Author Topic: ENY and Side Changing Rules  (Read 4084 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: ENY and Side Changing Rules
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »
We do just this, usually we stay knights unless they are in a dead zone with no opposition. In that case we go to whoever has the most red available for targets. TG are not base takers, we just look for a fight.

When I only fly 1 hour of a day, I rather switch for 12 hours and get a good hour fight in before logging off.

ya I never understood what the fun is in shooting at objects that don't move or shoot back...but whatever, whats fun for me is not whats fun for everyone.....

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2012, 10:07:37 PM »
ya I never understood what the fun is in shooting at objects that don't move or shoot back...but whatever, whats fun for me is not whats fun for everyone.....

then ask fester why he hits so many undefended town.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2012, 10:19:57 PM »
We do just this, usually we stay knights unless they are in a dead zone with no opposition. In that case we go to whoever has the most red available for targets. TG are not base takers, we just look for a fight.

When I only fly 1 hour of a day, I rather switch for 12 hours and get a good hour fight in before logging off.

if you fly 1 hour a day then the 12 hours is meaningless as you can switch when you log in.  this is what I call being a hypocrite. you come here accusing me of being a picker and a vulcher when all you do is camp.  there's a big difference between what you do and what I do.  I will vulch your plane if you are dumb enough to up over a field that I am in.  but I will not stay there for hours like you do.   

so if all you do is play 1 hour then the 12 hour switch wont help you.  hell the 1 hour switch wont help you either as you will log before it's time to switch.

this is one thing that pisses me off about he guys who come here whining about the 12 hour switch.  I would have more respect and even support you if you came right out and say that you want to switch anytime you want just to get more kill as that was the reason I switched many times when it was a 1 hour switch time.  but dont try the bs that you will try to even the sides.  at least ink was honest about it and I respect that.  most of you dont really care who's losing or winning, it's all about getting more kills.  and again i would respect that as that's what we all want to do, but dont pretend that you want to help the low side as most of you dont really care.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2012, 02:03:30 AM »

this is one thing that pisses me off about he guys who come here whining about the 12 hour switch.  I would have more respect and even support you if you came right out and say that you want to switch anytime you want just to get more kill as that was the reason I switched many times when it was a 1 hour switch time.  but dont try the bs that you will try to even the sides.  at least ink was honest about it and I respect that.  most of you dont really care who's losing or winning, it's all about getting more kills.  and again i would respect that as that's what we all want to do, but dont pretend that you want to help the low side as most of you dont really care.

semp

So because I fly 1 hour a day and shoot down more planes then you Its suddenly about getting more kills?
*facepalm

Its about finding a fight - you know .......more red guys then GREEN guys.... If I have to switch countries to find them then I will, I am not going to take a base or camp when there are NO targets around is the whole point of the thread.
Some people DO switch countries to the lowest side, I only switch to 2 countries - Rook or Knights - depending the size of a Dar between both I switch as needed.

Back on Topic -

I'd like to see going back to a 6 hour change, frankly the whole thing started with people switching side to the winning team to get the perks when the war was won. Why not allow people to switch, but don't get the perks for 12 hours?
Makes more sense to me, even 24 hours for that matter. Most who do switch sides looking for a fight don't need the perks to begin with, i'd even say perk it so if someone wants to change they have to spend the perks.

JG 52

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2012, 03:21:55 AM »
then ask fester why he hits so many undefended town.

semp

not sure why he does...guessing he likes it....just not for me.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2012, 08:16:38 AM »
It is always about finding a fight.  Sometimes, especially Saturday morning, that dynamic can change pretty quick. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2012, 08:29:40 AM »
It is always about finding a fight.  Sometimes, especially Saturday morning, that dynamic can change pretty quick. 

I enjoyed the fight when the bish were hording the rooks - TG decided to hop over to rook and up a bunch of 262s based on the Dar, around the same time as Tracerfi rage quit via the BBS lol.

/Still sorry for the Ho, at 550mph things happen quick:)
JG 52

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2012, 11:08:58 AM »

:aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2012, 02:12:44 PM »
75-100 fighter perks to switch once an hour or your first time inside of your 12 hours.

250 fighter perks to switch at will inside of the last hour switched.

Make sure a popup menu apprises you of your perk account balance if you have enough or not, and what it is costing to switch sides at that moment.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2012, 02:44:02 PM »
75-100 fighter perks to switch once an hour or your first time inside of your 12 hours.

250 fighter perks to switch at will inside of the last hour switched.

Make sure a popup menu apprises you of your perk account balance if you have enough or not, and what it is costing to switch sides at that moment.

Sounds extremely excessive for a country change cost? The popup box is a great idea, asking a person what bank they want it taken out of also i.e fighter, bomber and GVs.

The whole idea behind the 12 hour time frame was to stop people switching countries when the war was about to win - it hurt those otherwise (which is a very small percentage).

JG 52

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2012, 12:53:03 AM »
Sounds just perfict if it's making you complain. Means very few players will be using it as a habit other than that sudden shift near the war win to the winning side. Also means those complaining will only be happy when they can side hop for free anytime they want. So the complaint will shift to trying to make the price so cheap it's virtualy side hopping at will.

But, then look how many years have gone by with the spit14 still perked and several long running posts with everything possible about the game and the spit14 in the universe argued about and no shift on the stance by HTC. At least you can switch sides once a day.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2012, 01:36:08 AM »
The whole idea behind the 12 hour time frame was to stop people switching countries when the war was about to win - it hurt those otherwise (which is a very small percentage).

:huh: uhh anything to support this statement or are you just talking out of your bum?
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2012, 04:00:25 AM »
It should always be allowed to change to the country with the lowest numbers, when they are at a large enough disadvantage. It still counts as a country change, so switching again to another, not smallest country has a timer limit.

This solves two issues:
1. It is always possible to assist the smallest chess piece and players who like "target rich" environments can always go there.
2. Squadrons that logged in and found their players scattered between the chess pieces can always switch to the same piece - the smallest one. The squadron get to fly together and the smallest country gets a boost.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2012, 09:32:35 AM »
:huh: uhh anything to support this statement or are you just talking out of your bum?

Late war country change time has been increased back to 12 hours.  That is how long you will have to wait after changing countries before you can change again.

From news release:
 on: July 19, 2011, 03:58:31 PM
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,316855.0.html

If you do remember when we had two arenas, whoever was winning the war everyone hopped on that side to get the perks - this put an end to it.
JG 52

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2012, 09:38:30 AM »
Late war country change time has been increased back to 12 hours.  That is how long you will have to wait after changing countries before you can change again.

From news release:
 on: July 19, 2011, 03:58:31 PM
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,316855.0.html

If you do remember when we had two arenas, whoever was winning the war everyone hopped on that side to get the perks - this put an end to it.

Not quite. Even before the country switch time was getting back to 12h, this particular bug had been fixed - you didn't get the perks if you hadn't been on that country for at least 12 hours. That was independent from country switch limitations.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman