Author Topic: Opinions on 12 hour switch times  (Read 6566 times)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Re: Opinions on 12 hour switch times
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2012, 02:12:37 PM »
And Leviathn if you wouldn't mind could you please tell me why you stopped playing this game? What process lead you quit something you clearly at some stage very much enjoyed?

I suppose I could, and it's really not very exciting, but I'm unsure how that's relevant to this discussion.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2012, 02:14:15 PM »
I suppose I could, and it's really not very exciting, but I'm unsure how that's relevant to this discussion.
I want to know why too!!
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2012, 02:18:30 PM »

How old are they now?  :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2012, 02:22:25 PM »
How old are they now?  :)

Did I miss an opportunity to congratulate?

Congrats, T!  :)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2012, 02:23:23 PM »

If its as boring as I simply got bored with it, then yeah I'd like to hear it. Its relevent because I am bored flying around looking for fights, I found them by switching sides, something I can no longer do frequently. I want to keep on playing Aces High I still find the fights exciting, when I can find them.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2012, 02:32:41 PM »
Perhaps you could just ask HiTech himself the rationale for the change in a private message.  Somebody in this thread did, and it wasn't you.

I don't want to get to far into content of PMs but yes I have communicated with him on this at the time it happened, last July I think.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2012, 02:41:42 PM »
I still find the fights exciting, when I can find them.

Want a fight? Just jump on these forums.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2012, 02:42:10 PM »
If its as boring as I simply got bored with it, then yeah I'd like to hear it. Its relevent because I am bored flying around looking for fights, I found them by switching sides, something I can no longer do frequently. I want to keep on playing Aces High I still find the fights exciting, when I can find them.

I have three kids.  My youngest was born in 2007, shortly after I became gainfully employed full-time.  Ace High is the kind of game that, for me, required a big time commitment in order to play at the level I enjoyed.  We're talking going to bed at 3am every night kind of stuff after just "one more sortie."  Three kids and a full time job means something had to give, so AH gave.  That and the fact that after 10+ years of first AW and AH, this kind of game had essentially run its course for me.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2012, 02:43:03 PM »
I heard DMF/Levi quit AH to play WoW

everybody point and laugh :)
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2012, 02:56:35 PM »
I think the real question is...

how many AH accounts does levi have....  :noid ;)
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2012, 03:06:51 PM »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2012, 04:14:14 PM »
A good example of the 12 hour limit hurting play, I was flying with a squadie and a couple of friends as Rook. Another friend logged on and was a knight, as is the rest of his squad. He only had time for a few flights. As there weren't any of his squad on at the time he "could" have switched to fly with us, as we could he switched to fly with him. The problem is later that night we all were looking forward to flying with squadmates. With the 12 hour rule none of us could switch. It's a rotten decision you have to make due to the rule.

I think if the rule was set to 3 hours it wouldn't make those decisions that hard any more, nor would the people switching add to "wild fluctuations" in the population per side.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2012, 06:32:12 PM »

ok man, you seem like me and want a good fight...but I just looked on the DFC roster and don't see your name :headscratch:

Some of the very best fights are had from the DFC members....join up and show us you want a fight, for we all know that is where its at in AH.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2012, 06:37:37 PM »
ok man, you seem like me and want a good fight...but I just looked on the DFC roster and don't see your name :headscratch:

Some of the very best fights are had from the DFC members....join up and show us you want a fight, for we all know that is where its at in AH.

whats a ladder without this years current TOC champion?   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2012, 06:38:26 PM »
whats a ladder without this years current TOC champion?   

right  :rock