Author Topic: strat downtimes broken  (Read 649 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
strat downtimes broken
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:01:42 PM »
city stays down but all other factories respawn in 45 minutes regardless of city status.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: strat downtimes broken
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 08:04:28 PM »
Seems to be a map-independent bug. Found similar last week on Ozkansas.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:08:01 PM »
I believe it is related to the 5 trains that are setup to resupply the 5 factories.

if you set them up direct to the factory with a 2 mile radius the radius of resupply overlaps quite a bit onto other strats.

so unless each strat factory train is just a damage supply reduction mechanism and does not allow more than 100% resupply then its possible the factories are being supplied multiple times each time the trains run to nearby factories.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 12:09:27 AM »
I have seen this on NDisles, and Compello. seems ozkansas has the same bug.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 06:08:41 AM »
The mass buff raid on the strats yesterday did not reduce the city to 20% or below but rather left it at 25%.

I'm pretty sure that 20% is the threshold of having an effect on strategic factory regeneration times.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:23:30 AM by icepac »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 06:36:47 AM »
The mass buff raid on the strats yesterday did not reduce the city to 20% or below but rather left it at 25%.

I'm pretty sure that 20% is the threshold of having an effect on strategic factory regeneration times.

Not according to game FAQ:

Each time a train, convoy or barge spawns, it first checks to see if there has been damage to the supplier (cities supply factories and factories supply fields).  The amount of supplies carried to the destination depends on the amount of damage to the supplier.  If the supplier has been damaged by 50%, only one out of every six train cars or convoy trucks will carry supplies.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 10:36:31 AM »
One example: Last week we were doing a  B-29 strat mission on Ozkansas The City was taken down to 29% (before any factory was bombed!), the factories down to between 30 and 70%.
We had barely landed as all factories were back to 100%.
Flying recon over the strats in a Mossie XVI veryfied the status visually. (I'm stating this because of http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,332071.0.html )

With that, it's indeed futile to attack the strats at all.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 01:59:32 PM »
a city and 5 factories within a radius of a few miles and 5 trains that have tracks that can only be placed on certain parts of each grid.

I've been redoing my first main arena and am setting the city complexes up. I have taken great pains to make sure no train resupply radius overlaps with nearby factories but it has taken very careful positioning.

I still am curious what effect multiple trains would have on a strat factory because if they have one I could almost guarantee they are a likely suspect in this horendous bug that completely breaks the strat war.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 02:17:15 PM »
I'm guessing that HTC wouldn't allow it, but the map I'm working on only has one train going to the city/strat complex, and the radius is set to cover all the strats. I'm guessing that would keep the strats down longer, since there's only one train to supply everything.

If I have to have one train for each factory, I'll have to redo some of the terrain...that would suck because I really like how my strats fit right now and there isn't room for 5 separate trains for one or two of my strat complexes.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 03:24:01 PM »
50% it is then which means they indeed, don't work properly.

I flew over 2 hours later and all the city buildings were popping back up.

I have also tanked a factory down to 24%, driven back out along the train track supplying it, and killed all incoming trains......yet the stuff came up a short time later.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 05:57:17 PM »
Can any knowledgable map makers make an educated guess as to which maps currently up in the MA rotation are not bugged out with the strats?  Is it all of them or only a few?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.