Author Topic: KI-84 ? Is it Dissed?  (Read 18407 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: KI-84 ? Is it Dissed?
« Reply #195 on: August 24, 2012, 12:57:01 PM »
I feel this thread has rather been diverted from its original intention  :lol
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »
I feel this thread has rather been diverted from its original intention  :lol

:rofl
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2012, 06:08:52 PM »
Assume I say they take 5.5 Gs worth of load in a 3 G turn, and 8.5 Gs of load in a 6 G turn, where do you come up with a 30° flex?

:headscratch:
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #198 on: September 10, 2012, 07:12:44 PM »
 What do you think?

The silliness of what you are saying can be summed by this: Can you see the difference in wing flexing from 3 Gs to 6 Gs? It is probably visible, but not by much...

The wings are made to take 12-14 Gs without permanent deformation: Assume I say they take 5.5 Gs worth of load in a 3 G turn, and 8.5 Gs of load in a 6 G turn, where do you come up with a 30° flex?

The real issue woud be the extra drag, but then extra drag compared to what? If it's compared to a jet, then that woud explain why a same wingload Vampire easiy out-turns a Spitfire Mk XIV (gaining about 90° per 360, which is huge) despite the fact that the Spitfire doesn't lose thrust at lower speeds, and has the superior extra power to easily out-climb it by a wide margin...

People clinging to their theories point out the Vampire has about a 4% lesser wingoad, leading naturally to a 20-25% gain in turn time I'm sure :lol

Gaston

Anytime you want to make your own Sim........oh yeah I forgot.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline firemike

• Zinc Member
« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2012, 07:37:52 AM »
When I fight a Ki-84 i always seem to be facing a great pilot and I always die I fly the 84 as well and it's a great aircraft mainly in turn and climb

Offline Gaston

• Copper Member
« Reply #200 on: November 20, 2012, 04:31:36 PM »
Enough silliness.

The Spitfire XIV vs Vampire tests

Vampire I climbed just as well as the Spitfire XIV, if not a little better, had much more power and lower wing loading...

Gaston, you believe RAF tests when you think they support your conclusions, but ignore them when they don't. Why is that?

And where did you get that the Spitfire Mk XIV does not outclimb the Vampire?

It starts out at 5500 ft/min vs 4800 ft/min for the Vampire, and only goes below 4800 ft/min. at around 18 000 ft.

http://www.spitfireperformance.com/spit14climbchart.jpg

I think it was actually stated in the comparison that the Spitfire XIV outclimbed the Vampire.

Besides, nothing in the climb rate differences or the wingload differences explains the 25% gain per 360° that the Vampire enjoys in sustained low-speed turns, with a specified smaller turn radius achieved by the Vampire (NOT higher speed on a broader radius).

Gaston

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #201 on: November 20, 2012, 04:44:33 PM »
Gaston,

You never responded to the questions about where you think a magical extra 2.5 Gs of loading come from in a 3 G turn.  You stated that you believe something that is physically impossible.  I would really like to know why you think a 3 G turn could produce 5.5 Gs of loading.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Jabberwock

• Copper Member
« Reply #202 on: November 20, 2012, 05:51:49 PM »
 And where did you get that the Spitfire Mk XIV does not outclimb the Vampire?

It starts out at 5500 ft/min vs 4800 ft/min for the Vampire, and only goes below 4800 ft/min. at around 18 000 ft.

http://www.spitfireperformance.com/spit14climbchart.jpg

Congratulations Gaston, you've just proved your total inability to read a graph.

If you'd bothered to read it correctly, you'd see that the Mk XIV has a 4,700 ft/min rate of climb in the graph as denoted by the line with the short dash, long line combination.

In comparison, the Hornet Mk I has the 5500 ft/min rate of climb, as denoted by the solid black line.

No Vampire on that graph at all

Whoopsie daisy!

I think it was actually stated in the comparison that the Spitfire XIV outclimbed the Vampire.

Prove it.

Just for once…

Besides, nothing in the climb rate differences or the wingload differences explains the 25% gain per 360° that the Vampire enjoys in sustained low-speed turns, with a specified smaller turn radius achieved by the Vampire (NOT higher speed on a broader radius).

Gaston

Tempest V vs Meteor III trials also show that a jet can turn inside a prop and gain a firing solution in four turns.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:18:19 PM by Jabberwock »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: November 20, 2012, 10:38:19 PM »
Gaston! 

What about my 'Humming Bird' theory of wing flexing? I thought you could work that into your anti-physics dissertation somewhere.

This is an anomaly though surely, I mean how does this figure into your short nosed-prop disk theory, since the Vampire doesn't have one (a prop disk I mean, not a nose, of course it has a nose otherwise how would it smell, lolz)?

So anyway Gaston, what is your opinion on the Ki-84? Would you say it is dissed amongst the active players of Aces High?
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234