Author Topic: Collisions  (Read 12165 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Collisions
« Reply #285 on: April 09, 2012, 02:17:28 PM »
There are no facts, because it hasn't been tried. I'd think this was kind of obvious?

The other sim HiTech coded does it.  It's been tried.  One of the things I liked when I came over here is how it works over here compared to over there.  :aok

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #286 on: April 09, 2012, 02:18:14 PM »
Have I suggested that it should ??? There are no facts, because it hasn't been tried. I'd think this was kind of obvious?
My Paranoia ... Right ... No one HERE is "out to get me" ... are they ... ? Your "question(s), as any debate student will tell you, is loaded to: establish domination, crush argument, force the topic into YOUR context and produce a WIN ... No intelligent person, with an opposed point of view is going to answer directly. I think my understanding of the current collision model has been ably demonstrated ... and yet you persist.
:cool:

What you have demonstrated is why I asked the question I did.  You have not demonstrated a clear understanding of the collision system.  The most recent failing is not recognizing a flim as being a factual representation of the collision system.

I persist as there have been other, I will call 'oddities', in you addressing this system.  So my basis for the question remains.  To get a baseline of understanding from where everyone would benefit in a discussion.

I find your idea, of what my motives are, rather interesting.  Very far from the truth, but interesting.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:20:03 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #287 on: April 09, 2012, 02:21:15 PM »
It would not be consistent. If you want it to be 100% consistent with what you ask, bullets fired by one player would do damage in 2 different places. So you would see your bullets completely miss the airplane, but still damage the other plane
Hmmm ... I don't think so? ... my consideration is that just like the Gun Damge Model in use now, Collision Damage on either front end be applied on BOTH front ends ... Seems consistant? Not asking that the GUN DAMAGE model be changed.
:salute
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #288 on: April 09, 2012, 02:22:45 PM »
Hmmm ... I don't think so? ... my consideration is that just like the Gun Damge Model in use now, Collision Damage on either front end be applied on BOTH front ends ... Seems consistant? Not asking that the GUN DAMAGE model be changed.

He really, really doesn't get it...     :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wW6rENTfaU
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #289 on: April 09, 2012, 02:30:33 PM »
I find your idea, of what my motives are, rather interesting.  Very far from the truth, but interesting.
You get paid to keep the wheels greased ... say what must be said ... ignore what must be ignored ... diplomatically when possible.
I guess you do a good job at it ... You've been very helpfull at times and I appreciate it. Sorry if I remain a bit squeaky
:rock

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #290 on: April 09, 2012, 02:32:16 PM »

That isn't HiTech's point.  The point he is making is that in your system there would be two volumes of space, one on each player's computer, that would result in a collision and both players going down whereas there would only be one volume of space that would result in bullets hitting, the one on the shooter's computer.

If I open fire on you and clearly miss on my computer but the rounds pass through you on your computer, you take no damage.  Under your system if I flew by you, clearly missing on your computer, but hit you on my computer you would go down.  So your advertised consistency is not there.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:34:38 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #291 on: April 09, 2012, 02:34:30 PM »
Easier to avoid than a collision ... BS STINKS ...
:uhoh

From that admission, you're admitting your logic is nothing more than smelly BS.

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #292 on: April 09, 2012, 02:37:48 PM »
EVZ,

Do you honestly think that we are all either stupid, players posting in the thread, or disingenuous in motive and accuracy, HTC posters in the thread?  You are strongly coming across like that now.  It is as though you have a very high estimation of your own intelligence and a dismissively low estimation of anybody who disagrees with you.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #293 on: April 09, 2012, 02:43:39 PM »
You get paid to keep the wheels greased ... say what must be said ... ignore what must be ignored ... diplomatically when possible.
I guess you do a good job at it ... You've been very helpfull at times and I appreciate it. Sorry if I remain a bit squeaky ...
:rock

Ok that launch was more than a few miles off target.  Might want to get the sites adjusted and try again.

In threads, like this, my priority is to make sure accurate information is being foisted on the unsuspecting reader.

The question I asked you, was designed to give your own idea a strong base to build from, if the idea really had merit.  When I read through this thread, you wander a bit and there are some contridictions as well.  At times, you have been your own worst enemy.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #294 on: April 09, 2012, 02:55:33 PM »
That isn't HiTech's point.  The point he is making is that in your system there would be two volumes of space, one on each player's computer, that would result in a collision and both players going down whereas there would only be one volume of space that would result in bullets hitting, the one on the shooter's computer.
BOTH planes are (usually) CAPABLE of firing guns and there are 2 volumes of space (one on each computer) where they CAN do damage, just as there are 2 volumes of space (one on each computer) in which a collision can occur ... The difference being that when using guns, the collision  may only be with bullets (no foul).

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #295 on: April 09, 2012, 03:07:11 PM »
BOTH planes are (usually) CAPABLE of firing guns and there are 2 volumes of space (one on each computer) where they CAN do damage, just as there are 2 volumes of space (one on each computer) in which a collision can occur ... The difference being that when using guns, the collision  may only be with bullets (no foul).
Wrong.  When you fire your guns the hits only cause damage if they happen on your computer.  If you miss on your computer and hit on his computer you do no damage.

In determining guns damage, the only objects that matter are the ones on the shooter's computer.  So when firing at an airplane you have a single volume of space as a target, not two.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:09:29 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #296 on: April 09, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »
It is as though you have a very high estimation of your own intelligence and a dismissively low estimation of anybody who disagrees with you.
People with inferiority complexs and/or low self esteem often accuse the person they are confronting of acting superior ... Your own internal projection... Low estimation? No ... mutual respect is the accepted coversational norm ... it's a bit lacking hereabouts ... Many BBS system / moderators wouldn't tolerate what goes on.
:confused:

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #297 on: April 09, 2012, 03:16:40 PM »
Wrong.  When you fire your guns the hits only cause damage if they happen on your computer.
Ok let me rephrase that for you, english allows multi-parsing of phrases, but some people don't take the time to consider that.
- "there are 2 volumes of space where they CAN do damage, (one on each computer)" -

In determining guns damage, the only objects that matter are the ones on the shooter's computer.  So when firing at an airplane you have a single volume of space as a target, not two.
See how that works?
:pray

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #298 on: April 09, 2012, 03:18:07 PM »
No ... mutual respect is the accepted coversational norm ... it's a bit lacking hereabouts ... :confused:

Funny you speak of respect! :lol

Dude at what point have you shown anyone here a shred of respect since the day you started? I don't know how it works where you're from but from where I'm from respect is earned. Give some ya get some. At that point it becomes mutual. Walking in the door of this long established community some months ago spouting off at the mouth about how we all have it wrong and yours is the only way possible and then never backing off of that even a little bit didn't earn you much. But---that's a good thing right?
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #299 on: April 09, 2012, 03:20:10 PM »
Funny you speak of respect! :lol
I din't really expect you to comprehend.
:)