Author Topic: I hate bad teachers  (Read 3366 times)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: I hate bad teachers
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 09:46:06 PM »
Only when you try to insult peoples intelligence and spell something wrong in the process.

you mean like in the OP? :)
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 10:00:17 PM »
you mean like in the OP? :)
Pffft  :rofl

Oh look you insulted my cpid how original.  
Wilhojo ring a bell?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 11:43:50 PM »
Pffft  :roflWilhojo ring a bell?

Yeah I came up with that. Original.

Betty coined suckoff.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 12:45:36 AM »
GRAMMAR POLICE, FORM UP!!!

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 01:22:48 AM »
No, but I do do that a lot to you

I find it painfully awful that foreign people can write better English than someone for whom it is their native language

I live in the USA and  english is the native language, then why when I have called places I have to press 1 for english?
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 01:34:08 AM »
At least its not as bad as our trig teacher, who threw the imaginary number i, and the unknown quantities "A", "B", and "Q" into a logarithm equation. Or his favorite gag, the "nonreal answer" equation, where he makes this huge-arse problem for us to solve, only to have it result in division by zero or some crap like that, and then references the answer in the next problem, so we have to actually do it to make sure  :bhead.

And can someone help me find the answer to this one: Tan(a)+Sec(a) (Csc(A)Cos(B)) divided by Cot (A)

Wow your math teacher sounds like every single math teacher I have ever had.  He makes you check your work.  Always plug your answers back into the problem and check your work.  Always.  Period.  You cannot be good at math and not check your work.

If you could write out your problem better I could make more sense of it right now there is a space in the middle of it and I think it is missing some details.  When you mean "answer" do you mean solve?  Do you mean simplify?  Is it equal to zero?  Refrain from using spaces and English in stead of saying "divided by" put a '/' and the first and second halves in parentheses.

For now I can say that tan(a) + sec(a) = (sin(a)/cos(a))(1/cos(a))  = sin(a)/cos^2(a)

(csc(A)cos(B)) = ((1/sin(A))(cos(B))) = cos(B)/cos(A)

((sin(a))/(cos^2(a))(cos(B)/cos(A)))/(cos(A)/sin(B))

Now I can already tell that if I was thinking about this problem correctly that the denominator is going to cancel out some of the top trig values.  Or simplify it.  I'll gladly work this out on a sheet of paper tomorrow if you want and scan it.  Just revise your question.

My goal and every other engineer or to be engineer's goal should be to create more.  You can get a job as an engineer.  There is a demand for them.  Excel in math, excel in science.  Help the country.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 01:45:57 AM by curry1 »
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 05:04:40 AM »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 07:51:00 AM »
It seems all you do is call people on their bad grammar and spelling, and only those who aren't too bad at it.

Also, spell-check doesn't say "coppies" is wrong
SPELL-CHECK??? You're relying on spell check for your writing? Do you use Wikipedia for History reports?
No wonder you're struggling. When I was a kid, using a calculator (after they were actually invented) was considered cheating. We had to physically write out the formulas, ect with pencil and paper showing how we got the answer.

And we had to walk uphill both ways in 3' of snow! :old:
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 11:44:11 AM »
LMAO ROB.

In geography class, a fellow student asked what the big lake in central Florida was.  The teacher said, "Thats the everglades."

Sigh.
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 11:51:40 AM »
Regarding calculators, they only need a little bit of regulation to be used effectively.  They make working with large, small, and complicated numbers easier.  In chemistry, for example, I just isolate the variable and let the calculator sort out the mess on the right side.  There's no thought in just grinding out long multiplication problems.  However, in math, I see a perversion of the subject in the way that we test for knowledge.  As you said, checking is of the utmost importance, but we are only given enough time to go through the problem once.  If we teach it that way, then 'being thorough' is replaced with 'being a calculator' because the only way that a human can make sure that the answer is right is by plugging the answer back in, while a calculator will always produce the same answer  (garbage in, garbage out still applies).

Time pressure causes stress, which causes errors, which misrepresents actual comprehension of the material.  Furthermore, 'speed' is not something that needs to be drilled.  It comes with experience, which can be gained by working with higher-level formulas right away.  Think of it like using a hammer; there's no point in spending hours perfecting your swing, just build something that uses the hammer a lot.  The hammer can be any basic idea, and the thing being built using it is a higher-level idea that incorporates it.  We do it that way in chemistry.  We are given the periodic table and that of the cations and anions, and don't need to memorize it.  However, by constant use in many areas I have ended up memorizing the atomic numbers, masses, families, and positions of a good number of elements.  Drilling that wouldn't have sped me up that much, and the time was spent on learning more subjects in greater depth.

Do you guys agree that incorporating basic concepts into higher ones is a better option than drilling them for subjects like math and chemistry?

-Penguin

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 01:23:14 PM »
Holy crap, this got WAY off topic for the most part. Coombz, I blame you and your compulsive dick-moves for this  :noid.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 01:27:20 PM »
It seems all you do is call people on their bad grammar and spelling, and only those who aren't too bad at it.

Also, spell-check doesn't say "coppies" is wrong

Your the one complaining about school.... lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 01:31:51 PM »
I never said he was complaining, hes not. But he seems to really enjoy calling me on my less than perfect (but still better than many people's) grammar and spelling.

After a while "wow, I can't believe you speak English this poorly" comments get old, especially when spell check sees no errors, everything is punctuated correctly, and there is nothing worse than words like 'wanna' in my post.

Just saying, he has yet to make a remark towards me about anything other than my grammar.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 01:33:22 PM »
Guess your feeling the way your teachers do now.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 04:16:08 PM »
I never said he was complaining, hes not. But he seems to really enjoy calling me on my less than perfect (but still better than many people's) grammar and spelling.

After a while "wow, I can't believe you speak English this poorly" comments get old, especially when spell check sees no errors, everything is punctuated correctly, and there is nothing worse than words like 'wanna' in my post.

Just saying, he has yet to make a remark towards me about anything other than my grammar.

Well, I could say something about you being a sad case with no life, as evidenced by your continuing to make large volumes of posts complaining about Aces High gameplay and squads while you don't even have an active account:rofl  But then, I'm pretty sure everyone can already see that.

I could also make posts calling you out for being an immature kid who simply parrots other peoples' (most notably, your KN squaddies) hateful and negative opinions in an attempt to 'fit in' and be edgy. For example, your regular attacks on the Top Gun squadron, despite the fact that you haven't even had an active account since before that squad was formed:lol You're slamming the entire squad, because...? DrBone and JOACH1M have owned you a lot in the past? Because perdweeb has some sand in his vagina? Grow up and stop the baseless hate speech and maybe I would have some small modicum of respect for you.

Another example is your bandwagon hatred of my squad The Few (skill-less horders apparently =D). I've never even seen you online once in all my time playing the game, which suggests you do not play in a timezone where Euro-based players (the majority of The Few) are flying. But still, you know all about us, right?

oh, and I've never made a remark to you except about grammar? nice selective memory you've got there :aok 

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,327068.msg4280014.html#msg4280014
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,322838.msg4231503.html#msg4231503

just a couple from recent memory, I know there were some more in the past but I'm too lazy to search that far back  :angel:

Oh, and you're also one of the guys who whines all the time about being bombed while in a GV  :cry

And despite all these things, the fact that there are little kids in European primary schools who can write better English than you is what disgusts me the most.  :old: If you were my kid I'd have you put down.

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.