Author Topic: Oscar  (Read 4418 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Oscar
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2012, 06:47:16 PM »
Can any veteran player come forward and say you were any good? didn't think so ace.

High-Tone is far better then you want to believe, I've fought him countless times in a Scenario, if you think he's average you clearly need to go outside and breath some fresh air.

I've never said he was average. You some how construed 'good, but not quite great' to mean that I'm some how underestimating him. If I were to try and manuver with him, I know I'd most likely lose, and quite quickly. Especially with no practice for 9 months. However, since he says he'd take a D3A, I know that essentially any fighter I have experience with will give me a huge margine of preformance to work with. In other words I can escape before he's done any serious damage.

If the D3A had a pair of .50's or 12.7mm's, then I'd worry about him making a kill during an overshoot through skill of aim. But with the 7.7's, I know that if I'm killed in the brief firing window he'd have in an overshoot, then odds are that I just got unlucky.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2012, 06:49:25 PM »
lulz. This topic is supposed to be about the ki-43, not about how (not so) awesome some players are. Its really childish and not needed.
Both the plane and the pilot are major determining factors, maybe the pilot has more weight. Also, i fought HighTone and he was flying well, i cant say a bad word about him.
Draw, lads, chill, relax, open a cold beer...

so...  btw...  anyone has some info about the ki-43's dive and roll characteristics? Since Maker and Karnak posted some data, i find this aircraft more n more interesting.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2012, 06:53:01 PM »
lulz. This topic is supposed to be about the ki-43, not about how (not so) awesome some players are. Its really childish and not needed.
Both the plane and the pilot are major determining factors, maybe the pilot has more weight. Also, i fought HighTone and he was flying well, i cant say a bad word about him.
Draw, lads, chill, relax, open a cold beer...

so...  btw...  anyone has some info about the ki-43's dive and roll characteristics? Since Maker and Karnak posted some data, i find this aircraft more n more interesting.

Brody's right, we hijacked the hell out of this topic.

I'm still opposed to the Ki-43 at this point in time, and I still feel theres no argument for it from the perspective of 'what it adds to the MA'.

But a good argument can be made for its historical significance.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2012, 07:14:27 PM »
Perhaps it would be wise for you to refrain from passing judgment on someone who you have virtually no information on, and next to no experience fighting.

I do have experience fighting against you when you were both flying under the name Nemisis and Jager.  Under both names you showed an amazing amount of lack of skill and thought you were good just because you flew in a squadron with a couple of decent sticks.  You at no time were "decent" or "above average"  you were firmly in the school of mediocrity and really had no hope of moving up from that spot.  So, perhaps it would be wise for you to refrain on commenting about another's skill level when yours was so lacking and from commenting on such things as ACM and tactics because you don't have a clear grasp of either.  

Enjoy.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2012, 07:23:34 PM »

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2012, 07:46:49 PM »
I do have experience fighting against you when you were both flying under the name Nemisis and Jager.  Under both names you showed an amazing amount of lack of skill and thought you were good just because you flew in a squadron with a couple of decent sticks.  You at no time were "decent" or "above average"  you were firmly in the school of mediocrity and really had no hope of moving up from that spot.  So, perhaps it would be wise for you to refrain on commenting about another's skill level when yours was so lacking and from commenting on such things as ACM and tactics because you don't have a clear grasp of either.  

Enjoy.

ack-ack
Enough said.  :aok
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2012, 07:55:13 PM »

Enjoy.

ack-ack

IIRC, you hadn't fought me once in the 10 months before I left, and only a bare handfull of times before that. Yet you think yourself capable of not only judging current skill level, but also total potential in what almost certinally ammounts to less than 3 minutes of interaction? If that is the case, then you, sir, are not only arrogant, but also ignorant.

As I've said before, you bear personal animosity towards me. I try not to let my dislike for you affect my postings, and I kindly ask that you show the same restraint. If not, we can always take this over to FW.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2012, 08:01:32 PM »
IIRC, you hadn't fought me once in the 10 months before I left, and only a bare handfull of times before that. Yet you think yourself capable of not only judging current skill level, but also total potential in what almost certinally ammounts to less than 3 minutes of interaction? If that is the case, then you, sir, are not only arrogant, but also ignorant.

As I've said before, you bear personal animosity towards me. I try not to let my dislike for you affect my postings, and I kindly ask that you show the same restraint. If not, we can always take this over to FW.

Not sure if you read Akak's post, but I believe its spot on. You have some sort of ego protraying this "amazing Tanker or 109" pilot when in reality only 1% in this game stand out period, your apple isn't on that tree or anywhere near it.
JG 52

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2012, 09:03:28 PM »
Tank Ace is a gongshow.

Nuff said

~JOACH1M~
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Mirage

• Nickel Member
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2012, 09:20:36 PM »
Don't even bother posting in here Tank. You are only making it worse for yourself.  :uhoh
Kommando Nowotny

I/Jg-301Gelb Zehn |

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2012, 10:09:43 PM »
Not sure if you read Akak's post, but I believe its spot on. You have some sort of ego protraying this "amazing Tanker or 109" pilot when in reality only 1% in this game stand out period, your apple isn't on that tree or anywhere near it.

I've never said I was amazing, I've said I was probably a better-than-average 109 stick, and a good tanker. However, some of you seem to lack the brain cells to comprehend that there is some space between 'poor' or even 'mediocre' on the one hand, and 'great' or 'amazing' on the other.

I assume you don't really see the world in shades of black and white like that. Yet for some reason, you seem to have trouble grasping what I say when it involves anything between two extremes of any sort. I'm not you, so I can't do anything about problems on your end, and so I leave it to you. Figure it out.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2012, 06:08:21 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
thanks, thats some useful stuff but isnt saying anything about the characteristics i asked for  ;)

Some knowledge about the diving/rolling behaviour would be quite inportant as they are major determining factors of how successful the plane can be.
Just look the brewster or a hurricane, slow as hell, still can catch many planes if they come with altitude, couse they can reach high speeds without compression. In the other hand, the zeek can find itself in trouble.
Also the roll rate, just see how a spixteen can defeat a better turning spit8, or how an a6m3 can outscissor the a6m2.

If anyone has some flight test reports, feel free to post it. Ty
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 06:10:22 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2012, 07:16:45 AM »

Enjoy.

ack-ack

:rofl Tank-Ace posts are always great value...the kid has such a big mouth on the forum for someone who doesn't even play anymore

his backpedalling in this thread reminds me of what lulu posted recently "Wind hoots through the trouser, but the shoe is already wetting."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 07:18:17 AM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2012, 07:25:54 AM »
IIRC, you hadn't fought me once in the 10 months before I left, and only a bare handfull of times before that. Yet you think yourself capable of not only judging current skill level, but also total potential in what almost certinally ammounts to less than 3 minutes of interaction?
yea I bet he can! Akak has played the game since AW. Even I can tell when I fight a noob if he has any potential to have some sort of skill in a few months.

Come on over to FW, you're going to get shredded into little bits a pieces by those guys over there.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 09:08:05 AM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2012, 08:32:27 AM »
To Tank-Ace
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10