Author Topic: Trinity Map Sucks  (Read 4236 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Trinity Map Sucks
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 07:09:35 AM »
Trinity  :bolt:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 07:14:10 AM »
In my opinion it is the least fun, yet it seems to spend more time as the current map than any other by far.  Does a map win reset trinity more often than it times out?  I think it stagnates.
:lol well if you guys wouldn't roll all the bases up on the good maps we wouldn't be stuck in the sucky ones for so long. How about you and your multi-wing squad get to rolling the Trinity map bases? Oh i forgot..you can't because you have nowhere to hide and you'll be met headon with defenders.

P.S. they have a terrific map in Early War right now. If ya hurry, you can flip that map by noon!  :x  ;)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 07:16:12 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 08:29:56 AM »
What a bunch of panty waste!!!   :lol

Trinity is one of the best maps we have.  What isn't there to like about it?  Plenty of places to have gv battles (albeit even the cursed V135), and truth be told it has the BEST tank town AH has to offer.  Lots of bases to up from, nothing too crowded. 

If a map needs to be dealt with and removed from the rotation it is Mindanao. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 08:33:21 AM »

Trinity is one of the best maps we have.  What isn't there to like about it?  Plenty of places to have gv battles (albeit even the cursed V135), and truth be told it has the BEST tank town AH has to offer.  Lots of bases to up from, nothing too crowded. 

Agreed. Trinity is one of the few maps I log in and actually see a fight, other maps its simply a horde and nothing else. Plenty of GV's, Fights and carrier action.

JG 52

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 08:52:07 AM »
Spawn camping galore, that's about it. Pretty boring if your goal is not to land 50+ in a tank like we see a lot nowadays.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 08:52:17 AM »
seems quite a few GVers like trinity because of the opportunities for spawncamping, which requires almost no skill or effort.

that apart its a badly designed terrain which does nothing to promote real combat.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 09:10:43 AM »

BudGray,

No panties!!  Not wasting much time playing either.  ;)

Here is the rub.  Fellas that I see play the game quite often while I am logged on (Euro time) are @ 25 players or less a side.  I DON'T SEE THESE FIGHTS and BEST TANK BATTLES that you speak of.  I bet, if you look at the map right now, ROOKS will have captured all of the TT bases (as they had early this morning).  With the @ 20 players listed on the roster for any particular country only about a dozen of them are listed as in the air (which as I understand, also includes in Ground Vehicles).  I don't know maybe they are having a ball sitting in Gun Emplacements (which I totally enjoy from time to time).

The only reasonable thing to do at this time with such a huge map is to gang up and attempt to roll bases.  Otherwise the few resources that you have are scattered to the wind and you neither have enough players to defend against a 2 sided attack or have much success doing anything other than murdering paratroopers.  Now, if you do what strategy calls for, we have just mimicked a big brother version of early and mid war (no thank you).

The map is fine every once and a while, but I really, really wish that HTC would make it reset in the maximum of 48 hours.

As far as fights, it has become one big screwball of a Dueling Arena map with perk points.  So, in order to find a fight you must climb to 25k ft and be in the best perked ride to stand any good chance (which does not make getting to a fight such a fast option as has been stated).

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 09:10:43 AM »
add more spawn points or 7 day limit in map. my 2 cents

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 09:14:19 AM »
Without the old strat system and zone bases, it just isn't the same. :uhoh
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 09:17:02 AM »
or 7 day limit in map. my 2 cents

*zing*

wish granted...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 09:22:56 AM »
How many maps do we rotate through in the main arena?

EZRHINO

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 09:25:27 AM »
How many maps do we rotate through in the main arena?

EZRHINO

13 by my count:

baltic
beta2
compello
grinder
mesaview
mindanao
montis
ndisles
ozkansa
sfma
smpizza
tagma
trinity

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 09:37:52 AM »
Rhino presently it appears to be only 1  :D 

But seriously, no one will debate me that the problem as others have backed me up on, is that it is a stagnant base capture map.  Yes, on good days enough guys could horde together enough to push one side ahead.

I will guesstimate average map longevity is less than 48 hrs.  This map will likely be available for the entire 7 days, and therefore the PROBABILITY that you will be playing this map is about 3 times greater than any other particular map (here again not real statistics). 

I am voicing out my opinion that the map would be better appreciated if it were seen less often (via attempt of equalizing the longevity of map = less than 48 hrs).

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 09:43:17 AM »
Rhino presently it appears to be only 1  :D  

But seriously, no one will debate me that the problem as others have backed me up on, is that it is a stagnant base capture map.  Yes, on good days enough guys could horde together enough to push one side ahead.

I will guesstimate average map longevity is less than 48 hrs.  This map will likely be available for the entire 7 days, and therefore the PROBABILITY that you will be playing this map is about 3 times greater than any other particular map (here again not real statistics).  

I am voicing out my opinion that the map would be better appreciated if it were seen less often (via attempt of equalizing the longevity of map = less than 48 hrs).

Small maps do generally last 0.5-3 days, but large maps are usualy up much longer than 48 hours - and this is not limited to Trinity. I once tracked that for more than one month, but I haven't the detailed numbers at hand right dow.

Reducing maximum uptime to 48 hours would severly cut the chances to win the war on a large map at all. And taking out the "war" is not a good idea for the game, as winning it respectively preventing the other side from winning it is a great motivator for a lot of players.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 09:52:14 AM »

Reducing maximum uptime to 48 hours would severly cut the chances to win the war on a large map at all. And taking out the "war" is not a good idea for the game, as winning it respectively preventing the other side from winning it is a great motivator for a lot of players.

my impression is that a single country is playing the win the war game, the other two just want to furball.
Winning the war gets old, the tactics involved are pretty weak.
now posting as SirNuke