Author Topic: Can we please fix the artificial horizon?  (Read 436 times)

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Can we please fix the artificial horizon?
« on: February 11, 2012, 04:20:00 PM »
This has been going on since the last major patch before this one.. I think the one that gave us the B-29.

In this case a bunch of us were upping at once from a CV (during FSO) and I get the airplanes being inside one another bit but the artificial horizon sticks out in front of everything.  This also happens with clipboards and several other things.. kind of like its background priority is messed up.  Anyway it's no biggie just very annoying!

This happens with all planes on all maps:

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: Can we please fix the artificial horizon?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 06:32:38 PM »
+1
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Can we please fix the artificial horizon?
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 05:38:55 PM »
There is only so much so few can accomplish if they want to keep our eye-candy addiction slated.

Check the gunsights in the F4U-1 and Typhoon.

F4U-1 - no projector lense in the top of the unit. The unit should look like the N-3 in the P39's and P40's which have lenses and artisticly better represent the type overall.

Typhoon- reflector glass is rendering as a verticle rectangular plate in front of the projector lense not mounted to it's two angle brackets behind the lense. Check the angle and rendering discrepancy against all other british fighters with the MkII* gunsight. It and the Tempest should really have the MkIIL with 5° adjustment knob or Type1 MkIII beaumont modification. The spitI and HurriI should have gunsights with round glass reflector plates like the Mk8 Model-8 in the F6F which is an american made British Type1 Mk8 minus range and span adjustment rings.

Just shows you how eye-candy is really a subjective issue in any game and as variable as the number of players. One can get carried away with it like I just did.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.