Author Topic: track-ir bug - pls HTC give a look at this  (Read 4704 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: TRACK IR is nerfed
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 09:34:08 PM »
This is ridiculous. I don't know what is intended or not but it comes across as a VERY CLUMSY attempt to do social engineering. It's hard to imagine that this is unintentional. You have to believe that NO ONE even looked at the TrackIR implementation or understood what they were looking at if they did. I can only move my head an inch and its stuck right next the to armor plate like its glued there. You can't see to the side, you can't see around the armor plate in any plane. In every way the static views work much better. 

There is no way in the world that this can be thought to be or intended to be a realistic depiction of the pilot's movement in the cockpit. To say, "Track IR users can now get the full bounds of head movement in all planes" is so far off the mark I feel like we are on different planets.

Just be clear, the attempt here is to provide good feedback for the improvement of the game. I love this game, I love the genre but I can't take the steady diet of absolutely crap changes. I have a subscription so I can blow off steam and do something I enjoy for the weekend. What we seem to be running into is changes that don't improve anything and just make the game worse. It hasn't been fun for the last two months. I'm getting to the end of my rope about logging on and having my blood pressure go through the roof because of another ill thought out, ill tested "improvement". I totally get that you want to make improvements and support that. But if you don't want to run off your player base, they have to work. That means REAL testing, not throw it against the wall and see what falls out.

I'm now ready to try something, anything else that won't make me sick when I fire it up. Please, please please take a look at this.

WOW ! nice bug report !  :rolleyes:

I to had the same problem. I got around it by not twisting my head all the way around. Stopping it just before it got to the full 6 view I had the same view as those saved on my keys.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: track-ir bug - pls HTC give a look at this
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 09:48:16 PM »
It seems like HTC just needs to tweak the settings a little. The way my TIR is set up I didn't even notice the issue until lulu pointed it out. When your head isn't fully back everything is normal.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: TRACK IR is nerfed
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 09:52:23 PM »
This is ridiculous. I don't know what is intended or not but it comes across as a VERY CLUMSY attempt to do social engineering.

lol what?  :huh

on topic: sucks that TIR is broken for AH, please fix it within the next two months for when I will actually have my TIR back ;)
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 05:19:22 AM »

------------------

O -------------------->

------------------

This is a picture of a pilot into the cockpit and he is loking forward.  Fig. 1

-------------------
      O ------------------->

-------------------

Same pilot but with shoulders on left.  (Fig. 2)

There exist also this configuration:

--------------------
       <---------------O

-------------------

where pilot is looking back and his shoulders are on left   (Fig 3)

Well, in past AH version this views were non losted if the pilot O moved himself back or forward.
Now it's the opposite expecially in f41-x.

The problem arises also when in those positions the pilot look around yaw axis because a little amount of the head
rotation can be seen by track-ir as a z displacement.

During a fight this is a very big problem.

Another thing.
This new settings costrain players to stay centered too near the gauges.

I don't want to annoyng nobody with this.
So I will wait  the events.

TY all.

:salute

P.S.:

Clerick, you know as I know that Track-ir has a centering function such that you can put  its antenna where you want - not only at the center of your monitor I mean but also on the right or left.
mobilis in mobile

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 06:59:02 AM »
... Clerick, you know as I know that Track-ir has a centering function such that you can put  its antenna where you want - not only at the center of your monitor I mean but also on the right or left.

I am well aware of this. I also know that if your track clip/reflectors aren't centered in the camera's view you will get all kinds of weird anomalies, regardless of where you have the camera placed.

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 07:23:24 AM »

O   <-------   head with reflectors

TIR                    TIR                    TIR          < ---- possibles TIR positions on your monitor

How reflectors could be not centered in TIR camera's view ??? (if you can hit the centering button)

O (head) and TIR positions are relative to each other.

mobilis in mobile

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 08:06:55 AM »
I am well aware of this. I also know that if your track clip/reflectors aren't centered in the camera's view you will get all kinds of weird anomalies, regardless of where you have the camera placed.

The reason your not seeing this is because you have the "Roll" axis off, and your "Y" (move up and down) and "Z" (move forward and backward) axis turn down to nothing. I have your profile remember  :P

I think it is something with the standard rear view getting confused with the "saved" rear view. There is a conflict between the two. As the view pans back in the game your view is heading to the "saved" 6 view, but when you hit the full extension of the pan it jumps to and almost locks to the default 6 view.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2012, 12:01:56 PM »

O   <-------   head with reflectors

TIR                    TIR                    TIR          < ---- possibles TIR positions on your monitor

How reflectors could be not centered in TIR camera's view ??? (if you can hit the centering button)

O (head) and TIR positions are relative to each other.

Pressing the center button only tells the computer what center should be, it doesn't physically center your head in the camera's view. Your camera should look like this;
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:09:10 PM by clerick »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2012, 12:08:56 PM »
Cleric my TIR is precisely physically centered and I have the same issue lulu reported. Fugitive has a reasonable theory as to why you're not seeing the same thing.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 12:10:15 PM »
Cleric my TIR is precisely physically centered and I have the same issue lulu reported. Fugitive has a reasonable theory as to why you're not seeing the same thing.

I've been trying to recreate this. I have even played with my profile settings and I can't. Just trying to narrow it down to some common denominator.

Offline Hamltnblue

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 12:37:19 PM »
Since the update affected trackir is it possible all that is neeed is an adjustment to the profile?
Maybe those affected could try the basic profile first and adjust up from there.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2012, 01:15:23 PM »
I came across this issue last night, but only in bubble canopied aircraft. I haven't had this issue with either the -1 corsair, P38, or the G2.
I don't know if the cage is giving me some sort of visual cue that I'm not getting in a bubble canopy. I do know that it messes me up so much that I'm avoiding planes with bubble canopies right now. 
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2012, 01:24:35 PM »
I came across this issue last night, but only in bubble canopied aircraft. I haven't had this issue with either the -1 corsair, P38, or the G2.
I don't know if the cage is giving me some sort of visual cue that I'm not getting in a bubble canopy. I do know that it messes me up so much that I'm avoiding planes with bubble canopies right now. 

It doesn't affect the P-38's or birdcage canopies in my testing.  It also doesn't affect bombers or fighters without the updated graphics.

Since the update affected trackir is it possible all that is neeed is an adjustment to the profile?
Maybe those affected could try the basic profile first and adjust up from there.

I played with the Z axis setting but limiting your head movement to avoid the bug still limits your head movement, it's just a different limit.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2012, 01:31:55 PM »
You can check out a quick video I posted on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r29c6pWNvBg&feature=youtu.be

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron, My Little Pony
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 01:15:54 AM »
Sorry, I'm more than a little frustrated. :)

Due to the "improvements" of the past 6 weeks, I've probably spent 40+ hours trying to get the game functionality back to what it was when we started this. Can't seem to get to there because another "improvement" comes along and puts me back again. These are hours that I would normally be playing and hopefully enjoying myself but they are just going down the drain to end up with nothing.

In this case I can tell you what doesn't work. I've:
1. Attempted adjustment of the X, Y, and Z curves on TrackIR 4.
2. Uninstalled TrackIR4, installed TrackIR 5.
3. Attempted adjustment of the X, Y, and Z curves on TrackIR 5.
4. Uninstalled and reinstalled TrackIR 5.
5. Attempted adjustment of the X, Y, and Z curves on TrackIR 5
6. Created a new profile from scratch in Track IR 5. I've also tried updating my original TrackIR 4 profile.
7. Reinstalled TrackIR 4.
8. Attempted adjustment of the X, Y, and Z curves on TrackIR 4

The entired time my head stays pinned to the headrest. Hard to do ACM if you can't see behind you. :)

I figure if I'm having this experience and getting this frustrated there are others having the same experience and just leaving. Not everyone can be this masochistic. It definitely seems to be something that happens as soon as the game fires up. Everything works fine in TrackIR in both versions. Fugitive's theory seems to fit what is happening. Does this only happen if you have roll turned off? I've noticed that even with roll turned off the view still rolls which is beyond wierd. Would it work to unsave the rear view?

The solid gold question seems to be, why? I'm considering taking up bridge or playing on the Xbox. Neither is as much fun but both are reliable and do what is expected. At lease I won't walk away with a headache every day.
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
Longest continuously operating MMO squadron
Serving your target needs since 1990
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G