Author Topic: I think i finally found something i don't like about my car  (Read 1044 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
I think i finally found something i don't like about my car
« on: February 22, 2012, 09:20:49 PM »

yep. iiiiit's true. there actually IS something i don't like about it.

the smell inside. it smells so dam good, that when i get in, i don't wanna get out. the seats are so dam comfortable, i don't wanna get out. especially when the heat's turned on in them.

the biggest thing though, is the sync system. in particular the sound system. while it's not necessarily the best quality sound in the world, it does kick out good sounds. and the options? sheesh!! between the line in option, the usb port, sirius.....i can go from now till doomsday without ever having to listen to commercial radio again.
 i've already got 2 thumb drives loaded up with various music, an old 128(or something like that..it holds 120 songs)mp3 player, and my cell phone loaded up with music.

who'd have ever thought the lowly mustang would ever get this dam good?   :aok :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Re: I think i finally found something i don't like about my car
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 09:28:40 PM »
Put some miles on it, slacker!

6 months and 1 day into owning mine I hit 10,000 miles.

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »

the smell inside. it smells so dam good, that when i get in, i don't wanna get out. the seats are so dam comfortable, i don't wanna get out. especially when the heat's turned on in them.

the biggest thing though, is the sync system. in particular the sound system. while it's not necessarily the best quality sound in the world, it does kick out good sounds. and the options? sheesh!! between the line in option, the usb port, sirius.....i can go from now till doomsday without ever having to listen to commercial radio again.
 i've already got 2 thumb drives loaded up with various music, an old 128(or something like that..it holds 120 songs)mp3 player, and my cell phone loaded up with music.

who'd have ever thought the lowly mustang would ever get this dam good?   :aok :D

Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 10:34:51 PM »

It's a good thing yuor a mechanic. I know 3 people that have Mustangs, two of them have 2007's and one has a 2009 and all three of them are in the shop more than they're out.

Mustang's were my dream car untill I saw what those three were going through with there's lol

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 10:43:33 PM »
I passed 5k last week.  Weather is going to be nice tomorrow.  I think I'll take Gertrude out.  She's been feeling kind of lonely lately :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 10:51:33 PM »
Here ya go CAP, this guy is putting your engine into my truck...

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-1-lightnings/210147-94-l-frame-off-rebuild-not-stock-6.html

It looks like it could be a fun project for this...

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:55:07 PM by 5PointOh »
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 11:00:24 PM »
wait until you've gotten this far and left the windows open during monsoonal rain
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 11:18:46 PM »

Amateurs
 2001 Mustang btw
Changed out the stock battery, spark plugs, and serpentine belt at 245k so I guess I cheated

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:21:27 PM by warhed »
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 11:35:43 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

i've had her out the last 3 days..........waiting for  a goodweekend, and gonna go look for some twisty type roads........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 11:37:49 PM »
It's a good thing yuor a mechanic. I know 3 people that have Mustangs, two of them have 2007's and one has a 2009 and all three of them are in the shop more than they're out.

Mustang's were my dream car untill I saw what those three were going through with there's lol

i'm thinking i won't be having any problems.....and i don't plan on touching underhood for at least 5 years.....other than oil changes.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 11:44:18 PM »
I was a mustang fan for the longest time, then when Transformers came out, i fell in love with the Camaro. I still like the Camaro, but with the 2012 Mustang, i have fallen back in love with it... Already have designed mine on ford's website... now just need to come up with 35 grand for it...
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 11:48:57 PM »
I was a mustang fan for the longest time, then when Transformers came out, i fell in love with the Camaro. I still like the Camaro, but with the 2012 Mustang, i have fallen back in love with it... Already have designed mine on ford's website... now just need to come up with 35 grand for it...

rather coincidentally, ford is willing to lend money for them.  :rock :devil

the only thing i didn't like about the camaro in transformers, was that it's yellow. a longtime friend of mine had been on the fence about buying a camaro. till he drove past the shop, and saw the gt sitting out there. he came in and checked it out......2 weeks later, he had his 2010 2ss(i think that's the v8?) race orange white stripes. beautiful car,. but i still like mine better.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 01:57:15 AM »

he had his 2010 2ss(i think that's the v8?) race orange white stripes. beautiful car,. but i still like mine better.  :devil

2SS is the 6.2 V8 with leather and the connectivity pkg.  Otherwise known as the Anti-Mustang.   :D

EDIT:  Ally bank will lend on a SS Camaro no prob.  Ya just have to go to a dealer that'll put their feet to the fire.  As a dealer, all you have to say is "I guess we'll send it to our credit unions..."  They tend to loosen up a bit after that.

Heck, I got a 36 mo, 12k/yr Volt lease done two days ago at 380/mo with very questionable credit...   That one was 45k sticker.  Ally does work with ya.

2nd Edit:  I'm the seller, not the buyer.  Happy to answer any questions though.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:22:24 AM by AAJagerX »
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 02:26:17 AM »

Golfer's treating his car like he's trying to get a commercial (Ford) Mustang pilot rating.  Don't listen to him CAP!!! 
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 07:47:20 AM »
Here ya go CAP, this guy is putting your engine into my truck...

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-1-lightnings/210147-94-l-frame-off-rebuild-not-stock-6.html

It looks like it could be a fun project for this...

i think one of these engines into an f150 like that would be one surprisingly good combination.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"