava lamp?  Or do you mean a strobe light? :)

Butcher- Do you have the software set to look for the correct thing you've got stuck on your head?  Trackclip Pro or Trackclip that goes on a hat?  If you've got the wrong one selected you can get some profoundly flaky behavior similar to being unable to look up.

Beyond that, somewhere on the forums in a TIR thread somebody had a link to a bunch of profiles, that might give you some starting points.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 05:38:20 PM »
...Like a lava lamp?  Or do you mean a strobe light? :)

:furious heh - at the time of writing it made perfectly sense in my head and my language, however "interfering" was probably the word I was looking for  :)
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 05:41:18 PM »
Going to wait till tomarrow to tinker with it further, not feeling so well today and I think the constant jerking around is making me even more woozy.

thanks gents, ill research it and try again :)
JG 52

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 05:48:22 PM »
Here are the 7 profiles I've collected from the boards.

http://speedy.sh/aVPeS/7-trackIR-profiles.zip

Offline Buckaroo

• Zinc Member
      • 3-in-1: Lathe_Mill_Drill (metal machine shop)
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 12:23:14 PM »
With the views in the Hellcat having been improved I plugged my trackir back in, but as of yet cannot get it to the same positions that I have been able to with the hat switch/standard head position view mode.

I also notice that in the F4U, I am unable to achieve the same views as well. 

In the F4U1, it's easier and I can see behind me fairly normally (the difference is much smaller than with the 1A, 1D, -4), but with the later Hogs and Hellcat it seems impossible to be able to get the same view with trackir that I can using the standard method.

Either I'm missing something, or am completely backwards on something.

Has anyone that uses trackir been able to get a good result in these aircraft?

Seems to me, it's been awhile, I can toggle between TrackIR by pre-mapping my TIR presets toggle buttons to my CH Fighterstick, then use my Pro Throttle's view hat as necessary, back and forth.

Now I have 3D to use with my TrackIR---that should be fun.  I will keep my puke bag handy---LOL!

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »
Yeesh, Track IR sucks for aces high - I can track a con in a fight - but the biggest problem is I can't keep the crosshair on the screen which is causing me to shoot all over the place like a 2 week trial member (sorry new guys).
JG 52

Offline Buckaroo

• Zinc Member
      • 3-in-1: Lathe_Mill_Drill (metal machine shop)
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2012, 06:40:32 AM »
Yeesh, Track IR sucks for aces high - I can track a con in a fight - but the biggest problem is I can't keep the crosshair on the screen which is causing me to shoot all over the place like a 2 week trial member (sorry new guys).

You need to read how to use TrackIR properly.  There are video tutorials.

You are at the beginning level of experience.

If in doubt, read the manual!

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2012, 02:27:51 PM »
I have trackIR, and I can't get satisfactory rear views out of either the corsairs(except the 1) or the hellcat. As such, I never fly them.

EDIT: the gun sight issue can be solved by locking some of the axises on your trackIR setup.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2012, 03:07:38 PM »

EDIT: the gun sight issue can be solved by locking some of the axises on your trackIR setup.

Can you explain this further?  I'm trying different things and different profiles, always looking for more tips.  I tried Lengro's method yesterday, which works pretty well except you can'y lean and look down the nose of the plane like you can with the x y z boxes checked.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2012, 06:44:37 PM »
Can you explain this further?  I'm trying different things and different profiles, always looking for more tips.  I tried Lengro's method yesterday, which works pretty well except you can'y lean and look down the nose of the plane like you can with the x y z boxes checked.

Deadband.  Put in a little flat valley in the middle of your x,y, and z axes so that when your head is close to the middle, x,y, and z do not do anything.  This means when you return your head to the neutral position, you've got a little globe your head can be in so the in game POV doesn't move anywhere.  Then adjust the slopes up from that flat spot at the bottom to your liking.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline brad3854

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 03:09:53 PM »
I am having trouble with Track IR as well. I just purchased the version 5 last week. I have had it for about a week now, but have not used it much because of the front over the noise and guns view. I can not get it to allow me to look over the the nose (to the left and up) as much as a saved head position. Its almost like TrackIRs field of few is just a little limited. Is there a fix for this? To clarify, I can't look outside the cockpit bar over the nose. I can do this with a saved head position, but have to turn off / pause track IR. Also, I like both x y and z on, but have tried disabiling them (where it uses your hat switch views) and I like both setups. I just wish I could fix the front over the nose view.... :bhead. The tips all you guys have suggested have been great. I have not played around with the settings until today. Just wish the trackir would allow me to slide in my cockpit seat a little more to the left of right... its like its limited just slightly, so its not as good as a saved head position.

Online SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 04:01:51 PM »
Brad set your forward view with the tir off using the arrow keys and page up, down keys, and F10 to save. Just like you would setting up a hat switch view. You only have to do this for the forward view. Now when you run tir and center the view it will be your saved forward view.

The only axis I disable is the roll axis.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline brad3854

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »
I have done a lot of tweaking, but I am still unable to get this right. I even tried what you said to do SIK1. While it works, im always defaulted back to that view and have no way to center myself in the cockpit. Its like your limited just a bit with trackIR. The 6 view in the F4u-1a you can't slide in your seat enough left or right like you can with a saved head position. Same goes for looking out over the nose in a p51-d. Am I missing something? Lengro, you mention that you map x and y axis to your ch throttle thumb joy. What do you mean by this? What exactly are you mapping? I really want to use trackIR, but I am about to give up.