Author Topic: I think i finally found something i don't like about my car  (Read 1040 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: I think i finally found something i don't like about my car
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 07:49:58 AM »
2SS is the 6.2 V8 with leather and the connectivity pkg.  Otherwise known as the Anti-Mustang.   :D

EDIT:  Ally bank will lend on a SS Camaro no prob.  Ya just have to go to a dealer that'll put their feet to the fire.  As a dealer, all you have to say is "I guess we'll send it to our credit unions..."  They tend to loosen up a bit after that.

Heck, I got a 36 mo, 12k/yr Volt lease done two days ago at 380/mo with very questionable credit...   That one was 45k sticker.  Ally does work with ya.

2nd Edit:  I'm the seller, not the buyer.  Happy to answer any questions though.

yep. that's the one woody has. he traded his dodge ram in on it.

back when we both had our 60's hot rods, we were always lining up down at the track. it sucked when i sold him the smallblock 400 out of my truck, helped him install it in his 68 camaro, and he then proceeded to hammer me into the weeds.  :x
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 10:58:53 AM »
lol Cap... I thought you finally approached the car from the rear. :P
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 12:17:52 PM »
lol Cap... I thought you finally approached the car from the rear. :P
:neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 02:05:10 PM »
rather coincidentally, ford is willing to lend money for them.  :rock :devil

the only thing i didn't like about the Camaro in transformers, was that it's yellow. a longtime friend of mine had been on the fence about buying a camaro. till he drove past the shop, and saw the gt sitting out there. he came in and checked it out......2 weeks later, he had his 2010 2ss(i think that's the v8?) race orange white stripes. beautiful car,. but i still like mine better.  :devil
Ya but I don't think they are going to lend to a 19 year old who is full time at college with no job currently spending a couple grand a month on flying lol... But then again, I am probably just the type of person they are looking for to take advantage of...

AS for the Camaro, originally I would have actually done it just like Bee, Yellow with black stripes, if I were to get one. Black leather with yellow trim. I was even thinking about getting transformer logos and replacing all the Chevy logos with the respective logos. Then I discovered the Maroon color and fell in love with it. I would have picked it and white racing stripes instead.

However, I didn't like the Camaros used in Revenge of the Fallen and The Dark Side of the Moon. Mainly it was the large black vent on the fenders that I didn't like, so I would have just gotten one with the standard fog lights there instead. I actually saw a Transformers Edition Camaro last year sitting in the parking lot as I was leaving a hospital.

What has really turned me back off the Camaro is that it seems to me they have made the nose of the car more pointed than the first year they reintroduced the line. Its just a little too pointed for my liking.

The Mustang on the other hand, I always loved the front end, especially after they did the 2010(?) update. It was the rear end that i didn't like, but it has since grown on me.

If i were to get a Mustange, i would get the v6. Two reasons really. One would be Insurance, i know there is a much higher premium for the GT's especially for my age. And the second is because it should get slightly better gas mileage. Manual is also a given, though I have never learned it yet.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:07:29 PM by flight17 »
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 02:53:12 PM »
i've had her out the last 3 days..........waiting for  a goodweekend, and gonna go look for some twisty type roads........

Yeah, we're all getting tired of all the griping comming from the East Coast about the horrible winter you've been having.  :rolleyes:
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 03:04:10 PM »

The Mustang on the other hand, I always loved the front end, especially after they did the 2010(?) update. It was the rear end that i didn't like, but it has since grown on me.

If i were to get a Mustange, i would get the v6. Two reasons really. One would be Insurance, i know there is a much higher premium for the GT's especially for my age. And the second is because it should get slightly better gas mileage. Manual is also a given, though I have never learned it yet.

Sell you mine. Give you a good deal on it was well. Make an offer. I want a BOSS and can't have both cars and a house.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 03:32:21 PM »
OOOO......if you get a boss302, you HAVE  to bring it to milleville.

BTW... i watched the american stig drive both a roush stage3, and a boss302 around american top gears track. the boss was quicker, more composed, leaned less, had less brake dive, and looked much much more precise in the turns.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 03:40:28 PM »

What has really turned me back off the Camaro is that it seems to me they have made the nose of the car more pointed than the first year they reintroduced the line. Its just a little too pointed for my liking.

The nose is the same. No changes.

The ZL-1s are getting out now.... 750HP from the factory. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 03:41:54 PM »
That's the plan. I'm going to a track rental at Pocono in July. I can't take my convertible to Millville thanks to the NJ State Police but a Boss would definitely see the tracks there.

Popped into a showroom in Florida and they hit my realistic number on their first volley. Bastages. I need to get rid of this car and I'd rather sell it than ship it to FL to trade for what I owe. Or if you would have taken me up on driving it down over Christmas it would already be there...

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 04:00:23 PM »
The nose is the same. No changes.

The ZL-1s are getting out now.... 750HP from the factory. :D

last i heard the zl1 will have a supercharged 6.2 liter making 580 hp from the factory, as compared to the mustang with a supercharged 5.8 liter making 650 hp, and capable of topping 200mph.  :devil
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:02:04 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 04:05:54 PM »
I love the look of the new Mustang but I want a new Thunderbird , lol .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 04:27:49 PM »
That's the plan. I'm going to a track rental at Pocono in July. I can't take my convertible to Millville thanks to the NJ State Police but a Boss would definitely see the tracks there.

Popped into a showroom in Florida and they hit my realistic number on their first volley. Bastages. I need to get rid of this car and I'd rather sell it than ship it to FL to trade for what I owe. Or if you would have taken me up on driving it down over Christmas it would already be there...
i would've taken ya up on that if i could have.......i just wanted to maximize the time i had with my family.

is it a laguna seca you're looking at or standard boss? the ls is CRAZY. also....are you getting the track key?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 04:28:30 PM »
I love the look of the new Mustang but I want a new Thunderbird , lol .

i like all of the hot rods out there right now. it's a friggin GREAT time to be a car nut right now.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 04:31:11 PM »
i like all of the hot rods out there right now. it's a friggin GREAT time to be a car nut right now.
Got that right like back in the early 70's . Wish I could hit the lottery ,lol.
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »
750HP from the factory. :D

750 to the wheels or out the motor?

if its 750 to the wheels then your a madman