Author Topic: Convergence  (Read 1890 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Convergence
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2012, 08:19:34 PM »
Don't you fly through alot of debree doing that, D0.. ??  :uhoh :D
I have to try that.. If I can restrain myself to hold fire that long that is..  :noid

Sometimes..... :furious   But I dont see well so I have to get that close to hit anything! :bhead

:salute

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2012, 04:12:17 PM »
Hey morfeind, you ever looked into the (aircraft.cfg) file and divided the first 3 digits by 3? Don't worry if the forth number down in many of them says 975. It only seems to matter in P47's.

Still wish Hitech would give us control over both (x & y) when we set convergence. Heck even give us a (y) setting for the gunsight reflector glass or at least (High, Medium, Low). Heck the engine deck down slope  of the 109's allows a Revi line of sight down to -11 feet at 437 yards. Thats only 8.4Mil or about the same adjustment the Tiffie's MkIIL gunsight had for rocket firing. MkIIL is the spitfire gunsight you see occasionaly with a dial knob on it. Used them for rockets and the 40mm.

Can you see the complaints after players set their Tiffy gunsight for rockets in the hanger and don't remember to shoot high with the cannons after they use up the rockets? Though it would be close to the drop compensation I put in my wing gun gunsight. A 5 degree tilt would get you about 10Mil. The Revi could tilt about 14 degrees.

Can you see the conversations you would have with new players trying to first determine how they setup thier (x, y, z) to help them correct their gunnery problems?
-----------------------------------------------------
Trainer: Hmmmm, OK, use High for shooting long range at bombers with a 650 convergence. Use Medium to furball with a..Hmmmm, 350 convergence. And yes...Low for rockets. Got that nadsmasr??

nadsmasr: I jess wants to shoot em realll good. Quit confusin me with all that knowlege. I jess wanna point at em and they go boom.

Trainer: You have your gunsight set to High don't you??

nadsmasr: If you say so. You the trainer. I thought High was for High Powered, sumthin like that or another. I juss want them to go boom when I point it at them!!

Trainer: You wanna share one of those shooters?? What are you using for a chaser?? Realistic gunnery, yeah, someone just got old and lost their mind. Realistc gunnery my bippy.......This is a bleeping game not WW2 on a popsickel stick. They couldn't smack a bull in the rump with a banjo in the old model. Now they can't hit the floor dropping their pants in the doctor's office. If I ever meet that IDIOT with all that Mil math from the BBS. I'll smack the floor with him and use a banjo to give him a bleeping exam......

nadsmasr: Is it something I said??

Mrs. Trainer: Mr. nadsmasr....Mr. Trainer just walked out the front door mumbling something about Texas, Mil Idiots and Banjos. Do you know why he's running around the yard flapping his arms and shouting piu, piu, piu, stick that where the Banjo don't shine?? 
------------------------------------------------------

If you take the D9 up offline with the 20mm set to 275 and fly reasonably level about 285 TA against the offline target. You will notice you get a pattern from the 20mm zero'd at 275 and then again at about 550. Now if we could set the 20mm crossing at 550 but leave the 275 point alone.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2012, 04:53:43 PM »
 Bustr,

Actually I never mess with any files in the game!  But if you'd like to go into some more detail on that plz pm me,not sure I understand what your trying to get at.

:salute

PS: your "trainers" sketch was pretty close to home...... :o

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2012, 06:29:08 PM »
<snip>
 PS: your "trainers" sketch was pretty close to home...... :o

Indeed!!
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2012, 10:02:24 AM »
Lots of pics of my favorite convergences. http://thesquad.forumotion.net/t39-convergences

D200 is 101-300feet, D400 is 301-500, and D600 is 501-700.

Offline usb777

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 10:49:26 AM »
Now that's what I'm looking for! How do I set up this shot on my screen?

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 11:10:11 AM »
  This is what I usually suggest,then explain how the icon counter works. When the icon changes to D200 the plane is actually about 300 yards away. Personally I keep my convergences in close,275 would be the furthest out I set any gun and like to see D0 before I shoot!

So when the icon is showing 600 the actual range is actually somewhere in between 700 and 500?
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 11:31:03 AM »
yes
  But it's actually supposed to be in yards not feet as I originally typed it on that site.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 11:36:17 AM by A8TOOL »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2012, 12:02:31 PM »
Thank you Tool  :salute

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234