Author Topic: Trinity Map Sucks  (Read 4234 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Trinity Map Sucks
« on: April 16, 2012, 10:38:55 PM »
In my opinion it is the least fun, yet it seems to spend more time as the current map than any other by far.  Does a map win reset trinity more often than it times out?  I think it stagnates.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: Trinity Map Sucks
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 10:39:30 PM »
just finding this out? :bolt:
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 10:43:56 PM »
It's the perfect map for the horde to run wild on...

There's a good percentage of us who will cheer the horde on.  Reset this crap map asap.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 01:28:08 AM »
I have more fun on Trinity than any other map.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 02:05:15 AM »
I have more fun on Trinity than any other map.
^ Same, 135 spawn = Best GV fight in the game IMO, sure it is camped out 80% of the time but when it's not Ive seen epic 20v20 tank battles raging  :O

:salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 02:08:40 AM »
Time for Snailman  :aok

Actually, I was just pondering the same Rob.  It appears that purely due to the design of this map, it is HARDER TO RESET.  The RESULT is, in a random rotation of maps this one would see far more time on the servers, than smaller maps and those more conducive to field captures.

In another thread, someone put forth the idea that maps have a time limit on them.  This is one way that we may be assured of a more evenly distribution of current maps in play.  I for one, would like to see something along those lines rather than waiting for a manual reset from the powers that be.  If such a time restraint were to go in to effect, it would be nice to add 2 additional "improvements" to the win the war game board.

1)  A countdown clock maybe associated with the clock in the tower, that would display the number of minutes of map time remaining (of course the normal map resets in 4 min warnings must also be initiated automatically).

2)  An improved perk award system that dishes out 1/3 of the perks to each country whenever a map times out (this offsets the inconvenience of booting players, and limiting their time frame for completely defeating a map).

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 02:38:35 AM »
In another thread, someone put forth the idea that maps have a time limit on them.

But they do already...  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 02:39:46 AM »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 02:42:48 AM »
Yes.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 04:10:28 AM »
Lusche,

Then it would be a simple request to fill to change the reset time to 48 hours or less.

An unfortunate map rotation during an otherwise highly populated weekend or extended holiday or vacation period and there you go ....... :rolleyes:

In fact, how many weekends has it been that Trinity has not been the map?  (Rhetorical question....  but I have more recollections of it being there than any other map perhaps just a prejudice on my part).

Most smaller maps stay for  a day or less. In comparison could you debate whether or not it occupies more than its fair share of the server's time?

On another note, I would like to say to the designer of the map, this is indeed a very good map.  The problem is with the amount of time that it is in play.  So, even though I might have at some time expressed that the map sucks, what I should have properly stated was the facts, that its dominance on the servers sucks (for the lack of better wording).

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 04:21:05 AM »
don't be shy it does suck.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 04:38:05 AM »
Okay, Noir  :lol  I still think the map is great.  It would be even greater if I didn't see it as much.  How is that?  :noid

Offline Full Metal Jug

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 05:10:33 AM »
I like the pizza map with the gvs in the center, I also like the one that is seperated by seas w/ two carriers in the water on ea. side (Four total). I like the larger area maps, but I hate the one that's shaped like India at the peninsula.

"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."

— George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 06:47:21 AM »
It does suck...
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 07:08:41 AM »
Trinity was intollerable to me until I found a particularly popular ground war spot that has become very popular with players. I do not belive it was intended to be what it has become and its popularity is based on distance and topography.

It is a stagnant nonmoving fight that is really a struggle for control of a small 1 mile square area that has no base taking objectives. the only objective is control of the spawn area and the ability to "camp" the enemy as they spawn in and try to overwhelm the camp ambush.

A spawn from a141 that is right on top of a spawn from v87 next to v135 produces a volitale and often lopsided ground war that is entertaining to fight in or above. the topography favors a141 spawn and the country owning the airbase spawn ussually is involved in a spawn camp. this can be broken by an attack on the solo vehicle hangar at that airbase then picking off the campers until they all are dead and forced to make the 3 mile trip from v135 to the spawn battle site.

unfortunately like the rest of trinity even this one spot is no different from the rest of the map in terms of beign a lopsided fight most of the time. the only difference is you dont have to travel great distances to get to the lopsided fight which seems to make it less unattractive in terms of where people want to play on Trinity.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 07:10:16 AM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013