Author Topic: Film Viewer part 2  (Read 767 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Film Viewer part 2
« on: April 14, 2012, 08:39:37 AM »
 hi guys......and thanks HT!! you got it up and running.......sort of.

last night, i flew in mw, before going to fly in the fso. in between the 2, i logged out, and went to the film viewer. it played one of the mw films perfectly. i opened the film i sent to HTC, and it worked perfectly. till about the 16 minute mark. then it crashed the viewer again.

i logged in, and flew fso, recorded about 16 minutes of flight.......afterwards, i played it. it crashed at about the 6 minute mark.

something i noted......when i open film viewer, it always gives me that blank horizon. when i open a film within, i keep that blank horizon till it loads the initial view of the film. last night, it was going from that blank horizon, to white, to the horizon, to the initial view.

hope this helps a little......and thanks for taking time to look at this.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Film Viewer part 2
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 11:11:11 AM »
I recorded my Scenario run last night, all 2 hours and 30 minutes - ONLY when I get near the P-38s in the film it crashes, I can watch the entire film up to that point - and after.

Interesting.
JG 52

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 03:30:00 PM »
Same here. Was able to view my film from last night's WSDG frame until about the time we engaged then it froze. Maybe 3 mins in. Same result as last week's FSO.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 01:26:17 AM »
Same here -- can't play much film before the film viewer crashes on me.

I am a heavy user of the film viewer for doing pictorials for every frame of scenarios, like this:

http://electraforge.com/brooke/flightsims/scenarios/201110_enemyCoastAhead/aar_frame2.htm

But I can't do pictorials currently.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 08:19:35 AM »
yesterday i tried the film from sat. frame 1. it's 45 minutes long. at approx. the 16 minute mark, it crashes. i reloaded it, and then dragged the slider to the 30 minute mark. it played till approx. the 32-33 minute mark. then crashed. and again when i repeated that procedure.
 i also noted, that once the enemies(a bunch o 109's) got near, it got stuttery again, as if i were having frame rate problems. but i wasn't. in real time, everything was glassy smooth.

on the plus side.....like i said.....everything else seems to be working better now.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 11:03:42 AM »
I get to the 2 hour 15 minute mark, Right before I engage the P-38s it locks up, only way to view it is if i fast forward to a minute or two later when I was engaging a few tempests and about to roll behind LilMak - then it freezes again and crashes.

Do I need to zip and send my film in? Maybe there's something that can be fixed to prevent this?
JG 52

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 11:23:41 AM »
I get to the 2 hour 15 minute mark, Right before I engage the P-38s it locks up, only way to view it is if i fast forward to a minute or two later when I was engaging a few tempests and about to roll behind LilMak - then it freezes again and crashes.

Do I need to zip and send my film in? Maybe there's something that can be fixed to prevent this?

ht still has my original film. what i'll do, is to load that film to mediafire, and post the link here, to see if anyone else has problems with it.

i suspect they're working on the issue, and didn't intend this to be a complaint.....but i also know from diagnosing cars....the more info we can get out there relating to the problem, the easier we make it for them to help us.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 12:33:04 PM »
I tried installing latest versions of nVidia drivers and rebooting, but it didn't change anything.  Still crashes of film viewer, seemingly when I'm in fights.  Even if I slider bar past the first crash point, once I get into the next fight, it crashes again.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 01:22:09 PM »
Before the viewer crashes, it seems that the frame rate becomes quite low, and it crashes in the same spot whether I have it on regular play or one notch of fast forward, and whether I am using in-cockpit view or external view.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 07:56:31 PM »
Before the viewer crashes, it seems that the frame rate becomes quite low, and it crashes in the same spot whether I have it on regular play or one notch of fast forward, and whether I am using in-cockpit view or external view.

same here
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 08:05:59 PM »
I have had a couple of crashes my self. There seems to be a couple problems right now. I hope they get fixed soon.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 08:58:32 AM »
Can't find the film, Cap1.  Can someone send in a film that crashes - the shorter the better.  Send it to support@hitechcreations.com

- sudz

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 09:51:34 AM »
Can't find the film, Cap1.  Can someone send in a film that crashes - the shorter the better.  Send it to support@hitechcreations.com

- sudz

i'll re-send the one i first sent to ht. it's a bit long. what i'll try to do tonight, is to trim it down to the part where it crashes. if it still crashes, then i'll send the short version.

thank ya sir!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 02:28:25 PM »
I'll see if I can get a segment from mine that crashes my computer (as the whole film is very long).

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 10:36:30 AM »

I don't understand this either, the FPS becomes horribly jerky in the film viewer, yet my FPS on my System doesn't drop below 150......
JG 52