Author Topic: Yak 3  (Read 479 times)

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
Yak 3
« on: May 15, 2012, 10:09:29 PM »
Would like to see the yak 3 some day. :airplane:

would yak 3 be a whole new design or could one of the existing yaks be modified?

"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
Re: Yak 3
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 11:22:49 PM »
 I to would like to see the Yak-3 in the game. We had a chance on the last two volts to take the Yak-3 but we ended up with the hangar queen the B-29 and our newest target drone the ME-410. Maybe at the next vote people will come to there since and vote in the yak-3.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 12:15:56 AM »
Would very much like to see the Yak-3 at some point. Maybe when the Yaks get the upgrade.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 09:41:02 AM »
 That should read, Come to their senses. That is what you get when you type with no sleep lol.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 09:42:47 AM »
The lot of ya need to pipe down before you get Waystin all fired up...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 04:37:41 PM »
He's busy.......

:airplane: :joystick: YAK 3 YIPPIY DO DA YAY  :joystick: :airplane: :banana: :banana: :banana: :x :x :x :cheers:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 05:48:57 PM »
I'm still waiting/pushing for those YAK-3 Tshirts from our museum so I can get him one.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 06:42:53 PM »
The Tay-9T and 9U both need to be updated.  The Yak-3 might share some parts with them, but it has significant differences as well.  It would either be a completely independent creations or require major changes between the versions.  I am not sure there is an example in AH right now of two planes in the same series with that level of differences.  Maybe the Mossies.

N1K1-J and N1K2-J would be another example of some overlap with major differences, but we don't have the N1K1-J yet.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 04:23:58 AM »
The Tay-9T and 9U both need to be updated.  The Yak-3 might share some parts with them, but it has significant differences as well.  It would either be a completely independent creations or require major changes between the versions.  I am not sure there is an example in AH right now of two planes in the same series with that level of differences.  Maybe the Mossies.

N1K1-J and N1K2-J would be another example of some overlap with major differences, but we don't have the N1K1-J yet.

I suppose it could be argued that there was as much similarity between the Yak3 and the Yak9's as there is between the two updated Ju87's about to be implemented.
Ludere Vincere

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 10:21:14 AM »
 Here is how to get the Yuk-3. Next time HTC puts up a list of planes to be voted on vote for the Yak-3 instead of more hangar queens and target drones.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 06:21:31 PM »
If I recall, the top 3 planes of the last poll were the B-29, followed by the 410, followed by the Yak-3....  someone have a calculator?, this is serious math.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 07:00:22 PM »
If I recall, the top 3 planes of the last poll were the B-29, followed by the 410, followed by the Yak-3....  someone have a calculator?, this is serious math.

The top three planes of the last poll were the Me410, which won, the Yak-3 in second and, if I recall correctly, the Meteor in distant 3rd.  There were no American aircraft on the list, probably so that something else would have a chance after the way American aircraft dominated the previous two polls.

(Yes, I know the Me410 came in second in the poll prior to the last one, but that is a technicality as the B-29 siphoned so many votes off of the A-26 that the Me410 managed to edge the A-26 out to make the final round.  Nobody is under any misunderstanding of what a poll between the Me410 and A-26 would have resulted in.)
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-