Author Topic: TrackIR and 2.27.5  (Read 810 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: TrackIR and 2.27.5
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 06:35:08 PM »
Actually it was 2 test versions. I didn't have time to test the second one as much as I did the first one.

ColTomb caught the F10 bug in the second test.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:38:07 PM by FLS »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 08:42:03 PM »
Is this specific to using 6-axis mode with True View enabled in the TrackIR GUI profile and either a TR4 or TR5 camera? I'm using a TR3 Pro camera in 2-axis mode. I don't experience any of these problems while using the TR5 GUI. I can CTRL_F5 to disable tracking in the game. Then adjust my views per the Num_Keys and F10 to save. When I CTRL_F1 to resume TrackIR those views inherit with no problems. As for centering, instead of using F9, I have mapped the TR centering Key provided by the game to a button on my joystick. This is the default centering key combo of Ctrl_F4 from the keyboard map GUI.
----------------------------------------
Joystick Map GUI or file (Aces High\Settings\chfighterstickusb.jsm)<---orr whatever brand you use.
Button 6
VIEW,TRACKER_CENTER

Keyboard Map GUI or file (Aces High\Settings\VIEW.kmp)
TRACKER_CENTER,CTRL,KEY_F4

Have any of you picked the TR5 GUI generic flight or combat profile before starting the game to see if it works in the game versus your custom profiles?

Do I need to test my old TR3 Pro hardware in the TR5 GUI 6-axis True View mode? The difference in hardware from 3, 4 and 5 is the horizontal FoV and the max pixel resolutions. I doubt USB device type matters. TR3 is USB1. I cannot find info on TR4/5. they could be USB1.1 or 2. This does not look like USB type conflicts being reported.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 08:54:53 PM »
Is this specific to using 6-axis mode with True View enabled in the TrackIR GUI profile and either a TR4 or TR5 camera? I'm using a TR3 Pro camera in 2-axis mode. I don't experience any of these problems while using the TR5 GUI. I can CTRL_F5 to disable tracking in the game. Then adjust my views per the Num_Keys and F10 to save. When I CTRL_F1 to resume TrackIR those views inherit with no problems. As for centering, instead of using F9, I have mapped the TR centering Key provided by the game to a button on my joystick. This is the default centering key combo of Ctrl_F4 from the keyboard map GUI.
Joystick Map GUI or file (Aces High\Settings\chfighterstickusb.jsm)<---orr whatever brand you use.
Button 6
VIEW,TRACKER_CENTER

Keyboard Map GUI or file (Aces High\Settings\VIEW.kmp)
TRACKER_CENTER,CTRL,KEY_F4

Have any of you picked the TR5 GUI generic flight or combat profile before starting the game to see if it works in the game versus your custom profiles?

Do I need to test my old TR3 Pro hardware in the TR5 GUI 6-axis True View mode? The difference in hardware from 3, 4 and 5 is the horizontal FoV and the max pixel resolutions. I doubt USB device type matters. TR3 is USB1. I cannot find info on TR4/5. they could be USB1.1 or 2. This does not look like USB type conflicts being reported.

I don't really understand how a TrackIR profile could cause it to be impossible to center to an F10 preset. 

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 09:25:36 PM »
I've got TIR4 hardware and using TIR5 software. I use 6DOF without Trueview and never had issues. I just tested with a P-40 (since I'm supposed to fly it this Friday in FSO). I turned off roll...no difference. I turned off Y axis (up/down)...no difference. I turned on Trueview...no difference except I had to turn on the AH option for TIR move relative in the view settings. I even renamed my hps file so the game would revert to the built-in default head positions. I even moved my head as low as I could and re-centered my TIR. It only moved up something like 3 inches.

The issue is the size and placement of the center of the TIR sphere in the cockpit. I can see my view move up and down - around 3 inches worth in the cockpit - but it's like I'm a 6-year-old sitting in the plane and cannot get my head high enough to see over the instrument panel.

EDIT:
I just tried the default profile in my TIR software and it did not change any behavior.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:29:48 PM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 10:01:55 PM »
I don't really understand how a TrackIR profile could cause it to be impossible to center to an F10 preset. 

Ellimination of everything possible at each end of the application and hardware relationship.

You have two applications interacting to enable you to utilise the camera and it's results from inside of the game. Three if you count the OS. Changed anything major in your OS at the time of the patch? Breaking it into descrete steps rather then general phazes defined by your memory of the incident works better. Eventualy it removes solving the human factor from the problem solving of the hardware or software.

As the programer works behind the sceans it's still best to keep the human factor solved and out of the solution process. Otherwise human nature is not kind and short on patience while feeling betrayed by a previously trouble free application that was changed and percieved now unsuccessful.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 04:31:47 AM »
Bustr the problem seems to be that in a few aircraft the TIR default head position is at the bottom of the range of movement instead of in the middle. If it was a TIR issue it would likely affect all the aircraft instead of just a few.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2012, 06:04:47 AM »
Knew there was a reason I didn't like 6-axis view mode.

Just finished testing all of the fighters in 6-axis mode. You are right it's a boundry issue with primarily birdcage canopies. The increased ball size is not compatable with the narrowing at the top of the birdcages which seems to hold your default forward view about a head too low. On some of them it touches the headrest/back plate too soon becasue of the new ball size limiting your motion. I'm assuming a ball is an acceptable aligory rather than the possiblity it's a 3D 6-axis vector map with increased max runouts.

You are not aware of any of that in 2-axis mode. The increased boundry on bubble style canopies in 2-axis translates into better rear 180 views inherited from the (hps) file in many fighters. If you are impatient waiting for a fix, switch your TR profile to 2-axis mode(pitch and yaw only, no True view) then inherit your rear view from your saved F10 position in your (hps) file. Just change to (Use Snap View Padlock) from TR Realtive View in the game. At least you will be able to use your birdcage or other ride until the next patch and your gunsight won't slide around every time you breath.

I think the guys with suddenly constant CTD, unplayabley low FPS or the game won't launch on their PC anymore since the last few patches might need a patch a bit more urgently. At least you can run the game and get into the arenas and have a short term workaround available while you wait for the next patch.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Chauncy

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 11:12:12 AM »
Jump to this thread:

Possible fix.  I tested it in p38 and p40...worked for me....so far anyway.  Will not know until I get into a fight and hit all my buttons.
That is usually when I find that something doesn't work....at the worst possible time.
But it seems to save head position so far anyway.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,331687.0.html

Chauncy
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 11:22:26 AM by Chauncy »

Got Dolphins?