Author Topic: Me410 / Yak-3 status?  (Read 2093 times)

Offline _RaVeN_

• Zinc Member
Me410 / Yak-3 status?
« on: March 31, 2012, 09:22:33 PM »
I know i know 2 weeks right. well I'd like to hear what HiTech or skuzzy has to say about them. They in testing? Model still being layed out/designed? Or is the whole thing being scrapped?

Would be nice for the community to have a monthly or quarterly status of what HiTech HQ is doing to improve gameplay / add things to the game behind the scenes.. Just a quick update gives many old and new players a like something extra to stick around for

just my 2 cents

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Me410 / Yak-3 status?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 09:29:57 PM »
Yak3? When's once when?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 10:14:30 PM »
I know i know 2 weeks right. well I'd like to hear what HiTech or skuzzy has to say about them. They in testing? Model still being layed out/designed? Or is the whole thing being scrapped?

Would be nice for the community to have a monthly or quarterly status of what HiTech HQ is doing to improve gameplay / add things to the game behind the scenes.. Just a quick update gives many old and new players a like something extra to stick around for

just my 2 cents

Then why ask?

You'll know they are close when they release screen shots. Until then you just wait.

Offline Mitsu.

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 11:17:11 PM »

Please report Ki-43 status too!

:D

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 11:29:47 PM »
You guys missed the screenshots on the homepage?

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 11:38:58 PM »
If they ever did give something like that out to us, imagine the complaints and whines when they don't do what they say to the letter and release it to the exact second they said they would.
And, you want them working on the game or wasting time updating us?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 08:23:05 AM »
Screen shots will come when they come.  Probably soonish.

That is for the Me410 though.

How does the Yak-3 factor in?  It lost the vote.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 08:48:09 AM »
We already have the yak3.........it's called the yak9.

Just throttle back when you reach 340mph.

Offline _RaVeN_

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 04:03:47 PM »
We already have the yak3.........it's called the yak9.

Just throttle back when you reach 340mph.

Ice u mistake what the yak3 is. The yak3 was a later version of the yak than the 9 was dont let the numbers confuse you. The yak3 had a larger engin with a higher top speed below 5000meters and was more agile.

and to the person that said the yak3 lost the vote... i realize this but it was second and they have added first and second place votes before in the past so just hoping they do the same thing again this time.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 04:11:58 PM »
Ice u mistake what the yak3 is. The yak3 was a later version of the yak than the 9 was dont let the numbers confuse you. The yak3 had a larger engin with a higher top speed below 5000meters and was more agile.

and to the person that said the yak3 lost the vote... i realize this but it was second and they have added first and second place votes before in the past so just hoping they do the same thing again this time.
Partly correct, partly false.

The Yak-9U has a more powerful engine and the Yak-3 is not a later version.  It was a different line.

-> Yak-7 -> Yak-9
Yak-1 <
               -> Yak-3

The Yak 9 is a development of the Yak-7, which was a development of the Yak-1.  The Yak-3 was a development of the Yak-1 that was lightened to get the most out of its engine.  The Yak-9U has a ~1500hp VK107 engine, the wartime Yak-3 has a ~1300hp VK105 engine, a version of the engine in the Yak-9T.  Due to better streamlining and lower weight it is much faster than the Yak-9T and it climbs better than even the Yak-9U, but it is slower than the Yak-9U as well.  The post way Yak-3 with the VK107 engine had much better performance, but it missed the war.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 04:20:31 PM »
The B-29 took about 6 months for them to make. Assuming they started from about the same place on each, I expect we'll be seeing the Me 410 in a couple of months at most, unless they hit a major snag.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 04:50:04 PM »
I recall the B-29 taking 3-4 months and it was a larger airplane.  It seemed there was less in the queue ahead of it though.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline _RaVeN_

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 04:57:05 PM »
Partly correct, partly false.

The Yak-9U has a more powerful engine and the Yak-3 is not a later version.  It was a different line.

-> Yak-7 -> Yak-9
Yak-1 <
               -> Yak-3

The Yak 9 is a development of the Yak-7, which was a development of the Yak-1.  The Yak-3 was a development of the Yak-1 that was lightened to get the most out of its engine.  The Yak-9U has a ~1500hp VK107 engine, the wartime Yak-3 has a ~1300hp VK105 engine, a version of the engine in the Yak-9T.  Due to better streamlining and lower weight it is much faster than the Yak-9T and it climbs better than even the Yak-9U, but it is slower than the Yak-9U as well.  The post way Yak-3 with the VK107 engine had much better performance, but it missed the war.

Correct, I was talkin with squadies and they brought that to my attention as well but it still is a fact that the yak3 had a better turn rate than the 9 did at low alt due to the lighter and smaller airframe however it was 20-40knots slower than the yak9... a good comparision is really the spit5 vs spit 8 or 9

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 05:02:05 PM »
Do I really have to say it?
Ok........ 2 weeks of course :aok

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »
Correct, I was talkin with squadies and they brought that to my attention as well but it still is a fact that the yak3 had a better turn rate than the 9 did at low alt due to the lighter and smaller airframe however it was 20-40knots slower than the yak9... a good comparision is really the spit5 vs spit 8 or 9

So basically nothing to far differ then the Yak-9 overall except throttle back a tab and since its the same gun package you basically have a Yak-3.

JG 52