Author Topic: Old Style Discipline  (Read 826 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Old Style Discipline
« on: February 23, 2012, 08:52:21 AM »
This one is for you guys going on and on about how the old style of disciplining children works better.  I think no candy for a few weeks might have had a better outcome.  Go on, start your explanations with "Why, my father used to . . . . . . ".  No one cares!  Just because they were relatives of yours, does not mean they actually had a clue  :old:

http://news.yahoo.com/2-charged-death-ala-girl-forced-run-082216169.html

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Old Style Discipline
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 12:45:52 PM »
I get your point but have to disagree.

These people were not using old fashioned discipline. They were just idiots.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 01:01:19 PM »
 :bhead

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Hoffman

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 01:28:22 PM »
Err... no old fashioned discipline would be:
I lied about eating candy and my mother made me sit in an uncomfortable chair staring at a wall for 3 hours.
I acted like a brat in the middle of the department store and my Mother took me to the bathroom and spanked me.
I refused to clean my room or do my homework and I was grounded and forced to clean/work with my Father standing directly overhead.
Old fashioned discipline is actually holding your children accountable for their actions and enforcing a standard of behavior and integrity.

Forced to run for 3 hours is stupid.

At a reasonable running pace that's half a marathon.  The human body, unless specifically trained and conditioned cannot undergo that kind of stress without adequate hydration.  Especially in a child.  Lock the grandmother up and take reproduction rights away from that mother.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 02:08:53 PM »
Well lets see...I live about an hour south of those stupid women and we got the whole story on the family newswire last night because my uncle knows the father/husband of the little girl that died.

Apparently the grandmother (fathers mom) is a class a B**** from hades who couldn't stand the little girl but the birth mother was worse so when the parent divorced the father got custody but then his job sent him overseas to work so the grandmother got parental rights even over the step mom who was just a little better than the ex-wife but not by much. Anyway the dad got the call and flew home immediately but it took him 36 hours to get back to Alabama from where ever he was and he only got 4 hours with his brain dead daughter before having to make the call to remove her from life support.

Both of those fat arsed women need to be run continuously for 3 hours and lets see how they respond to no water at all during that time frame and I was told that neither of them have ever turned down a candy bar when it was offered to them either; which is what the little girl was run to death for eating.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 02:53:59 PM »
Err... no old fashioned discipline would be:
I lied about eating candy and my mother made me sit in an uncomfortable chair staring at a wall for 3 hours.
I acted like a brat in the middle of the department store and my Mother took me to the bathroom and spanked me.
I refused to clean my room or do my homework and I was grounded and forced to clean/work with my Father standing directly overhead.
Old fashioned discipline is actually holding your children accountable for their actions and enforcing a standard of behavior and integrity.

Forced to run for 3 hours is stupid.

At a reasonable running pace that's half a marathon.  The human body, unless specifically trained and conditioned cannot undergo that kind of stress without adequate hydration.  Especially in a child.  Lock the grandmother up and take reproduction rights away from that mother.

Um, apparently, you have not read the BBS on how you should discipline your children the old fashion way.  What you describe is how to spoil them and the reason society is going down hill.  :lol 

Funny how non of them have appeared in here yet.

Offline MrMeanie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 05:36:48 PM »
One of them leather belt's they used to sharpen razor's on the old bum fixes all problem's, Sure put me in the right path.
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 06:06:08 PM »
This one is for you guys going on and on about how the old style of disciplining children works better.  I think no candy for a few weeks might have had a better outcome.  Go on, start your explanations with "Why, my father used to . . . . . . ".  No one cares!  Just because they were relatives of yours, does not mean they actually had a clue  :old:

http://news.yahoo.com/2-charged-death-ala-girl-forced-run-082216169.html

I think most people know what "discipline is" and what "criminality" is. So what? Were not supposed to discipline our kids cause some idiot ran their little girl to death?
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 06:58:37 PM »
I think most people know what "discipline is" and what "criminality" is. So what? Were not supposed to discipline our kids cause some idiot ran their little girl to death?

Where did I say that? 

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 09:33:38 PM »
So happy i moved out of alabama  :huh :furious :furious :furious
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 10:44:58 PM »
dam...i came in here thinking of bettie page in her leather............. :noid :joystick:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 02:08:11 AM »
Dedalos... That was excellent!  Bravo!   :aok. That poor girl, though, she deserved better than that.  :mad: Run to death over a candy bar- barbaric!   :furious I'm glad that this is the exception to the rule, though. :)

-Penguin

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 09:07:44 AM »
guess america is really fat when you die at 9 from running. im no skinny but come on a kid dies from runnnig? wish kids my age would get outside a little more.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 10:34:13 AM »
Where did I say that? 

Maybe I read it wrong. We'll move on.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 10:48:27 AM »
guess america is really fat when you die at 9 from running. im no skinny but come on a kid dies from runnnig? wish kids my age would get outside a little more.

You... did see the part where it was for 3 hours with no liquid, right?  Wish kids your age would comprehend what they read a bit better.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11