Author Topic: So what is this??  (Read 11016 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re: So what is this??
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »
Did the bug allow control of the CV or just that the image of the player's name appear in the command box?  I suppose that could also be none of Changeup's business...

Very good question.

Mine is: If according to this dallas guy, he hasn't logged on to the Nits for 3 years, has his name been there for 3 years??

How would his name get put in command of a Nit CV if he hasn't been on that team lately??

Very confusing.............. :headscratch:
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2012, 02:49:23 PM »
Top squads in AH?  I suppose if you had mind control over 300 to 400 3rd graders, they could kick the pizz out of a handful of pro football players but that doesn't make them good.

:rofl :rofl
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2012, 02:51:24 PM »
"I tested the issue. It works correctly if you change countries while in command it will kick you out of command.

But I did find out how it happened and it will be fixed with the next host update.

The bug has been in existence since the CV stuff was written, I'm surprised it has not surfaced until now.

HiTech"

So I was near the true. This was a conspiracy made by enemy intelligence ...

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2012, 03:00:49 PM »
Very good question.

Mine is: If according to this dallas guy, he hasn't logged on to the Nits for 3 years, has his name been there for 3 years??

How would his name get put in command of a Nit CV if he hasn't been on that team lately??

Very confusing.............. :headscratch:

It's easy as switching countries to command the CV. Log out for 12 hours and log back to switch countries back then give some random jibberish on BBS when caught.

/Not the first time

JG 52

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2012, 09:10:15 PM »
I could think of a couple possibilities, but I'm unwilling to check, because that would be time and effort...  but I could possibly see taking 'control' of a CV, if you have a timer for the sink to coincide with it's respawn back to an enemy port (if there was a capture).  At which point it would momentarily exist on both sides...  You commanding would then somehow 'ghost' onto the other side...  there's probably a couple other ways the code could be futzed to do it, but that seems logical, and possibly breakable.  It would still take an extreme coincidence, or someone with a stopwatch to reproduce.

:noid
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2012, 09:40:54 PM »
I could think of a couple possibilities, but I'm unwilling to check, because that would be time and effort...  but I could possibly see taking 'control' of a CV, if you have a timer for the sink to coincide with it's respawn back to an enemy port (if there was a capture).  At which point it would momentarily exist on both sides...  You commanding would then somehow 'ghost' onto the other side...  there's probably a couple other ways the code could be futzed to do it, but that seems logical, and possibly breakable.  It would still take an extreme coincidence, or someone with a stopwatch to reproduce.

:noid

But Semp said he actually spoke to him as a nit. 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2012, 10:20:37 PM »
But Semp said he actually spoke to him as a nit. 

Semp is out of his mind.  As usual.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2012, 10:37:53 PM »
 :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2012, 10:50:06 PM »
Semp is out of his mind.  As usual.

He is out of his mind, that is true. But others saw him too...just saying
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2012, 11:24:03 PM »
What a pathetic squad led by a pathetic liar, and loser.  :aok
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2012, 11:38:08 PM »
did everyone ignore what HiTech wrote about this?  or is this just another assumption / unsupported allegation thread as usual?

If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2012, 11:41:18 PM »
It is no surprise that it happened.  It certainly is no surprise as to who exploited the bug.  I'm really glad HTC is correcting the bug in the next patch.

time to close this chapter.   :aok
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2012, 11:54:24 PM »

This is a case of un-sporting conduct by a villainous chief and should be dealt with forthwith!!

+1 :aok

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2012, 12:03:03 AM »
did everyone ignore what HiTech wrote about this?  or is this just another assumption / unsupported allegation thread as usual?

It is supported by screenshots as well as those who saw vDOLTAS, and spoke to him as a knit.  :ahand

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2012, 01:23:14 AM »
It is supported by screenshots as well as those who saw vDOLTAS, and spoke to him as a knit.  :ahand

You're a diddlying idiot.  None of us have been nits.