Author Topic: My mom called me  (Read 6093 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
My mom called me
« on: April 26, 2012, 11:21:39 PM »
and told me there was a snake down at the barn, so I grabbed my snake glove and headed down. I had no idea what kind he was, but when I got down there he was up like a rattler and moving his tail like one.

I grabbed the shovel and dispatched him. The only good snake is a dead one.

My preffered method is shotgun, but that is generally frowned upon at 10:45 at night.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: My mom called me
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 11:31:29 PM »
 :mad:

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 11:35:30 PM »
Why kill a harmless Blotched Water Snake?   :confused:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 11:36:00 PM »
If you look, you will see 3 lumps. Those are 3 of our baby chickens.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 11:37:57 PM »
Why kill a harmless Blotched Water Snake?   :confused:

That is NOT a blotched water snake.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 11:40:28 PM »
If you look, you will see 3 lumps. Those are 3 of our baby chickens.
It's not the snakes fault you can't keep you're chickens safe.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 11:40:53 PM »
You killed a snake. Look at you. Wtg.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 11:42:09 PM »

Nope, it's not the snakes fault. I am the reason the snake isn't a problem anymore, however.
You killed a snake. Look at you. Wtg.

Tupac landed 1 victory with a shovel.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 11:42:44 PM »
That is NOT a blotched water snake.

My bad, a Rat Snake.    First picture was darker.

Agree 100%.   

« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:44:19 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 11:47:30 PM »
My bad, a Rat Snake.    First picture was darker.

Agree 100%.   

I still don't think it was a Rat Snake. If I can figure out what it is I put it in a bucket and take it down to the snake farm and they will keep it down there. This snake coiled up and shook it's tail like a rattler - something I've never seen a rat snake do before.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 11:51:03 PM »
I still don't think it was a Rat Snake. If I can figure out what it is I put it in a bucket and take it down to the snake farm and they will keep it down there. This snake coiled up and shook it's tail like a rattler - something I've never seen a rat snake do before.

You wouldn't have gotten that close if it was a Rattler.   Coiling and shaking it's tail is a defensive mechanism in most snakes.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 11:52:34 PM »
You wouldn't have gotten that close if it was a Rattler.   Coiling and shaking it's tail is a defensive mechanism in most snakes.   

I didn't think it was a rattler, but it was acting like one. You can hear that rattle a solid 30' away.

Y'all sure are defensive of a dumb snake, sounds like PETA members.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 11:58:07 PM »
I didn't think it was a rattler, but it was acting like one. You can hear that rattle a solid 30' away.

I like snakes.   They are like bats in that they control pests, which are cool too.   The chicks were on you guys though, not the snake.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 12:00:28 AM »

^^^

My school has a nature trail thats along 2 miles long, well a guy was there 2 weeks ago, saw a 7 foot king snake, took a picture and ran, now the school is trying to kill it.
"Nature on the nature trail oh my gosh lets kill it cause it clearly shouldn't be there!"
People these days  :mad:
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 12:05:00 AM »
The chicks were on you guys though, not the snake.   

Well unfortunately, reinforcing the chicken coop is reactionary, not preventative. We do the best we can, and we assume it is secure until otherwise proven. Now we have to figure out where we he got in and how to fix it. When a snake get's that big (We measured it, 5 1/2 feet) It's just best to kill it. I don't like snakes almost as big as I am.