Author Topic: Getting rid of my demon - whole computer - runs this game max at 60fps  (Read 7196 times)

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
As you know my wife left me 4 weeks ago tomorrow.  I was clueless and she wouldn't speak to me at all.  I didn't know what language to speak to her in.  Actually we went through the divorce paperwork this week, and I just couldn't go through with it.  After talking to about 50 people about it and my wife wouldn't talk to me at all 2 of my female friends told me to watch the movie "Fireproof" and get the book "Love Dare"(books still in mail haven't received it yet).   I had no idea I was so blind and neglected my wife, I can't believe shes stayed with my for 10 years.  My computer I took out the loan around December for 1500 and spent about 200 more out of my bank account without her permission just done it.   I then played Aces High til 3a.m. in the morning without speaking to her at night and then World of Tanks.  She moved out for good reason, I'm now making up for the previous 10 years I've neglected her speaking her language that I didnt have a concept about.  She received flowers today at work and I got a thanks........no love you and I didn't expect to get that but I got a text with a "thanks" I got a smile out of that.  You know in 10 years I think thats the 2nd time I've sent flowers to her work, I just always told her.  That movie spoke so much volumes to me that I can't put it into words. 

So now on topic I'm selling my computer for 1450 dollars my payoff, I'm putting it on ebay next monday so you got until then to let me know if you want it, send me a email if you want pics.  This computer will run world of tanks at 100fps maxed out and AH at 59/60 maxed out.  It boots windows completely in 3 seconds incredibly fast.  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,324172.0.html theres the topic to see what components is used.  Its completely put together and ready to go, I'm letting all my demons go so I can focus on my family.  This computer was my main demon.  Its a great deal, its a great computer TD, Porkypig, and TC help me setup everything to run great, thanks to them for their help as well.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:22:06 PM by TnDep »
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
craigslist would be another option and it is free advertisment. good luck
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
Family first bro.  Good choice.  Good luck selling the rig.   :salute
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Sorry to hear this TnDep.

Good luck to you sir.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
As you know my wife left me 4 weeks ago tomorrow.  I was clueless and she wouldn't speak to me at all.  I didn't know what language to speak to her in.  Actually we went through the divorce paperwork this week, and I just couldn't go through with it.  After talking to about 50 people about it and my wife wouldn't talk to me at all 2 of my female friends told me to watch the movie "Fireproof" and get the book "Love Dare"(books still in mail haven't received it yet).   I had no idea I was so blind and neglected my wife, I can't believe shes stayed with my for 10 years.  My computer I took out the loan around December for 1500 and spent about 200 more out of my bank account without her permission just done it.   I then played Aces High til 3a.m. in the morning without speaking to her at night and then World of Tanks.  She moved out for good reason, I'm now making up for the previous 10 years I've neglected her speaking her language that I didnt have a concept about.  She received flowers today at work and I got a thanks........no love you and I didn't expect to get that but I got a text with a "thanks" I got a smile out of that.  You know in 10 years I think thats the 2nd time I've sent flowers to her work, I just always told her.  That movie spoke so much volumes to me that I can't put it into words. 

So now on topic I'm selling my computer for 1450 dollars my payoff, I'm putting it on ebay next monday so you got until then to let me know if you want it, send me a email if you want pics.  This computer will run world of tanks at 100fps maxed out and AH at 59/60 maxed out.  It boots windows completely in 3 seconds incredibly fast.  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,324172.0.html theres the topic to see what components is used.  Its completely put together and ready to go, I'm letting all my demons go so I can focus on my family.  This computer was my main demon.  Its a great deal, its a great computer TD, Porkypig, and TC help me setup everything to run great, thanks to them for their help as well.

Back in 2002 I had to make the same choice. Either her or AH. I quit playing for over a year and after that spent max 10% of the time I used to online.

Good luck, don't give up hope if you really love her.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
well I think she'll be more shocked today, shes a teacher so I'm sure all the other little teachers huddled around her yesterday saying don't give in to them flowers hes trying to butter you up, shes getting a big gift today so I can only imagine what the other teachers are going to say to her, wish I could hear it.  I'm guessing "if hes going to treat you like this when you leave, you just need to stay gone" something to that effect  :lol

Take care guys

~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Don't worry about them at all bud. You are doing the right thing; I didn't slow down my game time because of my wife but she has reaped the benefits of that slow down on my part.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
TnDep are you getting rid of your rig because of financial hardship or to prove to your wife you are serious?

If the latter, perhaps you don't need to abandon your hobby completely and cutting back
drastically would suffice.

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
TnDep are you getting rid of your rig because of financial hardship or to prove to your wife you are serious?

If the latter, perhaps you don't need to abandon your hobby completely and cutting back
drastically would suffice.

No, he is making the right decision.

:salute :salute TnDep   :cheers:

AKNOT

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member

After reading the movie description, I understand the parallels better.
In any case, I'm sure you know your situation best.

:salute
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:11:48 PM by jimson »

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: Getting rid of my demon - whole computer - runs this game max at 60fps
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 05:06:41 PM »

I agree.  If saving his marriage is the goal, half assing it won't help.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 05:19:55 PM »
Right on with the flowers, then another surprise. They love this and it speak to them. Stay in touch and keep us up to date. You have a whole crew of virtual fighter jocks rooting for you!

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 05:43:39 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXjxnaH8Yk Turn it from this....

to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrW7dlDHH28 this.

Good luck TnDep. But no matter what, *WE* all love you.  :aok

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 06:52:59 PM »
I agree.  If saving his marriage is the goal, half assing it won't help.

Yeah, your'e probably right, but a man needs to keep a bit of himself too and hobbies are important. I'm going with a moderation approach. I plan on flying from 6-8pm tonight MST, so I'll have dinner about done by the time she gets home at 5:30 and will watch some insipid TV show with her and the daughter afterwards.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:56:59 PM by jimson »

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 06:55:36 PM »