Author Topic: New members  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
Re: New members
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 11:23:00 AM »
lol, believe it or not... valdals actually got me pretty squared away with how everything in the game worked when i first started
OEF 11-12

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 11:58:07 AM »
lol, believe it or not... valdals actually got me pretty squared away with how everything in the game worked when i first started

I haven't seen that name in forever!
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 12:01:14 PM »
I've had many new people teach me.   :(
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 12:46:46 PM »
 :aok :aok ImADot has got to be the best! I was a 2 weeker and couldnt even land a kill. He made me fly the Hurri2 for a month! It made me want to subscribe and it has been Great ever since.  :salute :salute ImADot and all others who help! :rock :rock
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 01:40:29 PM »
As a "New Guy" to this game I have found the players are willing to help when I have asked a question or have given me a tip or two on game play :aok Thanks Guy's/Gals keep up the good work.

Now if someone can tell me how a Yak can run away from a p51-d in level flight my world would be happy   :devil

Wezel,

Infidelz pointed this link to plane performance comparison.  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/planeperf.php?gtype=0&pw=2&p1=0&p2=24&submitButtonName=Generate+Chart  Looking at it I will add to bangsbox's post, and say that Yak9U should obliterate the P51D between 15000 and 20000 ft.

Very useful widget HTC  :rock

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 01:54:30 PM »
:aok :aok ImADot has got to be the best! I was a 2 weeker and couldnt even land a kill. He made me fly the Hurri2 for a month! It made me want to subscribe and it has been Great ever since.  :salute :salute ImADot and all others who help! :rock :rock

Was it a Hurri2 or a Hurri1?

And for the record, I was not the one to suggest flying nekked...
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 02:52:14 PM »
Was it a Hurri2 or a Hurri1?

And for the record, I was not the one to suggest flying nekked...

Yes, we all know sometimes imitation can be the sincerest form of flattery.........  :cool:

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 04:11:43 PM »
When I first started playing AH I took the time to read as much as I could about the game on the help topics and faqs provided from the home webpage.  This was my effort to avoid being a noob and rather just be a newb. I'm not saying that all new players should go through this process; just that there is a massive amount of helpful info out there if they are willing to dig a little.  I have helped a few people in my short time on AH so far and will normaly keep a chanel tuned to help in the radio so I can offer assistance via text.  I have noticed as my AH experience grew it became easier to pick out the differences between a newb honestly looking for help and a noob who wanted help but wasn't ready to accept that help in one way or another.

This comic sums up newb vs noob differences nicely.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:29:13 PM by tmetal »
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 05:36:32 PM »
Thanks for the info on the Yak I read the performance guide once this happened just to see if I was nuts lol The chase did happen on the deck it started at about 5k and we both dove, I chased him half way back to his base just to see if I could catch him but he just kept pulling away.

I dont take the Term "Noob" personal so dont worry about it Chilli after all I am  :banana: I have been out of the online flying for about 8 years, now dont laugh but when I was flying my Force feedback pro was a hot stick to have, still using it now till my new stuff comes in. I like this Game it has a lot to offer besides just flying and I am sure I will have lots more questions as I go along so thanks in advance for your help.

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 06:32:44 PM »
Totally agree, I was adopted and helped by Ghosth and Ozark my first few days, and I'm sure their help set me on the right path, I'm still here 11 years later :)

Salute

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 06:52:42 PM »
Yes, I learned much patience being around Banshee  :bhead :lol.  Of course my aces high experience wouldn't have been the same without him.  Well at least now I don't have to keep ".eject Banshee7" in my text buffer just in case :lol

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 08:34:34 PM »
What I have been doing, when I get the chance, is to invite a new guy to "join" me during a flight or mission, explain to him what I am doing, about the radio and a host of other things. Have had 2 in last month out of about 6 which came back and joined! I know its a pain to have to explain how to "join" you in flight in the text buffer, but if we want this game to grow and become the best sim game online, we need to help AH with the process! :salute
ive had many noobs join me on a jeep run they should ask b4 joining :rofl

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 11:10:26 PM »
I've never helped anyone.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 01:42:08 AM »
I have never played any online game before in my life.
I found AH back in late 06.
Finances kept me from going online until Dec 2011.
I've had a great time.
I've met a lot of pilots and some have become friends; silat & the 80th Headhunters and xBlack & the Blue Lagoon Bandits.
<S> to both of you.
On the BBS, I have found countless people to help me out with my computer problems.
Thanks to all who have helped me to get the most out of AH.

Thanks to them, when I go online, I know how to drop my apps to 19(I use XP PRO S3)

Overall, this has been quite an experience, and I have enjoyed it beyond words.

Some of you know me and you know why I only fly P38s.
It was my childhood dream to become a P38 pilot.
My parents met on the P38 assemblyline , at Lockheed, Burbank, in 1943.
When I was 9 or 10 I told them I wanted to be a P38 Pilot. my parents said that they didn't make them anymore.
Thanks to HTC, at 64, I get to live my dream.
Thank you HTC.

But apparently, P38s irriate some people.

Especially, when in my case, my score is a four-digit number and you shoot down someone with a three digit number and then you get a bunch of PMs complaining and threatning to "I coming for you, noob, and just for you" messages.
I found the PMs funny.
I didn't respond to them, but I did save the screenshots of who it was and what they said.

If anyone is that curious who it was, go to my email and I will send the screenshots. I could post them but I don't want to get banned.

My email is necron999@hotmail.com

I doubt that you will surprised who it is.

Afterall, he is the CO of the "#1 squad in AH".
His quote.

LOL

My thanks to HTC and all the pilots I've met I've met, whether, on my side, or the "evil doers" as AnglEyes would call them.

I salute you all.

Thanks for all the fun.

P.S. I still want the P38K. LOL    :banana:   :joystick:    :old:
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 01:58:50 AM »
just in case anyone is wondering if I squelch that person, I don't.

Why should I ?

I love hearing the threats.

If I am walking by a field and a donkey heehaws at me, am I childish enough to heehaw back?

Not likely.

I'm more adult than that.

Afterall, dream or not, this is just a game.

Its a game.
You know who you are. check your stats.
Last Tour
Killed by a P38L, LtngRydr.

LOL

I waited on the runway so you could vulch me.
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"