Author Topic: Pilot and Co-Pilot are incompacitated....  (Read 2973 times)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: Pilot and Co-Pilot are incompacitated....
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 09:01:51 AM »
  If there are trees anywhere near the runway We're all dead. :uhoh
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 09:02:26 AM »
This hit me while reading another thread regarding rudder pedals. It went as follows.....

Which begs the question..... your on a plane and the pilot and co-pilot are incapacitated. You have a choice among three gamers to take the controls. One experienced in AH, one in M$FS, and one in IL2...... which would you choose?

Not a SAPP that's for sure!! You guys would never use or find the Landing Gear  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 09:02:55 AM »
Most of you cheeseheads have never landed in game or real life anyway.

and then quite a few of us have.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2012, 09:06:13 AM »
Not a SAPP that's for sure!! You guys would never use or find the Landing Gear  :old:

snicker
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2012, 09:45:02 AM »
I've found most every post funny so far..... get a bigger hook.  :neener:

As for the homeless person... chances are he just doesn't want to work. He may want to be president of some corporation but was not wanting to start at the bottom. :D

Case in point.... guy under a bridge holding a sign, "will work for food". Several folks drive by and give him money for food. They do not want to hire him for anything as he is a stranger out on the street (security). I go by and tell him if he comes to my shop I'll give him a job where he can earn some money. My shop is just down the road within a couple of miles. He never shows up. This has happened on several occassions. Some folks consider this freedom. They have no bills and are free to go and do as they please. So which is this one your refering to?

:rofl case in point eh?  I ll go ahead and call BS on the story that you waited there to witness several people give him money and that then you went up to him to offer him a job.   :rofl  wow, people are walking into my office to see what was so funny  :rofl  Every single person I ever had this argument with comes up with the same BS story  :lol

In any case, your funny story does not prove anything.  As I said, some are lazy some are not and wish they had the opportunities we did. 

PS.  Read the book "Fooled by randomness".  It is a short story of a trader. 
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2012, 09:52:47 AM »
choose the one that would follow the radio guy's instructions step by step and would'nt sit complaining about the ram that only you got the damage and all the other small plane guy got was an oil leak
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2012, 09:56:01 AM »
Most of you cheeseheads have never landed in game or real life anyway.
True, I hardly ever landed in AH anyway, didn't need to seeing as I keep getting shot down. I find landing in AH more tense than in real life.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2012, 10:16:27 AM »
By landing it manually?

Really?      :headscratch:

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 10:18:43 AM »
By landing it manually?

Really?  Sounds risky........

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2012, 10:27:20 AM »
Really?  Sounds risky........

Eh, wasn't that the whole point of this thread? Meaning that who thinks he could land the plane. I simply pointed out that it wouldn't be necessary as long as someone would manage to contact ATC (provided that they would be within transmitting distance and not over big ocean for example). Then I'm sure they could get someone on the tower who could help in using the autopilot/navigation equipment. By turning the right couple knobs the aircraft would land itself.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2012, 10:41:49 AM »
By turning the right couple knobs the aircraft would land itself.

IF the airplane is equipped with auto-land.  IF you're able to program the autopilot for the approach.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2012, 10:48:44 AM »
Eh, wasn't that the whole point of this thread? Meaning that who thinks he could land the plane. I simply pointed out that it wouldn't be necessary as long as someone would manage to contact ATC (provided that they would be within transmitting distance and not over big ocean for example). Then I'm sure they could get someone on the tower who could help in using the autopilot/navigation equipment. By turning the right couple knobs the aircraft would land itself.

So, how would it work if the radios were malfunctioning, or not tuned to the tower, or out of range?  I was just interested in how or if the airlines have experienced pilots available for each airliner type at the airports.

Also, say this event happens at cruise altitude and there is an under cast cloud bank from horizon to horizon.  How do you handle that?

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2012, 10:54:29 AM »
IF the airplane is equipped with auto-land.  IF you're able to program the autopilot for the approach.

Modern airliners don't need to be landed manually in that type of situation.

I think virtually all commercial airliner jets have them.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2012, 10:56:08 AM »
So, how would it work if the radios were malfunctioning, or not tuned to the tower, or out of range?  I was just interested in how or if the airlines have experienced pilots available for each airliner type at the airports.

Also, say this event happens at cruise altitude and there is an under cast cloud bank from horizon to horizon.  How do you handle that?

Or if the wing would come off... :)

Anyway, it is rather silly question overall. There are two pilots and they are eating food from different sources for a reason. :)
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2012, 10:57:03 AM »

There is a crisis room for each airline with at least one pilot for each aircraft type the airline operates on standby 24 hours a day at each airports tower for situations like this. They are there to be prepared for just such an eventuality, nay, inevitability that they will need to talk down an airliner full of passengers with no flying experience.

It's a snap.  Rex Cramer duty, that is.